This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
The Maui Moscow Mule puts a tropical twist on the classic cocktail! Trade out your typical vodka for something a little more pink, and your drink will be as gorgeous as a Hawaiian sunset!
This recipe is sponsored by KINKY Beverages.
As if I haven’t shared enough boozy bevs with you guys this summer, I’m at it again with another one today! Although, I gotta say, this one might be my fave ever.
I mean…look at it.
LOOK. AT. IT.
It’s pretty freakin’ stunning, if I do say so myself. Doesn’t it just make you wish you were relaxing on the sands in Hawaii, soaking in and sipping up that beyond gorgeous sunset? I mean, obviously you can’t sip a sunset, but you can at least pretend you are doing just that when this cocktail is in your hand.
As far as I’m concerned, this whole unicorn food trend can go and quickly die a fiery death.
Not that I have anything against unicorns, or pretty rainbow colored food. I had my fair share of Lisa Frank school supplies (and may still own some of it…) and I tend to freak out over colorful candles and bright, fuzzy socks. Not a hater.
I tend to balk at overly trendy things. I just have a hard time getting hyped over things that the rest of the world is crazy about.
For example, I didn’t give the Harry Potter series a chance until the 5th book was out. I happened to catch a few minutes of the first movie on TV and it was all over – I promptly became like the rest of the fangirls.
My point being: trends annoy me, but when I finally give in to one, there’s no turning back.
So while I may not like the pastelly, cotton candy, unicorn food thing, I’m not going to ignore the fact that everyone – and I mean everyone – loves to eat and drinks pretty things.
And as far as cocktails go, this twisted Moscow Mule recipe is about as pretty as it gets!
Which brings me to another trend – butterfly pea flowers. The ridiculous amount of pretty cocktail recipes popping up all over the internet using this all-natural blue dye is mind-boggling…and here I am, giving you another one.
Mine is different, though. This one is extra special.
It’s mixed with KINKY Vodka as well as KINKY Pink (vodka distilled with passion fruit, mango, and blood orange) and hard ginger beer and lots of lime juice; a Moscow Mule…but not, thanks to the tropical flavors.
It’s all shades of pink and purple and blue and peach and it legit looks like the sky down here in Florida at about 7:45PM right now (ugh DST.)
Since I’m becoming somewhat of a night owl thanks to work (and my tendency to procrastinate,) I don’t wake up early enough for sunrises, but I’ve definitely been enjoying the latter part of the daily light show.
There’s just something about summer sunsets. And when you can capture them in a glass? It’s pure magic.
How to make a Moscow Mule, rainbow style!
- 1. In a cocktail shaker filled halfway with crushed ice, combine KINKY vodka, KINKY liqueur, and lime juice. Shake for 30 seconds.
- 2. Fill a clear mule mug with crushed ice. Strain vodka mixture into glass.
- 3. Top with hard ginger beer.
- 4. Add a layer of crushed blue ice.
- 5. Garnish with fresh mango and lime wedges.
To make the blue ice: add 4-5 drops of liquid butterfly pea flower extract to each ice cube square in a tray. Fill with water & freeze. Crush ice and layer on top of drinks, and watch the magic happen!
Don’t hide this beauty is a copper mule mug – it deserves to be seen!
The (Moscow) Maui Mule
The Maui Mule puts a tropical twist on the classic cocktail! Trade out your typical vodka for something a little more pink, and your drink will be as gorgeous as a Hawaiian sunset!
- 1 1/2 ounces KINKY Pink vodka liqueur
- 1/2 ounce KINKY vodka
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 3 ounces hard ginger beer
- Crushed ice
- Lime wedges for garnish
- Cubed mango for garnish
Blue Crushed Ice
- Liquid butterfly pea flower extract
- Cold water
- In a cocktail shaker filled halfway with crushed ice, combine KINKY vodka, KINKY liqueur, and lime juice. Shake for 30 seconds.
- Fill a clear mule mug with crushed ice. Strain vodka mixture into glass. Top with hard ginger beer. Add a layer of crushed blue ice. Garnish with fresh mango and lime wedges.
- To make the blue ice: add 4-5 drops of liquid butterfly pea flower extract to each ice cube square in a tray. Fill with water & freeze. Crush ice and layer on top of drinks, and watch the magic happen!
Looking for more cocktails? Or how about another one including fresh mango?
PIN THIS COLORFUL TROPICAL MOSCOW MULE FOR LATER!