This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
Summer in a glass is possible with this Strawberry Mint Lemonade! Fresh pureed strawberries are muddled with mint, then mixed with freshly squeezed lemonade – you can even turn this into a refreshing poolside cocktail by adding your favorite liquor!
Is it still spring or is it summer now? I feel like my entire being is totally off-kilter after last weekend’s trip to Utah. It took days to get used to mountain time, and when I finally did I was back in Florida.
Then there was the crazy weather – the first day was in the 80s, and the rest of the weekend plunged into the 50s and 60s. It was nice to feel a little bit of cool weather again before our brutal Florida summer starts, but coming back to humid tropical weather was quite a reality check.
Luckily, there is no better place to enjoy a frosty glass of fresh strawberry lemonade than my home state!
This Strawberry Mint Lemonade is the most refreshing part of summer!
I was going to share this recipe last week, but travel and conference networking made it hard to sit still and concentrate! Then I had it on deck for Monday, but my flight home Sunday ended up getting cancelled, so again – everything shifted.
It’s taken me a hot minute to get back into the groove.
I DID share the recipe in my weekly newsletter on Sunday – just a perk of being a Crumby Kitchen subscriber! If you haven’t signed up yet – get on it! I’ve got an exclusive giveaway set for this weekend and I’d hate for you to miss it!
Since getting home, I’ve been focusing a lot on promotion for our new Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook for Two (which is a #1 New Release on Amazon thanks to you guys!), and have had to play catch up.
But hey, here we are and there’s Strawberry Mint Lemonade to be had!
I don’t know about you, but one of my absolute favorite parts of summer is fresh lemonade – bonus points for strawberry lemonade! Sitting around the pool with friends and family, savoring sweet-tart liquid sunshine…I can’t think of a better afternoon!
For added refreshment, I subbed regular sugar for a mint-infused simple syrup, taking this lemonade recipe to mojito status! Minus the liquor, of course, but if you’re looking for a cool summer cocktail, a splash of rum or tequila would be amazing in here!
If you’re more of a wine lover, replace the water with Prosecco or Moscato di Asti for a sparkling, fruity sangria.
This recipe makes enough lemonade for about 4 glasses – perfect for an afternoon with your sweetie! If you’ve got a baby shower, birthday party, or family BBQ on the horizon, you can easily double or triple it!
Tips for the perfect glass of Strawberry Mint Lemonade:
- • Easy-squeeze lemons. To help coax the juice from the lemons, pop them in the microwave for 15 seconds. You can also roughly roll them on a cutting board before cutting them in half to pre-release the juice.
- • Make-ahead pitchers. This strawberry lemonade can be made a day in advance! The extra chilling time gives the flavors even more time to meld, making it extra tasty.
- • Flavor substitutes. If you’re not a mint lover, use plain simple syrup. You can also make your simple syrup with fresh rosemary or thyme instead if you want to highlight your herb garden!
- • Limeade! If you’re fresh out of lemons, limes are just as delicious in this recipe! Simply swap out the lemon juice for lime juice – you may need to adjust the sugar used, as limes can be even more tart.
- • Lemonade loves fruit. No strawberries? Any berry will be just fine in this lemonade recipe – as will fresh peaches, cherries, or watermelon!
- • Serve it up. Lots of ice keeps this lemonade cool, and each glass looks so pretty garnished with fresh mint, sliced lemons and strawberries. Don’t forget the handled Mason jars & cute paper straws!
Still thirsty? Try these other tasty summer drinks!
Strawberry Mint Lemonade
Summer in a glass is possible with this Strawberry Mint Lemonade! Fresh pureed strawberries are muddled with mint, then mixed with freshly squeezed lemonade - you can even turn this into a refreshing poolside cocktail by adding your favorite liquor!
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3-4 cups water divided
- 1 cup mint leaves fresh
- 1 cup lemon juice divided (from about 5 lemons)
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries fresh
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Fresh strawberries for garnish
Combine the sugar, 1 cup of water, and mint leaves in a medium saucepan. Bring to a low boil, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is dissolved, then reduce the heat and simmer for 1 minute.
Remove from the heat and allow to steep for 30 minutes.
Pour the cooled simple syrup through a strainer into a mason jar or bottle. Discard the mint (or save for garnishing.)
In a blender, combine 1/4 cup of lemon juice with the fresh strawberries. Blend well, then pour the liquid into a pitcher though a strainer to remove the berry seeds (if desired - if you like texture, leave it all in!)
Add the remaining lemon juice and 2-3 cups of water to the pitcher and stir well. Add the minted simple syrup to taste (I used the whole batch!), stir, then chill.
Serve over ice, and garnish with lemon slices, sliced strawberries, and sprigs of mint.
PIN THIS MINTY STRAWBERRY LEMONADE RECIPE FOR LATER!