A cake straight out of heaven! Moist, fudgy brownie, layered with smooth & creamy dulce de leche ice cream, and topped with caramel mocha whipped cream!
Tell me that this baby doesn’t look like it fell straight outta heaven.
It’s so bright and ethereal and easy on the eyes.
Almost too pretty to eat.
You’d be a fool not to dig into a slice of this Dulce de Leche Brownie Ice Cream Cake! And I think after reading this post, and seeing the rest of the heavenly photos, you’re gonna be itchin’ to get in the kitchen and whip up one of these babies.
I promise, it’s easier than you might think!
I knew I had to make something for my blogiversary week with the yummy dulce de leche ice cream I shared with you last week, and after going back and forth on a few ideas, I finally settled on my gut instinct: cake.
Is there a better party dessert? Ummmmm…..nope.
Especially not when it’s made with caramel, chocolate, and my favorite coffee ever, Death Wish! You might remember a certain poke cake I made a few months ago featuring their world’s strongest brew, and I was beyond happy to team up with them to bring you today’s giveaway!
Aside from the ones I’ve made at work, I’ve never made an ice cream cake! Guess this is another check off the old culinary bucket list!
Speaking of which, I’ve actually started one for myself! Instead of randomly mentioning stuff I want to accomplish in the kitchen in passing, I’ve started writing it all down; you’ll be seeing it very soon, so you can help keep me accountable!
Today, however, I’d like to share with you twelve check boxes I’m going to work on marking off first! (I
slashed through a few that I’ve already made once, and am already planning to bring to the blog.)
As always, opinions and objections are totally welcome ad encouraged. Challenge me!
 Homemade vanilla extract.  Fresh ceviche.  Homemade candy/caramels/truffles.
 Croissants.  Infused olive oil.  Scones.  Pudding from scratch.  Sourdough starter/bread.  Crepe Cake.  PERFECT caramel sauce. (I’ve gotten close, but never “perfect”…)  Popsicles  Homemade ricotta cheese.
Homemade ice cream cake…check!
- 1 box dry brownie mix (I used Ghirardelli)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup hot brewed [url href=”http://www.deathwishcoffee.com/collections/death-wish-coffee/products/1-pound-bag” target=”_blank”]Death Wish Coffee[/url]
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups [url href=”http://thecrumbykitchen.com/dulce-de-leche-ice-cream/” target=”_blank”]Dulce de Leche Ice Cream[/url]
- [url href=”http://amzn.to/1HdtJrq” target=”_blank”]Torani Caramel Sauce[/url]
- Caramel Mocha Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon [url href=”http://amzn.to/1TjZA21″ target=”_blank”]Torani caramel syrup[/url]
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees F. Line 2 [url href=”http://amzn.to/1S7FaqF” target=”_blank”]6-inch[/url] (or 3 [url href=”http://amzn.to/1JT8oaS” target=”_blank”]4-inch[/url] and a loaf pan, like I used) springform or cake pans with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine brownie mix, eggs, coconut oil, coffee, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Mix on medium speed until combined – expect a few small lumps.
- Portion batter into prepared cake pans and bake for 20-35 minutes, depending on pan size. When a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, it’s done.
- Allow to cool mostly in pans, then remove to cooling rack to cool completely before continuing.
- When ready to assemble, take ice cream out of the freezer about 10 minutes before beginning work, and allow it to soften a bit.
- Return brownie to (freshly-lined with parchment) pan, then top with an even layer ice cream, to help mold the shape of the cake. Fill it with as much ice cream as you like – I usually fill mine to the top.
- Cover with plastic wrap and return to freezer to freeze completely, 6-8 hours.
- Place all ingredients in the chilled bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Whisk for 1-2 minutes on low to incorporate, then increase speed to medium-high until firm peaks form, another 6-8 minutes. Be sure not to overwhip, unless you are looking to make caramel mocha butter!
- When ready to decorate, be ready to move quickly; take cake base out of freezer and carefully remove it from the pan, placing it on a cake plate. Firmly press the second brownie on top, and ice with Caramel Mocha Whipped Cream. Drizzle caramel sauce along the top edge, allowing it to drip down the sides. Garnish with any extra brownie pieces.
What was your most memorable birthday cake?
On to the Giveaway!
Today’s Blogiversary giveaway is sponsored by the Death Wish Coffee Company!
GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED! SORRY!
IN THE SPIRIT OF FULL DISCLOSURE, THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING THAT I MAY RECEIVE COMMISSIONS IF YOU DECIDE TO PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM COMPANIES I AFFILIATE WITH. I ONLY EVER RECOMMEND PRODUCTS & SYSTEMS THAT I USE AND LOVE MYSELF, AND MY AFFILIATE COMPANIES DO NOT MONETARILY INFLUENCE ANYTHING I POST ABOUT.