Take advantage of cherry season & enjoy a Fresh Cherry Margarita or two! Fresh cherries turn your ordinary cocktail into something extra special for summer!
More booze! More summer cocktails!
Even more reasons to sit by the pool!
Which isn’t something I do a lot of, since I’m definitely a distant cousin of Casper. But drinks like this make me want to sit back, soak up the sun, and think about stuff.
JUST TAKE ME TO THE FRESH CHERRY MARGARITAS ALREADY!
If you’d rather skip my (pretty darn helpful) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this deliciously easy cherry margarita recipe, just scroll right on down to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card!
I would liken the past few months of my life to what some might call a roller coaster.
Well, let’s say they were at least the part of the roller coaster that does a bunch of crazy flips and barrel rolls, and leaves your stomach a few hundred yards back while you continue to hurtle forward.
My stomach still hasn’t found it’s way back to my body, yet.
I have always been a firm believer than everything happens for a reason. My college career came to an abrupt halt when my Nana passed away 12 years ago. I suddenly had way more bills to pay and a house to upkeep, so going full-time at work was a necessity. My college boyfriend and I broke up less than a year after that, which sent me into an emotional tailspin.
In the meantime, I had met the man who would become my husband…but I had no idea at the time.
Day in and day out, life was steady. Comfortable. Safe. I was blessed with a rent & mortgage-free home to live in, a supportive man by my side, and close friends to spend time with. I had a job that I knew wasn’t going anywhere – one that presented unlimited opportunity to advance.
And advance I did.
I spent 17 years with a company because it was steady, comfortable, and safe. In spite of the fact that it wasn’t what I wanted to be doing. For a long time after I quit college, I had no idea what I did want to do. I had never really narrowed down my career goals anyway, but in the meantime, I was content to stay where I was.
And then, I woke up one day and realized that being content wasn’t enough. I’m not sure when it happened, but the feeling started small, and continued to nag and gnaw at me, slowly turning into something a little like unhappiness.
Change has often been something I’ve tried to avoid. It has always scared me. My Nana passing away was something I dreaded from a very young age, because I understood death. I couldn’t imagine life without her, and when it finally did happen – I had no choice but to keep going. Getting married was a change I embraced – and having children will be another, if we’re able to get so lucky.
As far as work is concerned, my outlook was always, “why shake things up?”
And then…I did. I did that crazy thing that us millennials or xennials or whatever label we’re given do: I left a job that made me unhappy to do something that does the opposite. To flex my creativity and my independence, much to the chagrin of just about everyone I know.
It’s only been a few months, and I still have a hard time answering people when they ask me what I do for a living now. Freelancer? Photographer? Publisher?
I’m finally doing the things I’ve been wanting to do for years. The things I didn’t know I wanted to be doing.
I guess if I had to label it, I’d file it under “happy.”
Fresh Cherry Margaritas
- 1 cup fresh cherries pitted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar or agave nectar
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ cup tequila blanco
- ¼ cup creme de cassis raspberry liqueur
- Sliced limes & fresh cherries for garnish
- Rimming salt
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle cherries, sugar, and lime juice to mostly a pulp.
- Add tequila, raspberry liqueur, and 1/4 cup ice. Shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Strain into 2 ice-filled glasses rimmed with salt, adding some of the muddled cherries to the glass as well.
- Garnish with a fresh cherry or two and a slice of lime.
Check out these DEEEEELISH Summer cocktails from some of my friends!
Classics with a Twist
- Blackberry Gin Mule by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Boozy Rootbeer Float 2 Ways by My Life Cookbook
- Frozen Banana Daiquiri by Restless Chipotle
- Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pimm’s Cup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Spiked Arnold Palmer Cocktails by Hardly A Goddess
- St. Germain Gin and Tonic Cocktail by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Make Mine a Mocktail
- Florida Cider Caipirinha by Gourmet Everyday
- Raspberry Lemon Blush by Our Good Life
- Screwmosa Cocktail by Food Lust People Love
- Skip and Go Naked by Positively Stacey
- Spiked Spa Water by Simple and Savory
Tasty and Tropical
- Blackberry Mojitos by The Chef Next Door
- Fresh Cherry Margaritas by The Crumby Cupcake
- Frozen Peach Margaritas by Pies and Plots
- Perfect Pina Colada by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Pineapple Margaritas by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Prickly Pear Margarita by Palatable Pastime
- Strawberry Sunset Lemon Drop by Soulfully Made
- Boozy Watermelon Slushies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cantaloupe Wine Slushie by Family Around the Table
- Cava Sangria by Caroline’s Cooking
- Easy Red Wine Sangria with Spiced Peaches by Cricket’s Confections
- Pink Lemonade Sangria by Baking Sense
- Sparkling Chambord Sangria by Books n’ Cooks
- Watermelon Sangria by A Mind Full Mom