This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
Treat your family to an easy seasonal treat – a big Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie! Adding pumpkin and spices to classic cookie dough bakes up a soft, chewy cookie that you’re gonna need a plate for!
Guyssssssss. It’s here!!! No one can give me grief anymore, because the time has come and I can just let it all out.
Pumpkin Season has arrived!!
I like to imagine that it happens overnight, but never at the same time of the month (though it usually coincides with the arrival of PSLs and cinnamon-scented pinecones.) A little roly-poly fairy, a la Tinkerbell, dressed all in orange flies around the world with her leaf-tipped wand, sprinkling her fairydust all over the land – except instead of fairydust, she’s spreading pumpkin pie spice through the sky.
It falls on the sweet sleeping faces of the unsuspecting, and when they open their eyes the next morning, they either crave pumpkin-flavored everything or they wrinkle their noses and sneeze, ridding their bodies of pumpkin desire.
It’s those folks, my friends, that become the Anti-Pumpkin Brigade.
You know who you are.
Now, I feel like I should assure you (especially if you’re a hater) that not every post from here to November (December? March?) will be pumpkin-related. A few here and there maybe, and then of course the annual Pumpkin Week next month, but I have all sorts of fun yummies in store that have nothing to do with gourds!
But, for today, can you just bear with me and drool over this uh-maze-ing skillet creation?
This week around the Sunday Supper table, with school starting again all over the country, we’re embracing our love of quick dinners and sharing our faaaaavorite easy skillet meals!!!!
Yes, I know. A cookie does not make a meal (this is arguable.) HOWEVER.
What kid (or adult, for that matter) wouldn’t want to be served a big, fat slice of soft, gooey pumpkin chocolate chip skillet cookie with a melty spoonful of ice cream on top after a tasty dinner?
In a perfect world, this and a hot cup of caramel-flavored coffee would be my ideal breakfast > lunch > dinner > midnight snack.
The best part about this skillet cookie? You could be eating it in about 30 minutes. Near-instant gratification for people like moi who have zero-to-little patience when the sweet tooth attacks!
Plusssss: it’s a one bowl mix. Total heart-eyes over here.
I can hear some of you discerning pumpkin fans already.
Um, Erica? Didn’t you make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies last year?
Guilty. Good eye – this recipe is verrrrry similar, minus the pecans and a bit of flour. But why mess with perfection? It’s a tried and true winner already, and super duper easy. Besides, it bakes up like a cake, it’s stuffed full of chocolate, and it’s up to you whether or not you attack it with a fork.
So there. It’s different. Just don’t forget the ice cream.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
Treat your family to an easy seasonal treat - a big Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie! Adding pumpkin and spices to classic cookie dough bakes up a soft, chewy cookie that you're gonna need a plate for!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg + 1 yolk, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips & chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer or wooden spoon to mix melted butter sugars until combined. Add in pumpkin puree, vanilla, and eggs and mix until incorporated
- Blend in all dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Fold chocolate chips and chunks in gently with a spoon or spatula.
- Transfer dough into 9-inch cast iron skillet, spreading it to fill the space evenly. Sprinkle additional chips on top for looks.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the edges are puffy and the middle of the cookie is just baked. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes, then slice, serve, and enjoy with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 421kcal Calories from fat 171|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 19g||29%|
|Saturated Fat 12g||60%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Favorite Skillet Breakfasts
- Sweet Potato, Bacon, and Egg Skillet by Positively Stacey
Favorite Skillet Sides
- Crispy Roasted Sweet Potatoes by Home Sweet Homestead
Favorite Skillet Entrees
- Alex’s Favorite Skillet Meal by The Freshman Cook
- Apple, Squash and Chicken Skillet by The Redhead Baker
- Black Bean and Rice Skillet by Wholistic Woman
- Chakchouka (Tunisian Eggs in Tomato Sauce) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chili Joes by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- How to cook ChopSuey Vegetable Stir Fry with Beef by Asian In America
- Clean Eating Hamburger Helper Skillet by A Mind Full Mom
- Creamy Paprika Chicken & Peppers by My Life Cookbook
- Easy Pink Pasta Skillet by Family Foodie
- Easy Skillet Lasagna by New South Charm
- Greek Turkey Spinach Skillet by Cooking Chat
- Hatch Chile Shakshuka by Helpful Homemade
- Healthy Vegetable Skillet Dinner by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Huevos Rancheros by The Hungry Goddess
- Japanese Korean Tofu Sliders by The Ninja Baker
- Healthy Kielbasa, Brussels Sprouts, Potato & Pear Skillet by Food Done Light
- Kung Pao Chicken by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Lemon Fettuccine Alfredo with Chicken and Vegetables by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Loaded Skillet White Pesto Pizza by Crazed Mom
- One Pan Taco Rice Skillet by The Chef Next Door
- One Pot Beef Stroganoff by My World Simplified
- Pork and Sweet Potato Hash by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Pork with Gingered Pluots by Palatable Pastime
- Salsa Chicken Skillet by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Sautéed Gnocchi with Pomodo Crudo by What Smells So Good?
- Smothered Potatoes and Sausage by Sunday Supper Movement
- Spanish Rice and Beef Skillet Dinner by Meal Planning Magic
- Spicy Sausage Pasta Skillet by Caroline’s Cooking
- Summer Squash Frittata by Pies and Plots
- Tamale Pie by Monica’s Table
- Unstuffed Cabbage Roll Skillet by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Veggie-Packed Sloppy Joes by Powered By BLING
- Yellow Rice Skillet by Cricket’s Confections
Favorite Skillet Desserts
- Fudgy Skillet Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie by The Crumby Cupcake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.