This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
Ooooh, Irish Cream Coffee Truffles. Using only 5 ingredients, you can be popping these little bites of chocolate and coffee-loving heaven, spiked with Irish cream, in no time!
I’m back!! Did you miss me?! Did you even know I was missing?
Even if you didn’t, I made you chocolate truffles!
(For two reasons:) Because they’re my favorite candy, and I knew you’d appreciate them. They’re all things chocolate and coffee and Irish cream and they’re covered in the best sprinkles ever!
You know, candy making is an art.
I was recently asked to be a judge of cakes and confections at our county fair, and immediately jumped at the chance. I figured it would be a nice little bite to add to my résumé, and an overall good experience in case I’m ever asked to do so again somewhere else.
The candy-making skills of the entries…let’s just say they ran the gamut. I saw some adorable and delicious looking sweets, for sure, but nothing quite like these Irish Cream Coffee Truffles.
Tempering chocolate and cracking molds aside, the fears I had about making truffles were ridiculous. They’re literally the easiest candy you could possibly want to make.
I make ganache both at work and at home on a regular basis…and yet I never realized what a great truffle base it is. Butter, cream, chocolate: boom, candy.
But how do you take so few simple ingredients from this…
And a high tolerance for having chocolate on your hands that you can’t lick off.
With the holidays coming up on us insanely fast, I highly recommend you give these a shot if you’re like me, and like to gift people baked goods and sweets from your own kitchen.
Sure, I could go out and buy you something that you might use. But why do that when I could just leave a couple of pounds on your hips to remind you just how much I care instead?
Nothin’ says lovin’ like winter weight gained from a good batch of sweets!
Trust me, with foodie friends like me, you don’t need enemies. Just ask my husband!
Irish Cream Coffee Truffles
Using only 5 ingredients, you can be popping these little bites of chocolate and coffee-loving heaven, spiked with Irish cream, in no time!
- Chop the dark chocolate fairly small and place in a large, heat-proof bowl. Set aside.
- Combine cream, butter, and espresso powder in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally to help blend the ingredients and dissolve the espresso powder, and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Remove from heat and pour over the chopped chocolate. Allow to sit for 4-5 minutes, then whisk until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Gently whisk in the Irish cream.
- Pour ganache into a shallow baking dish, then refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- When ganache has firmed up, using a melon baller or small cookie scoop, create 1-inch balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Return pan to refrigerator for 45-60 minutes.
- When ready to garnish, place sprinkles or cocoa powder in shallow dishes at your work space. Remove truffles from refrigerator, roll each one between the palms of your hands to tighten the ball shape, then roll in sprinkles/cocoa. Place coated truffles back on parchment, on a serving plate, in an airtight container, or in your mouth..
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1326kcal Calories from fat 907|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 101g||155%|
|Saturated Fat 62g||310%|
|Dietary Fiber 8g||32%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
What is your favorite holiday treat?