This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
Learn how to build an epic Crepe Bar at home and be a brunch hero! Providing options for both sweet and savory crepes will have your guests raving about this unique meal idea!
This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BrunchWeek. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the #Brunchweek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Even though I’m in a bit of a food coma from yesterday’s Easter dinner, I’m so on board for Brunch Week!
Yes, friends, it’s back! This is one of my favorite weeks of the year, because brunch is obviously the best meal of the week.
Many of our regular meals look an awful lot like brunch around here since Abe loves to eat breakfast any time of the day.
He also likes to sleep in on his days off, so that makes it automatic brunch anyway.
JUST TAKE ME TO THE CREPE BAR ALREADY!
If you’d rather skip my (pretty darn helpful) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this deliciously easy crepe bar, just scroll right on down to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card!
What’s more fun than brunch? A DIY brunch bar!
Sure, you could go to a restaurant and sit around sipping mimosas while someone brings you a plate of food. Boring.
You should throw together (or just buy) a quick batch of crepes. Buy anything and everything you could ever imagine could go in a crepe. Invite your friends over, set them to it, and watch their faces light up when they see all the possibilities!
Scroll down to the recipe card for the best crepe recipe I know of, and a ton of flavor combo ideas!
But first, check out the prizes for this year’s Brunch week!
Welcome to #BrunchWeek 2019 hosted by Love and Confections and A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures! This is our 7th year of #BrunchWeek and we have 35 bloggers from around the country sharing over 140 of their best Brunch recipes. We have so many delicious recipes for you to enjoy throughout the week including cocktails, appetizers, casseroles, cinnamon rolls, breakfast pizzas, coffee cakes, plenty of desserts, and more! Our BrunchWeek Sponsors are helping us give away some great prizes. Thank you so much, Sponsors, for your generosity. We have an incredible giveaway below and we’d love if you would take a moment to read about it and what you can win!
PRIZE #1 DIXIE CRYSTALS
Dixie Crystals is giving one winner a Keurig K-Select Single-Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Maker.
Since 1917, Dixie Crystals® has been the South’s choice for high-quality sugar and sweeteners. For generations, Dixie Crystals has been at the heart of family traditions and celebrations. Our pure cane, non-GMO sugar products guarantee that treasured family recipes will turn out right every time. Bake with love and Dixie Crystals.
PRIZE #2 CABOT CREAMERY CO-OPERATIVE
Cabot is giving one winner a gift box of assorted Cabot cheeses.
The farm families that own Cabot Creamery Co-operative love what they do. And they’ve been doing it for a long time—every single day since 1919. Almost 100 years later, we’re proud of our thriving farms, strong communities, and happy, healthy cows that produce the rich, buttery milk that we use to make Cabot’s award-winning cheese and dairy products. We like to think those awards mean we’re doing something right. Of course, you’re a big part of this too. If you love eating our cheese as much as we love making it, then we’ll get to keep doing what we do for generations to come.
PRIZE#4 SWEETS & TREATS
PRIZE#6 COOKBOOK SET
What a bunch of fantastic prizes! Keep scrolling to enter!
What Are The Best Crepe Filling Ingredients?
- Fresh fruit is a no-brainer. Sliced bananas, fresh berries, kiwi, pineapple, and other tropical fruits, thinly sliced apples and peaches. Find what’s in season and roll with it!
- Nuts add a nice crunch. Try some toasted almonds or pecans, pistachios, coconut, choco chips
- Spreads and jams, because every crepe needs a little moisture. Nut butters (peanut, almonds, etc.) and hazelnut spread (my personal fave) are winners, as is cookie butter! Haul out the lemon and lime curd, a selection of jams and jellies, honey, custard, caramel sauce, and whipped cream.
- Soft cheeses bridge the gap between sweet and savory since they can be used in both! Mascarpone, whipped cream cheese, and goat cheese are nice and spreadable. A wheel of warm brie, sliced mozzarella or burrata, feta, and ricotta are great choices for savory crepes.
- Breakfasty foods fit the crepe vibe! Serve up some scrambled eggs, crumbled bacon or sausage, sauteed mushrooms, and caramelized onions for heartier crepes.
- This is brunch, so heavier meats are also an option! Thinly sliced steak and pulled pork or chicken are a great base for a hearty crepe. Complement the main ingredients with fresh spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, pesto, sour cream, Greek yogurt, and herbs like chives, basil, and rosemary.
How To Build A Crepe Bar
Building a crepe bar is the easiest part of the whole event – and the most fun!
You can be as lazy or as creative as you want with this. Each ingredient should get its own bowl or plate, or you can pair items that complement each other in a bigger container (like I did with my strawberries, kiwi, and bananas).
Make sure each bowl of spreads has a spoon or fork for easy smearing. If you’re worried about hygiene, provide cute little tongs for each fruit and nut bowl, as well.
Food safety warning: if you’re serving hot savory items, keep them warm on your stovetop and serve them up in batches. You can also invest in a set of permanent or disposable buffet chafing dishes to keep everything warm hands-free.
If you’re setting up your crepe bar for an event like a bridal or baby shower, grab some small chalkboards and fancy it up with cute nameplates for each item!
Stack your (homemade or store-bought) crepes on a plate, and let your guests go wild building their own brunch creations!
