It doesn’t have to be a holiday to enjoy one of these Irish Coffee Cupcakes! Just like the classic coffee cocktail, these chocolate & coffee cupcakes are kissed with whiskey, and the fluffy whipped cream pillow on top of each one is infused with Bailey’s Irish Cream! Sláinte!
I think it’s safe to say I’m already over eating nothing but healthy food this year. Must be some kind of record, since it’s still January.
The number of sweets and snacks I’ve shared so far in 2018 definitely outnumbers the number I’ve actually eaten, but it’s not like I’m surviving on kale smoothies and zucchini noodles.
That’s definitely not my style.
SO MUCH IS HAPPENING IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW OMG.
It’s all equal amounts of happiness and stress and opportunity and work. Lots of work. And did I mention stress?
The kind of stress that requires a shot of booze in your morning coffee. Or a spiked coffee cupcake, if you’re feeling froggy.
Irish coffee cupcakes, to be exact.
I had my first Irish coffee in London a few years ago, ironically. Abe and I were out in the town proper, getting lost for fun, and we found this adorable, tiny coffee and pastry shop (one of the many we stopped in – I couldn’t tell you what it was called anymore). It was a typical cold, dreary February afternoon, and after walking around all morning, the warmth of the shop was so welcome.
We ordered a couple of croissants and our coffees and waited, huddled together, shaking the cold from our bones. The shop owner looked over his shoulder to ask a question and started chuckling when he saw us, and how out of place we were. Suddenly, his thick Irish accent cut through the empty room.
“D’you wanna have a gargle?”
The blank looks on our face must have been more obvious than we intended them to be because his laughter just got louder. He then held up a bottle of Irish whiskey and it all made sense.
Oh no please, don’t spike my coffee. What a horrible idea.
The whiskey was one thing, but the layer of thick cream on the top nearly ruined me for regular coffee.
With St. Patrick’s Day on the horizon, an Irish coffee-turned-cupcake sounded like a super idea.
Coffee, chocolate, whipped cream, and booze. What could be better in a dessert?
And even better – baking a small batch of Irish coffee cupcakes means you (1) have just enough for you and your sweetie or (2) you don’t have to share with anyone.
Wanna make your cupcakes look just like these? Grab the pearlized gold sugar, the pretty little edible gold star sprinkles and the pipettes (perfect for squeezing an extra shot of booze into each treat) on Amazon! (<– affiliate links)
Need another dose of coffee desserts?
- Brown Butter Coffee Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Mocha Mascarpone Cupcakes
- Peppermint Espresso Protein Balls
- Coffee Infused Banana Bread
- Coffee & Bailey’s Cake
Small Batch Irish Coffee Cupcakes
Irish Coffee Cupcakes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetend cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch kosher salt
- ¼ cup hot brewed coffee
- 2 tablespoons Irish whiskey
Irish Whipped Cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon Irish cream
- ¾ cup heavy cream
Irish Coffee Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place 6 cupcake liners in a muffin pan. Set aside.
- With a stand mixer or hand mixer, combine butter and sugars. Beat well until smooth, then add the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined. Add the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Beat in the coffee and whiskey and beat until just combined (batter will be thin).
- Divide evenly between prepared muffin cups. Place in the oven and immediately drop the temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake for 16-18 minutes, until the tops spring back when you touch them, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Irish Whipped Cream:
- With a stand mixer or hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add the Irish cream and mix until combined.
- Slowly add the cream, whipping until thick, stiff peaks form (about 3 minutes).
- Top each cupcake with the (stabilized) whipped cream, garnish, and serve.
PIN THESE IRISH COFFEE CUPCAKES WITH BAILEY’S WHIPPED CREAM FOR LATER!
They look amazing! I love Irish Coffee so I definitely have to make them soon!
They look soooooooo delicious!!! Wish I could grab one right of the screen!!
Elizabeth White says
Where do yiu buy the little capsules for the Whisky
Hi Elizabeth! I linked it in the post, but the link is right here! –> http://amzn.to/2DIXXMx Enjoy! xo
Megan @ MegUnprocessed says
These look incredible! Great photos!
Thank you so much, Meg!
I love how cute these look. Not to mention that they also sound delicious!
They’re much simpler than my usual style – but they’re cute in their own right! Thanks, LeAndra!
Lise - Mom Loves Baking says
I seriously need to try these! They look AMAZING!
You definitely do, Lise! Let me know how they turn out!
Your cupcakes look perfect! I can’t wait to try making them!
I really hope you do, Carolyn!
Richa Gupta says
I am in love with these Irish Coffee Cupcakes right away, yummy!
Thanks so much, Richa!
These cupcakes look so delicious! I love irish coffee and definitely need to try making these!
They are a real winner, Madi! Let me know if you love them!
Pam Greer says
Coffee, chocolate, whipped cream, and booze. – You are speaking my language here!! Everything I love all in one!
Thanks Pam! I do hope you try them!