Tired of the same old pint of Guinness? Kick it up Leprechaun style! Add a scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream, a dollop of Irish cream whipped cream, and a drizzle of chocolate for a fun and festive Mint Chocolate Guinness Float!
Life is hard. At the end of the day, after the work day ends, dinner and dishes are done, and the kids are in bed, it’s finally time for the grown-ups to unwind and relax.
Sometimes, you just need a beer.
Sometimes, it’s gotta be a Guinness.
Sometimes….a plain ol’ Guinness just isn’t enough.
In which case, this Mint Chocolate Guinness Float is a perfect blend of childhood and adulthood, all in one glass!
JUST TAKE ME TO THE MINT CHOCOLATE GUINNESS FLOAT ALREADY!
If you’d rather skip my (pretty darn helpful) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this deliciously easy ice cream float recipe, just scroll right on down to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card!
I admit, I was kind of skeptical of this concoction at first.
But I love experimentation!
You can never go wrong blending mint and chocolate, and Guinness (stout beers in general) has chocolate notes that, by all accounts, should elevate the minty ice cream floating in it, right?
SO right. If you’re a Guinness fan and have a soft spot for minty green ice cream, then this float is for you!
St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner, so I offer this recipe for your celebratory consideration.
It’s green and it’s beer and it’s Irish and it’s topped with a simple, tasty Bailey’s whipped cream that you might not be able to keep your spoon out of.
I’m a sucker for whipped cream anyway, so if your whipped ratio is equal to your beer ratio, I promise not to judge.
LOOKING FOR MORE ICE CREAM DRINK RECIPES?
- Fairy Bread Funfetti Milkshake
- Ice Cream Champagne Floats
- Twist & Shout Milkshake
- 31 More Amazing Frozen Treats
HELPFUL KITCHEN TOOLS FOR MAKING ICE CREAM FLOATS:
Mint Chocolate Guinness Float
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Irish cream Bailey's
- ⅓ cup mint chocolate chip ice cream 1 heaping scoop
- 8 ounces stout beer Guinness
- Chocolate sauce
- In a cold bowl, whip heavy cream to soft peaks with a hand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Sprinkle in sugar and Irish cream, then whip to medium peaks. Set aside.
- Place scoop of ice cream in a dessert or pilsner glass. Slowly pour the stout on top of the ice cream, allowing the foam to go down before adding more. Stir slightly.
- Top with Bailey's whipped cream and garnish with lots of chocolate sauce. Enjoy!
PIN THIS GUINNESS ICE CREAM FLOAT FOR LATER!
Share Your Thoughts