Crepe Filling Ideas
The flavor possibilities for crepes are endless, so it won’t surprise you if your guests need some inspiration! Provide them with some ideas like these – you can even get fancy and write them out on a big chalkboard.
Sweet crepes are my personal favorite, and there are so many flavor combos that work!
- Hazelnut spread, whipped cream, sliced strawberries & bananas, shredded coconut, slivered almonds
- Lemon or lime curd, blackberries, sliced kiwi, chopped tropical fruit, shredded coconut
- Caramel sauce, whipped cream cheese, chocolate chips
- Peanut butter, sliced strawberries & bananas, caramel sauce, chocolate chips
- Custard, chocolate sauce, chocolate chips, whipped cream
Some folks prefer savory crepes, so don’t leave them out!
- Sliced steak, caramelized onions, sauteed mushrooms, fresh spinach
- Chopped ham, brie, fresh raspberries
- Pulled chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, basil pesto, feta
- Ricotta, fresh spinach, crumbled bacon, sauteed mushrooms
- Greek yogurt, scrambled eggs, crumbled sausage, sliced mozzarella, chives
LOOKING FOR MORE CREPE RECIPES?
HELPFUL KITCHEN TOOLS FOR MAKING A KICKIN’ CREPE BAR:
Join in on the fun in our Facebook group! Feel free to share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, help out your fellow home cooks, and see what’s new with The Crumby Kitchen (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #crumbykitchen so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
How To Build A Crepe Bar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour sifted
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar optional - for sweet crepes
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter melted, plus more for the pan
- Sliced bananas
- Fresh berries
- Chopped pineapple papaya, mango, guava
- Sliced kiwi
- Hazelnut Spread
- Nut Butter peanut, almond, cashew, etc.
- Lemon curd
- Whipped cream cheese
- Whipped cream
- Toasted nuts almonds, pecans, pistachios
- Shredded coconut
- Chocolate chips or shaved chocolate
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Scrambled eggs
- Pulled chicken or pork
- Crumbled cooked sausage
- Crispy bacon
- Sauteed mushrooms
- Caramelized onions
- Roasted red peppers
- Sundried tomatoes
- Sour cream
- Fresh herbs chives, basil, rosemary
- Soft cheeses goat, mozzarella, brie
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and pulse for 10 seconds. Refrigerate batter for 1 hour to set, or up to 48 hours.
- Heat a small non-stick pan over medium heat. Add a bit of butter and melt, stirring to coat. Pour 1 ounce of batter into the center of the pan and tilt with a circular motion to coat the surface evenly. Cook for 30 seconds until crepe moves when you shimmy the pan, then flip and cook another 10-15 seconds. Remove to a plate and lay flat to cool.
- Repeat with the remaining batter. If you're working ahead, gently stack the crepes and place them in a gallon-sized plastic zipper bag. Refrigerate for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to two months. Thaw frozen crepes on a cooling rack before attempting to peel them apart for use.
- Place all filling ingredients in individual bowls or plates, providing a spoon or fork and a fancy nameplate for hard-to-identify items. Stack crepes on a plate, and let your guests go wild building their own brunch creations!
Take a look at what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers are creating today!
Blueberry Lemonade from Family Around The Table
Easy Smoothie Shooters from The Nifty Foodie
Fresh Squeeze Blackberry Lemonade from Cooking With Carlee
Guava Mimosas from Seduction in the Kitchen
Guava Moscow Mule from Love and Confections
Lightening Lavender Margarita from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Mango Mimosa from April Golightly
Rum Punch for Brunch! from Hardly A Goddess
Sparkling Lavender Lemonade from Snacks and Sips
Strawberry Lavender Smoothie from Eat Move Make
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
Baked Eggs with Mushroom and Asparagus from Caroline’s Cooking
Baked Hash Brown Egg Cups from Creative Southern Home
Breakfast Pizza from Kate’s Recipe Box
Cheesy Scrambled Egg Stuffed Popovers from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Fried Green Tomato BLT Benedicts from The Spiffy Cookie
Ham, Egg, & Spinach Breakfast Bites from Sweet Beginnings
Roasted Carrot and Beet Frittatas from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Bake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Sheet Pan Mexican Frittata from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
Soy-Brined Hard-Boiled Eggs from Shockingly Delicious
The Best Avocado Toast from Simply Healthyish Recipes
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains, and Pastries:
Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Stuffed Muffins from Big Bear’s Wife
Funfetti Cinnamon Rolls from Cookaholic Wife
How to Build A Crepe Bar from The Crumby Kitchen
Salted Caramel Peach Sweet Rolls from The Redhead Baker
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
Cheesy Baked Breakfast Tacos from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Chocolate Banana Cookies with Sprinkles from Who Needs A Cape?
Cinnamon Roll Cake from Books n’ Cooks
Espresso Banana Bread from PasstheSushi
Spring Blooms Cake from The Mandatory Mooch
Vegan Coffee Cinnamon Rolls from The Baking Fairy
PIN THIS CREPE BAR FOR LATER!
Disclaimer: Thank you to #BrunchWeek Sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Cabot Cheese, Joyjolt, Sweets & Treats, Torani, Sarcastic Cooking, Dessert for Two, Sweet Phi, and The Little Ferraro Kitchen for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #BrunchWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The #BrunchWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. Winners have 48 hours to respond once chosen, or they forfeit the prize and another winner(s) will be chosen. The #BrunchWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #Brunchweek posts or entry.