This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
Traditional mojitos all jazzed up with fresh berries and raspberry seltzer, these quick and easy Summer Berry Pitcher Mojitos are sure to cool down a hot afternoon!
I’ve been checking the calendar all day because I can’t seem to retain the fact that it’s July.
I mean…how? Where did June go? Wasn’t it just Memorial Day? I’m having these flashbacks to red, white and blue board shorts, heat stroke mixed with afternoon thunderstorms, and BOGO potato chips…except they’re happening right now at work.
Don’t mean to brag, but I have a three-day weekend, too – except it’s on duty instead of off. Hey, somebody has to make those hot dog buns everyone is buying up.
At least I get to come home every day and unwind with a nice glass of these Summer Berry Pitcher Mojitos. They almost make it seem like I’m spending the holiday at a lake house, surrounded by nothing but friends and good times.
Summer Berry Pitcher Mojitos
Mojitos, in their natural state, are not at all my favorite cocktail.
To be honest, I’ve never had one that I actually enjoyed even a little. The fact that these babies are making an appearance today is nothing short of a surprise even to me.
The only thing I like even less than a mojito? Martinis. Ugh. Vodka. Unless it’s splashed with pineapple or cranberry, you can keep it. And don’t even get me started on the flavored kinds. Mr. Crumby recently bought a bottle of Ciroc Green Apple, and I can’t even catch a whiff without gagging.
As it turns out, mojitos made yourself are pretty damn good. Not too much mint, lots of lime, and plenty of berry flavor.
I’ve had one other experience with mint-infused mojitos since starting this blog, and while it was non-traditional in every sense of the word, those granitas ended up being one of my favorite summer recipes.
There’s just something about adding berries, though, that makes this drink not only crisp and delicious, but super festive as well!
So…what on earth would you need pitcher mojitos for?
Is that really even a question?
Is there a summer party you forgot to plan a dish for? A last-minute get-together in need of a BYOB solution? Are you looking for a virgin drink for the kiddos to enjoy while you sip on the real thing (this is tasty even without the rum!)?
Did you simply have a rough day at work and don’t feel like getting off your lounge chair to refresh your cocktail?
Whatever the event, these berry pitcher mojitos don’t disappoint!
I spent a day off last week at my best friend’s house, and all we did was sit around the pool eating fruit, drinking these mojitos, and catch up on how life’s been for us in the last few months. The drinks paired well with the melon platter we devoured, and they went down nicely in the Florida afternoon heat.
The mint plus the secret ingredient – raspberry seltzer – took these from refreshing to downright desert thirst quenching.
The recipe is quick and easy, and makes a pitcher that can fill 4-5 standard glasses, but can be easily doubled or tripled in the event a party punch dispenser is required.
And with the way your fellow party goers will be refilling their cups, you’re gonna need the biggest pitcher you can find!
Happy Independence Day, America!
Summer Berry Pitcher Mojitos
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup simple syrup
- 2 limes wedged
- 1/2 cup mint leaves packed, plus extra for garnish
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup blackberries
- 1/3 cup raspberries
- 1 - 1 1/4 cups white rum to taste
- Raspberry seltzer water
- Crushed ice
- Berries for garnish
- Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Allow to cool to room temperature before using.
- When simple syrup is cooled, add ½ cup of it to a large pitcher with lime wedges and mint. Muddle them in the bottom of the pitcher with a muddler or the back of a wooden spoon, releasing the oils and flavors.
- Add the berries and gently muddle them the same way. Add rum and stir. Fill pitcher to brim with raspberry seltzer water.
- Fill glasses ½ of the way full with crushed ice. Pour mojitos in glasses and garnish with a mint leaf and berries. Serve and enjoy!
- Honey Berry Blue Cheese Ball by Magnolia Days
- How to make Chicken Yakitori in Skewers by Asian In America
America the Beautiful Beverages
- Apple Pie Milkshake by Love and Confections
- Summer Berry Pitcher Mojitos by The Crumby Cupcake
Raise the Flag Breakfasts
- Breakfast Cake Stars with Strawberry Syrup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Red, White, and Blue Berrylicious Smoothie Bowl by The Hungry Goddess
For the Red, White and Blue Salads and Main Dishes
- Bang Bang Pork Chops by Wholistic Woman
- Blueberry and Watermelon Arugula Salad by A Mind Full Mom
- Blueberry Barbecue Sauce for Red, White and Blue Chicken Skewers by Caroline’s Cooking
- Firecracker Hot Dogs by Sunday Supper Movement
- Founder’s Mac and Cheese by Cooking Chat
- Pumped Up Potato Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Red Hot Chicken and Blue Cheese Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red White & Blue Caprese Salad by Go Epicurista
- Red White and Blue Fruit Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Red, White, and Blue Salad by Simple and Savory
- Watermelon Salad with Feta & Blueberries by Monica’s Table
- Yankee Doodle Noodle Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Oh Say Can You See Desserts
- All-American Patriotic Dessert Tarts by Family Around The Table
- Berry Cheesecake Flag Dessert by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Easy (No Bake!) Two Bite Berry Pies by Cooking With Carlee
- Firecracker Muddy Buddies by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Flag Fruit Pizza by Dash of Evans
- Homemade Snow Cones by Palatable Pastime
- Patriotic M&M Cookie Bars by Alida’s Kitchen
- Patriotic Smoothie Pops by Crazed Mom
- Red, White, and Blue Berry Pound Cake Bites by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Red, White and Blue Fruit Kabob Flag by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Red, White, and Blue Fruit Tart by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White and Blue Granita by Dessert Geek
- Red, White, and Blue M&M Cookies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Red White and Blue Parfaits by Desserts Required
- Red, White and Blue Popsicles by Our Good Life
- Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispie Treats by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Red, White and Blue Shooting Stars by The Freshman Cook
- Red White and Blue Strawberries with Chantilly Cream by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Rice Krispies Treat Birthday Cake by Pies and Plots
- Rosemary Cookies with Tomato Jam by The Finer Cookie
PIN THESE FRUITY PITCHER MOJITOS FOR LATER!