Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Flatbread – hearty flatbread, fresh grilled chicken, toasted pecans, and a simple strawberry caprese make this recipe delicious & healthy – a favorite worth repeating in your meal plan!
I don’t know if you knew this, but I love strawberries.
But did you know that strawberries aren’t even a true berry?
Yeah, I know. I was kind of surprised, too.
Strawberries are considered a “false fruit,” or a pseudocarp. They’re actually a multiple fruit, consisting of many tiny individual fruits embedded in a pretty red host.
Whatever they are, they’re freaking delicious and were made for flatbread pizza.
This page includes step by step instructions, as well as tips and notes. If you’d like to skip all that, feel free to scroll down to the full, printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
Do you have a green thumb?
In the past couple years, I’ve really grown to love spring gardening, though my go-to plants are simple herbs, and a variety of tomatoes and peppers.
Having a home strawberry garden would be pretty wonderful, though. I hear they’re pretty simple to cultivate, and the idea of plucking fresh berries as a snack is so enticing.
Getting back to a healthier diet is one of the hardest things to do after the richness of holiday eating. Including strawberries can make the transition easier! A 1-cup serving of 8 strawberries has less than 50 calories, contains less than 3 teaspoons of sugar, and is equal your daily requirement of vitamin C.
Why you’ll love this chicken flatbread recipe
- Quick and easy, thanks to the pre-baked flatbread
- A great use of leftover chicken and strawberries
- Simple, healthy ingredients make for a feel-good weekday dinner
- The perfect flavor combo for sweet-and-savory lovers
- Naan bread – this is my preferred kind of flatbread for this, but lavash bread is a good low carb option.
- Cooked chicken – grilled, pan fried, Instant Pot-ted, whatever you’ve got!
- Fresh strawberries – choose bright red berries without bruises for the best flavor.
- Pecan halves – whole or chopped, it’s up to you!
- Shallots – I love the mild flavor of shallots in this recipe, but a sweet onion will also work.
- Burrata or Mozzarella cheese – opt for the fresh balls instead of the shredded kind, if possible.
- Balsamic vinegar – you can also use store-bought balsamic glaze.
- Fresh basil leaves
- Fresh arugula – or rocket, for you Brit folks. Spinach works here too.
- Sea salt
- Olive oil – or avocado or grapeseed oil.
How to make strawberry chicken flatbread
- Prep. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place your choice of flatbread on a baking sheet and brush each with olive oil.
- Make the balsamic glaze. Pour some balsamic in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Bring it to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the vinegar has reduced by ⅓ and coats the back of a spoon. Remove it from the heat and allow to continue to thicken into a glaze.
- Saute the shallots. Heat some oil in a skillet set over medium-low heat. Saute shallots for 4-5 minutes until they’re lightly browned, then sprinkle them with a pinch of sea salt. Remove skillet from heat, drizzle in some balsamic vinegar, and toss to deglaze the pan and soak the shallots.
- Assemble the flatbread. Arrange the Burrata/ or Mozzarella over the Naan, then top with chicken breast, caramelized shallots, pecans, strawberry halves, and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and drizzle on balsamic reduction, then top with arugula and basil leaves if desired.
More unique pizza and flatbread recipes to try tonight!
If you love this recipe, please consider leaving a 5 STAR RATING! If you really love it, leave us a comment and let us know – we appreciate all forms of feedback!
Join in on the fun in our Facebook group! Feel free to share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, help out your fellow home cooks, and see what’s new with The Crumby Kitchen (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #crumbykitchen so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also enjoy exclusive content before anyone else by subscribing to our weekly newsletter – and you’ll never miss a delicious recipe again!
Strawberry Balsamic Chicken Flatbread
- 2 Naan bread or lavash or other flatbread pizza crusts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar divided
- 2 shallots sliced or diced
- Sea salt to taste
- 5 ounces fresh Burrata or Mozzarella cheese sliced
- 1 cooked chicken breast cubed or sliced
- ¾ cup pecan halves
- 1 cup fresh strawberries washed and halved
- Arugula optional
- Fresh basil leaves optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place 2 flatbreads on a baking sheet and brush them with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Pour 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Bring it to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and simmer until the vinegar has reduced by ⅓ and coats the back of a spoon. Remove it from the heat and allow to cool and thicken into a glaze.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet set over medium-low heat. Saute shallots for 4-5 minutes until they're lightly browned, then sprinkle them with a pinch of sea salt. Remove skillet from heat, drizzle in remaining balsamic vinegar, and toss to deglaze the pan and soak the shallots.
- Arrange the burrata or Mozzarella over the flatbread, then top with caramelized shallots, chicken breast, pecans, strawberry halves, and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and drizzle on balsamic reduction, then top with arugula and basil leaves if desired.