This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
So much caramel! This Double Caramel Apple Bundt Cake isn’t just boasting – moist caramel cake, loaded with apples and a little spice, then doused in even more caramel sauce for a deliciously sweet dessert experience!
First of all, no…I’m not ashamed that this is the second fall/apple/cake recipe I’ve shared in…less than a week.
I’m mentally prepping myself for the best time of the year, and if that means dumping the contents of my spice cabinet into everything that comes out of my kitchen for the next few months, I’ll do what I gotta do.
Secondly, why are you not chopping up apples and burning some sugar to make this cake already?
The month is half over, and it’s been flying by non-stop for me.
You know how they say that time goes faster and faster the older you get? That’s no joke. I went from planning my schedule for my staycation to waking up at 4am to go to work yesterday in the blink of an eye.
I can’t cope. Reflecting on thoughts like that take me back to being a kid again. Summers felt endless – long days of bike rides around the neighborhood, running through the sprinklers, and playing with my friends until the sun was long down.
Now my idea of a long summer day is rising super early and passing out by 10pm, with all sorts of menial tasks in between. And unlike in childhood, looking forward to falling asleep more than anything else all day.
Sleep is pretty glorious now, isn’t it? I regret all the naps I didn’t take.
As of this moment, I wish I had time to take a nap!
I’ve been busy drilling down on top-secret blog projects, making more delicious recipes to share with you, and getting ready for the big Sunday Supper/Florida Beef event in Gainesville this weekend…leaving myself very little time for my precious ZZZS that I adore so much.
Maybe on my next vacation, I should just pull a Sleeping Beauty. I’d definitely be able to conquer that sleep deficit I’ve been facing.
Especially after a big slice of this super moist, crumbly, yum-yum-getcha-some Double Caramel Apple Bundt. If you’re a caramel person, you’ll flip for this beauty! Caramel cake with a touch of cinnamon, brown butter glaze added while it’s warm for that extra tenderness, apple chunks and a bath of even more caramel sauce before serving.
I love this bundt pan – it’s like little rivers of caramel. Major heart eyes.
(Side note: Thanks to Wendy for hosting this month’s #BundtBakers event!)
Double Caramel Apple Bundt Cake #BundtBakers
So much caramel! This Double Caramel Apple Bundt Cake isn't just boasting - moist caramel cake, loaded with apples and a little spice, then doused in even more caramel sauce for a deliciously sweet dessert experience!
Caramel Apple Cake
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 medium-sized apples, chopped
Brown Butter Glaze
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Caramel Sauce (store bought is also fine)
Caramel Apple Cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour (or spray) a 10-inch Bundt cake pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking soda.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or with a hand mixer,) Cream butter and sugars on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until fully combined. In alternate batches, add dry ingredients and buttermilk, mixing until just combined. Fold in apples with a rubber spatula, scraping sides and bottom of mixing bowl. Transfer batter into prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and place pan on cooling rack.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke holes in the cake while it's still warm. Carefully pour the brown butter glaze over cake, making sure it gets in all of the holes. Let cake cool completely before removing from pan.
Brown Butter Glaze:
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the butter, sugars, and vanilla. Cook until fully melted and allow to brown, being careful not to let the mixture boil.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar and water. Stirring constantly with a rubber spatula, heat until clumps form and then melt into thick, amber-colored liquid, being careful not to burn it.
- Carefully stir in the butter until it's melted, 2-3 minutes. Then very slowly drizzle in the heavy cream while stirring. The mixture will bubble and possibly splatter, so be careful. Allow it to boil for 1 minute, then remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Allow to cool, and reheat as necessary.
- When cake is inverted and placed on its serving plate, drizzle as much or as little caramel sauce as you'd like. Enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 714kcal Calories from fat 308|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 34g||52%|
|Saturated Fat 21g||105%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
FOR THIS RECIPE, I RECOMMEND…
- Apple & Nuts Bundt Cake with Salted Caramel Sauce by kidsandchic
- Apple & Peanut Butter Bundt Cake by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Apple Almond Coffee Cake with Honey Glaze by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Apple and Toasted Pecan Bundt Cake with Rum Syrup by Patty’s Cake
- Apple Blossom Bundt by Living the Gourmet
- Apple Crumble Bundt by Jane’s Adventure in Dinner
- Apple French Cruller Bundt Cake by All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Apple Sharlotka Bundt Cake by Spiceroots
- Apple Streusel Bundt Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Apple-Cream Cheese Bundt Cake by The Queen of Scones
- Candy Apple by I Sugar Coat It!
- Chocolate Chip Apple Cake by Making Miracles
- Cinnamon Apple Streusel Cake by Tea and Scones
- Cinnamon Pecan Applesauce Bundt Cake by Magnolia Days
- Clotted Cream & Apple Spice Bundt by Baking in Pyjamas
- Double Caramel Apple Bundt by The Crumby Cupcake
- Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy Apple Bundt by Food Lust People Love
- Jewish Apple Cake by I love Bundt Cakes
- Jewish Praline Pecan Apple Cake by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Lighter Jewish Apple Cake by Cookaholic Wife
#BundtBakers is a group of Bundt loving bakers who get together once a month to bake Bundts with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on the BundtBakers home page.