This quick and easy homemade Irish cream recipe is the one you’ve been looking for! You’ll never have to buy a bottle at the liquor store again when all it takes is 5 minutes and 6 ingredients to make the perfect copycat version of your favorite silky-smooth Irish cream liqueur!
DIYing your own homemade Irish cream recipe is really too hard to pass up.
Six ingredients? That you probably already have on hand?
This recipe is absolutely delicious! I’m always so happy with the results of a copycat recipe, and I promise you will be too once you whip up a batch or three.
This page includes step by step instructions, as well as tips and notes. If you’d like to skip all that, feel free to scroll down to the full, printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
What is Irish cream?
Irish cream is a cream-based liqueur that can be enjoyed on its own, or mixed in cocktails, coffee, or used in desserts. Typically made with Irish whiskey, the drink is lightly sweetened and also contains hints of coffee, chocolate, and vanilla flavors.
It has been made popular mostly in the form of Baileys Irish Cream, a well known store-bought brand. I’m a big fan of all of their flavors, and I use it a lot in baking, so our liquor cabinet is never without a bottle.
Your homemade Baileys will blow that 2-year shelf life stuff out of the water. Plus, it’s ridiculously quick and easy to make. You don’t even need any special blender or strainer – a bowl and a whisk will do the job as well as any high-powered small kitchen appliance.
- Sweetened condensed milk – keep a few extra cans of this on hands for whim recipes like this.
- Irish whiskey – it IS boozy, after all.
- Heavy cream
- Instant coffee
- Chocolate syrup
- Vanilla extract
How to make homemade Irish cream
- In a blender, combine the all of the ingredients and blend on high speed until combined, about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Transfer the mixture to an airtight container or glass bottle. Store in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 2 months. Shake well before using and serve chilled over ice or splashed in your morning coffee.
The best ways to use homemade Irish cream
So what will you do with your homemade Irish cream? Aside from sipping it as a dessert cocktail with a little ice or using it in an Irish coffee, of course!?
It adds a nice kick to festive cocktails like my mint chocolate Guinness float, and jazzes up a creamy espresso martini, as well. As far as baking, you can add it to just about anything from cupcakes to lava cake to truffles. It’s the star in this Irish Cream Coffee Mud Pie.
Even more delicious Irish recipes to enjoy!
If you love this recipe, please consider leaving a 5 STAR RATING! If you really love it, leave us a comment and let us know – we appreciate all forms of feedback!
Join in on the fun in our Facebook group! Feel free to share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, help out your fellow home cooks, and see what’s new with The Crumby Kitchen (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #crumbykitchen so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also enjoy exclusive content before anyone else by subscribing to our weekly newsletter – and you’ll never miss a delicious recipe again!
Homemade Irish Cream
- 1 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cups Irish whiskey
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a blender, combine the all of the ingredients and blend on high speed until combined, 30-60 seconds.
- Transfer mixture to an airtight container or glass bottle. Store in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 2 months. Shake well before using and serve chilled over ice or splashed in your morning coffee.