These Mint Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies are the easiest cookies you’ll ever make! A box of your favorite cake mix and only a handful of ingredients are all you need to whip up these soft, fudgy, mint-loaded goodies. Be sure to work these into your holiday baking this season!
So who else is priming their Christmas cookie baking list this week?
I don’t buy gifts for very many people in my life. Not because I’m cheap, but because gifting sweets is so much more…me.
Every year, I come up with a new cookie combo, box or platter them up, and go on a Santa-style delivery spree.
There are more time-consuming classics that are always included (Nana’s Pierniki, Nut Balls, and Chocolate Chip), but I love coming up with shortcut cookies to fill in the flavor gaps with, too.
Guess what? These Mint Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies are the easiest ever! (To the point they might make an appearance every year.)
This page includes step by step instructions, as well as tips and notes. If you’d like to skip all that, feel free to scroll down to the full, printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
If you’ve never had a cake mix cookie, now is the time to try them out. I’ve used cake mix in all kinds of recipes (one of my favorites is this 3 ingredient mug cake), but this one has to be at the top of the list!
Drop cookies are generally one of the easiest desserts to make, but using a box of cake mix as the base cuts out so much of the legwork!
- You don’t have to worry about fat to dry ratios.
- Every batch will be as fudgy or cakey as you want (depending on your baking time).
- The flavors are spot on each time.
- And you can NOT beat the versatility!
Depending on the cake mix you choose, extracts, and mix-ins, the flavor combos are practically endless.
I used Andes mints plus a bit of peppermint extract to really mint them up. You could easily sub out crushed candy canes or mints, mint chips, or those candy cane-flavored kisses and they’d be equally yummy. Don’t be afraid to get creative!
Ingredients for cake mix cookies
- Chocolate cake mix – any kind of chocolate cake mix will do, I’m partial to devil’s food!
- Unsalted butter – melted, to mimic the oil in cake mix.
- Large eggs
- Peppermint extract – you can also just use vanilla extract here for a slightly less minty cookie.
- Chocolate chips – you can’t very well make chocolate chip cookies without chocolate chips!
- Crème de menthe thins – think Andes!
How To Make Cake Mix Cookies:
- First preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line a couple of baking sheet with silicone liners. Parchment paper works equally well at keeping the cookies from sticking.
- Next, combine the cake mix, melted butter, peppermint extract, and eggs in a large bowl. Mix it up until it’s just combined (still a bit dry and floury.)
- Add the chocolate chips and chopped Andes mints, folding them in until the batter is combined and looks moist.
- Now scoop some of the batter with a cookie scoop. You can either drop the dough onto the lined baking sheet or roll it into a ball with your hands. Feel free to add more chips and chopped candies on top for looks. Place each dough ball at least 2 inches apart on the baking sheets.
- Finally, bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes until they are puffy and still look slightly wet on top. (If you prefer cakey cookies, you can add an extra minute on.)
- Cool the cookies on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a cooling rack.
Can Cake Mix Cookies Be Frozen?
LOOKING FOR MORE CHOCOLATE COOKIE RECIPES?
HELPFUL KITCHEN TOOLS FOR MAKING CAKE MIX COOKIES:
If you love this recipe, please consider leaving a 5 STAR RATING! If you really love it, leave us a comment and let us know – we appreciate all forms of feedback!
Join in on the fun in our Facebook group! Feel free to share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, help out your fellow home cooks, and see what’s new with The Crumby Kitchen (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #crumbykitchen so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also enjoy exclusive content before anyone else by subscribing to our weekly newsletter – and you’ll never miss a delicious recipe again!
Mint Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 (15.25 oz) box Devil’s Food cake mix
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 package crème de menthe thins chopped (28 mints)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats; set aside.
- Combine the cake mix, melted butter, eggs, and peppermint extract in a medium size bowl. Mix until just combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and chopped mints to the batter. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Using a small cookie scoop, portion the dough into generous balls and place them 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets
- Bake in preheated oven for 9-11 minutes, until puffy. Remove from the oven and let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Kasey Schwartz says
MInt and chocolate are two of my FAVORITE things! I have to try these! AND they’re made with a box mix??!! YUMMY!