A beautiful breakfast treat for your sweetheart! Fresh strawberries and bananas rolled up in thin, delicious filled Nutella crepes, topped off with homemade strawberry whipped cream!
I’ve been looking for a reason to share these Strawberry Banana Hazelnut Cream Crepes with you guys.
Not that they require some special occasion to grace your breakfast table, but there’s no more perfect day to make them for someone you love than on Valentine’s Day!
Whiiiiiiich happens to be today.
Welp. I’ve fallen slightly behind here, but if you’re an early riser and are reading this, you can still throw them together before the house wakes up!
This page includes step by step instructions, as well as tips and notes. If you’d like to skip all that, feel free to scroll down to the full, printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
My obsession with strawberries has only grown since our big Sunday Supper Live! Tampa excursion.
Before immersing myself in berry wisdom for 48 hours, I just loved them. I’d whine when they were small, or sour, or couldn’t find my favorite brand.
Now that I’m a self-proclaimed strawberry expert, you can find me shooting off at the mouth about calorie counts, hybridization, recipe potential, and all kinds of other facts my unwilling victims usually give me the side-eye about.
Apparently, no one likes a know it all.
I can’t help myself. It’s so much fun to spread knowledge when you’ve experienced such a seemingly common way of life firsthand!
Prior to our trip, I’d never been to a farm, much less a strawberry farm, to see all the work, love, and dedication that goes into every single heart-shaped fruit.
I didn’t know I could eat a pint of them and fulfill my daily requirement of Vitamin C (and then some.)
I had no idea those pretty little white flowers are what become the actual berries, and when they’re picked, they’re only handled once – the moment they’re plucked from the gorgeous plants they called home.
I honestly couldn’t fathom just how many acres of them grow in Plant City, Florida. If you see Fresh From Florida Strawberries on the clamshell at the store, you know they came from that tiny strawberry family town!
(Curious to see what I saw? Follow me on Instagram and scroll back a bit!)
Let’s just say I look at my winter stars a lot differently than I used to. And the gorgeous ones are finally rolling out to stores now that they’ve had some cold weather to plump them up, so I’ve been eating my weight in them!
For example, in my absolute favoritest crepes of all time – these babehs!
Absolute breakfast perfection. Delicate crepes, simple and stuffed full of gooey chocolate-hazelnut spread, fresh banana slices, and shiny strawberries. (These would be a delicious way to impress your friends at a Build Your Own Crepe brunch!)
And then I went and made strawberry whipped cream just for a little more fun.
I may have gone a tad overboard on how much I used on my own plate.
Trying to get in that daily requirement of fruit, you know. Sacrifices have to be made.
LOOKING FOR MORE STRAWBERRY RECIPES?
- Strawberry Pina Colada Smoothie
- Pineapple Coconut Oatmeal with Strawberry Chia Jam
- Fresh Strawberry Mint Lemonade
- Homemade Strawberry Peach Ice Cream
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
More sweet breakfast recipes to try!
If you love this recipe, please consider leaving a 5 STAR RATING! If you really love it, leave us a comment and let us know – we appreciate all forms of feedback!
Join in on the fun in our Facebook group! Feel free to share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, help out your fellow home cooks, and see what’s new with The Crumby Kitchen (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #crumbykitchen so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also enjoy exclusive content before anyone else by subscribing to our weekly newsletter – and you’ll never miss a delicious recipe again!
Strawberry Banana Hazelnut Cream Crepes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
Strawberry Banana Sauce
- 2 cups strawberries washed, hulled, & sliced
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 cup fresh banana sliced
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 ounces hazelnut spread
Strawberry Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons pureed strawberries
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Beat until well combined. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using.
- Heat a 10-12″ frying pan over medium-high heat (adjust based on your stove top.) Brush skillet with butter or spray with cooking spray. Pour ¼ cup of batter onto the griddle, tilting the pan in a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 1 minute, or until the top begins to look dry. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side for about 30 seconds, until brown spots appear on the bottom. Remove to a plate and keep warm, repeating the process with the remaining batter, spraying with more cooking spray as needed.
Strawberry Banana Sauce
- Combine strawberries, sugar, and water in a saucepan set over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until sauce has thickened and slightly reduced. Set aside to cool. Add sliced bananas just before serving.
- Beat cream cheese and hazelnut spread together until smooth and creamy.
Strawberry Whipped Cream
- Whip heavy cream with a hand mixer until soft peaks form, then add sugar. Continue to whip to medium peaks before adding pureed strawberries. Mix in on low speed until combined.
- Spread Hazelnut Cream on each crepe, then fold in half, and then in quarters. Spoon Strawberry Banana Sauce on top of each crepe, then top with Strawberry Whipped Cream and garnish with a whole berry. Enjoy!