This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BringYourBestBowl #Target #CollectiveBias
Creamy oatmeal, cooked in coconut milk and maple syrup, and swirled with homemade strawberry chia jam, fresh pineapple, and even more coconut – so good, it could be dessert!
Oh, hot damn. This is my jam.
This is totally happening today.
And possibly all weekend.
Catchy millennial rap somewhat aside, this Pineapple Coconut Oatmeal with Strawberry Chia Jam makes me want to throw my hands up in the air and cheer for tasty, good-for-me morning noms.
(Ayer – Ay – Ayer – Ayer…)
Breakfast, for me, usually consists of coffee (always coffee) and a granola bar, or something equally quick. I’m constantly eating on the run, because my alarm clock is my worst best friend on work days.
One of these days, those days will be over. Meaning I might actually not hit the snooze button seven times before I get out of bed.
Until then, even on my days off, I have a full schedule quite often, and if I’m eating at home, it’s also usually rushed.
Sometimes I get so wrapped up in what I’m doing (which, more often than not, involves being in the kitchen anyway – just not to eat) that I put off eating until lunch, when I’m so beyond hungry I can’t see straight.
Soooo. On the rare mornings that I force myself to eat breakfast, and it’s not something involving bacon, round bread, or dripping with syrup, I like to fill up on oatmeal.
A big bowl of creamy, chewy bliss, topped with whatever fruity, nutty goodness I have lying around the kitchen.
In the case of this beautiful concoction, it’s made with lightly toasted Quaker® Oats and coconut almond milk (Mr. Crumby tries to avoid dairy when he can, so this deliciousness is a welcome new thang in the hizzy), swirled with homemade strawberry chia jam (but jar jam would work just as well in a pinch), and garnished with fresh pineapple and crunchy roasted coconut chips.
It’s a texture lover’s dream, I tells ya. And flavor to the max!
It’s almost enough to transport you through the chill of winter and straight to the beach with a frozen drink in your hand. In the meantime, at least it’ll keep you warm and cozy.
I have a not-so-secret secret to tell you.
Quaker® Oats is looking for a star – in a bowl!
The Bring Your Best Bowl contest invites you to create an oatmeal bowl that you believe is worth $250,000! Entering is simple – create an oatmeal recipe using two to five ingredients, go to the national sweepstakes site, type it all in, and cross your fingers!
Stumped for ideas? Stop by Target, and let their end cap displays of mix-ins and toppings inspire you! The top recipes will be created by Quaker® and sold in stores as limited edition flavors in Fall 2016. Check out the official rules, and get your entry in by March 12, 2016.
I’m entering this bowl! I mean, $250k? Worth a shot, right?
Pineapple Coconut Oatmeal with Strawberry Chia Jam
Creamy oatmeal, cooked in coconut milk and maple syrup, and swirled with homemade strawberry chia jam, fresh pineapple, and even more coconut - so good, it could be dessert!
Strawberry Chia Jam
- 12 ounces fresh strawberries, washed and chopped
- 2-3 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
Pineapple Coconut Oatmeal
- 1 cup Quaker® Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 1/2 cups coconut almond milk (or coconut milk)
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 Tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 2-3 Tablespoons strawberry chia jam (or your favorite jar jam)
- Fresh pineapple, chunked
- Roasted coconut chips
Strawberry Chia Jam
- Set a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Place chopped strawberries, honey, and lime juice in pot and stir to combine. Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Add chia seeds. Allow to simmer for about 15 minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Pineapple Coconut Oatmeal
- In a clean, heavy-bottomed pot set over medium heat, add Quaker® Old Fashioned Oats. Allow oats to toast for 2-3 minutes, stirring to prevent burning.
- When oats are fragrant and slightly browned, add coconut almond milk, maple syrup, and desiccated coconut. Stir to combine, and cook for 4-5 minutes until oatmeal thickens.
- Portion into bowls. Swirl in strawberry chia jam, and top with fresh pineapple and coconut chips. Enjoy!
This oatmeal is fairly thick. To make more like a porridge, add more milk while cooking.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 477kcal Calories from fat 75|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 8g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 12g||48%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Bring Your Best Bowl – what’s your favorite way to top your oatmeal?