In need of a quick holiday breakfast? This easy crescent-based Apple Pecan Pie Breakfast Ring stuffed with apples and pecan pie filling is sure to get you excited for the deliciousness to come!
Panic mode has set in in my overworked brain, y’all.
Thanksgiving is in just over two weeks, and I am SO unprepared.
Generally, Mr. Crumby and I spend the day with what is essentially our second family – my best friend, her boyfriend, brother, parents, and a smattering of other friends. She and her mom have most of the meal covered, and we are usually responsible for providing desserts (obviously), appetizers, and sometimes a rib roast if hubs is feeling the chef vibe.
This year, the holiday is sure to be a super-relaxed affair, since it’s the first day of our vacation!!!! (I’m only slightly excited!!!) Until then we’re diving in face-first to a busy month at work, as well as at home, and in spite of the red and green everywhere, we’re having a hard time getting into any sort of holiday spirit.
Enter this Apple Pecan Pie Breakfast Ring…
…This thing is guaranteed to generate a little bit of holiday spirit, even if in the shape of breakfast.
Working in a retail bakery, my days begin early and often end late, and with the sun going down at 5:30 PM now, it’s easy to fall into a zombie-like routine.
How am I supposed to get excited about baking pies and decorating my Christmas tree when the universe (and this stupid almost 90-degree weather) is telling me to be tired all the time?
Someone wise once told me (after hearing it somewhere else) that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. That may be true for health reasons, but I think that, depending on what you eat, it also sets you along the path that you’ll follow all day.
Eat oatmeal if you want to stay focused.
Eat bacon if you’re planning on being charming (since everyone loves bacon – I’m looking at you, lawyers.)
If you just want to be happy? I think that calls for coffee cake.
It may not be the most nutritious breakfast, but it’s bound to make you smile! Especially if it tastes like a tasty hybrid of two favorite holiday pies.
This breakfast treat is super easy to throw together, too, and can be ready to tear apart in about a half hour, depending on how fast you can chop apples and unroll Pillsbury Crescent rolls.
Meaning you can whip it up on November 26th, before anyone even wakes up, including the birds.
It might sound silly, but I think this tasty bite has helped get me in the Thanksgiving frame of mind. My favorite rolls, wrapped around some of the best fall flavors, drizzled with caramel?
Yes. Yes, please.
I could probably eat the entire ring by myself, but no one likes a sugar coma.
Apple Pecan Pie Breakfast Ring
In need of a quick holiday breakfast? This easy crescent-based ring stuffed with apples and pecan pie filling is sure to get you excited for the deliciousness to come!
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cup apples, diced
- 2 cans Pillsbury Original Crescent Rolls
- Caramel sauce, for garnish
- Melt butter in a saucepan set over medium-low heat.
- Add sugars and stir until combined and dissolved, then add in egg, cornstarch, vanilla, and cinnamon. Add pecans and diced apples; toss to coat.
- Allow ingredients to come to a boil, stirring to avoid sticking. Boil for 1-2 minutes, then remove from heat. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pop and unroll cans of Crescents, arranging the bases of the triangles of dough in a 4-inch circle on a baking sheet or pizza pan. Overlapping will happen, and that's OK!
- Spoon filling on the wide ring, leaving ½-inch of space between the filling and inside of the ring.
- Fold each triangle point over the filling and tuck under dough to form a ring (the filling might be visible.)
- Brush with egg wash (1 egg + 1 Tablespoon water, whisked together), if desired, then bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 3-5 minutes, then drizzle with caramel, move to serving platter, and enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 949kcal Calories from fat 389|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 43g||66%|
|Saturated Fat 14g||70%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||24%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|