A perfectly minty version of the most rich and delicious French hot chocolate you will ever taste – and only 6 ingredients are needed to warm up your day!
I’m clearly in a peppermint & chocolate mood, so why not keep the ball rolling?
Next to coffee, which is now a necessity for me, hot chocolate is my favorite warm drink – and in my world, the richer the better.
When I stumbled upon a recipe for Parisian hot chocolate, I knew I had to make it…and since I have, I’m never going back to powdered cocoa mix. This stuff is insanely delicious, one of the chocolatiest drinks I’ve ever had, and to top it off, it’s kissed with peppermint and espresso and topped with mountains of whipped cream.
Mountains. Of. Whipped. Cream.
I’m so in love.
More warm drinks to enjoy this holiday season!
If you love this recipe, please consider leaving a 5 STAR RATING! If you really love it, leave us a comment and let us know – we appreciate all forms of feedback!
Join in on the fun in our Facebook group! Feel free to share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, help out your fellow home cooks, and see what’s new with The Crumby Kitchen (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #crumbykitchen so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also enjoy exclusive content before anyone else by subscribing to our weekly newsletter – and you’ll never miss a delicious recipe again!
Peppermint French Hot Chocolate
- 1 ½ cups whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon espresso powder
- 8 ounces quality dark chocolate 72% or higher, chopped
- 1-2 teaspoons peppermint extract to taste
- Whipped cream for topping
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, whisk together milk, cream, sugar, and espresso powder. Allow mixture to begin to bubble around the edges of the saucepan, but do not allow to boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in chocolate and peppermint extract with a rubber spatula until melted, then remove from heat. Mixture will be thick.
- Allow to cool slightly, then serve warm, topped with whipped cream and a mini candy cane, if seasonally appropriate!