Chewy, dreamy, sprinkly chocolate cookies + creamy, smooth cheesecake filling = Chocolate Cheesecake Cookies, a.k.a. your new favorite way to eat cheesecake.
Fair warning: these bad boys are messssyyyyyyyy. With a capital M.
Like, I had a hard time photographing them because I had to lick the chocolate sprinkle goo off my fingers every time I set up a new shot.
Messiness aside, they are totally worth it! Chocolate cheesecake heaven!
Every cookie that you see this week has gone with me to work, because I just cannot even keep dozens of them in my house.
I’m so in cookie-devouring mode right now (pseudo-diet + Christmas season is like pure torture) and it’s so unfair because all I want to do is sit next to our almost-decorated tree, blast Bing Crosby, drink eggnog and eat my weight in sugar and sprinkles in my Olaf onesie.
(gold star for anyone who got that.)
Of course, the folks at work are among my best taste-testers. I have a crew of 11, and The Hubs has 6 or 7 ready-and-willing participants to lend their non-biased opinions about what comes out of our Crumby Kitchen.
They loved my cookie cups and my triple chocolates – but these were a HOME RUN. The cookies themselves are soft and chewy – and the recipe may look familiar since it’s the exact same dough I used in those German Chocolate Cookie Cups. Talk about a win – knocking out two totally different cookies in one baking sesh. Efficient!
I covered them in the best little chocolate vermicelli sprinkles (<— affiliate link!) known to man, which was both a blessing and curse for flavor and mess quotient, respectfully.
And the cheesecake! I’m a cheesecake fan, but not necessarily of the chocolate variety. But these?? Cut me off a slice. It’s a perfect balance.
And now I’ve just had a brainchild about a cheesecake crust…brb.
If you love this recipe, please consider leaving a 5 STAR RATING! If you really love it, leave us a comment and let us know – we appreciate all forms of feedback!
Join in on the fun in our Facebook group! Feel free to share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, help out your fellow home cooks, and see what’s new with The Crumby Kitchen (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #crumbykitchen so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also enjoy exclusive content before anyone else by subscribing to our weekly newsletter – and you’ll never miss a delicious recipe again!
Chocolate Cheesecake Cookies
- ¾ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- chocolate vermicelli sprinkles
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a stand mixer or with a hand mixer, cream butter and sugars together until pale and fluffy, 3-4 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla, beating until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until combined and smooth. Dough will be thick. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Roll heaping tablespoons of dough into a ball, then roll in vermicelli sprinkles. Place 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets, then flatten slightly with your palm. Refrigerate 10-15 additional minutes.
- While cookies chill, preheat oven to 300 degrees F and prepare cheesecake filling. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and beat until smooth. Spoon into a piping bag and refrigerate while cookies bake.
- Remove cookies from fridge and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and gently press centers of cookies with the back of a tablespoon. Pipe cheesecake filling into centers, then return to oven for 10-12 additional minutes, or until filling is set.
- Cool on baking pans for 10 minutes, then remove to cooling rack. Enjoy!
DAY ONE | German Chocolate Cookie Cups
DAY TWO | Bakery Style Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies
DAY THREE | Salted Caramel Coconut Biscotti
DAY FOUR | Chocolate Cheesecake Cookies
DAY FIVE | Nana’s Anise Pierniki (Polish Christmas Cookies)