A trio of cocktails, highlighting a trio of very delicious, seasonal berries – they are the perfect drinks for any celebration!
My mind is completely blown.
Guys. It’s the last day of the year. Again. How does the back half of the year fly by so fast?!
To add to all the other things I have to deal with (like setting my alarm clock, filling my gas tank before the light comes on, and other similarly mundane things,) now I have to spend a solid month trying to remember to date everything with 2016.
The struggle is real, but at least I know plenty of you will be forgetting to remember with me.
Let’s not get ahead of ourselves, though. We still need some draaaaanks for tonight, right? How about a Berry Champagne Cocktail Trio to wet your whistle?
It’s champagne time!
It seems like just yesterday that I was sharing my Dessert Shooter Trio with you to ring in the New Year with, so it only seemed right to share another set of triplets this year.
I like patterns. And multiples of things are fun and exciting. And these fancy things are made with tasty berries, excellent bubbly, and a few other snazzy ingredients that will help make your celebrations that much more festive.
Sorbet Kir Royale
This is my twist on the classic Kir Royale (a drink I fell in love with at Epcot,) which is made up of crème de cassis and champagne. I added a scoop of my favorite raspberry sorbet, and topped it off with fresh raspberries for an even more pronounced raspberry flavor.
And because there’s no better way to finish a drink (sadface) than by snacking on booze-soaked fruit, am I right?
Cranberry Pomegranate Spritzer
I got this idea from The Cookie Rookie, and while my spritzer didn’t quite deliver the stunning ombre effect hers does, it still tastes damn good.
The syrup is made with fresh cranberries, sugar, and pomegranate liqueur, and is simmered on the stove top until it’s nice and thick, which keeps the resulting syrup settled at the bottom of the glass, but still allows the flavor to permeate the champagne as it’s poured.
Whew. Run-on sentences for the win.
My favorite part is the cranberry rosemary skewer. So cute. And functional, to boot – freeze them before using, and they’ll keep your drink cold!
Grand Strawberry Mojito
This drink came together from like three different Pinterest ideas, to be honest.
I knew the strawberries and mint were happening, because I wanted to do a mojito-style cocktail, but I had no idea how good it would actually taste with the champagne!
And as for the seriously out-of-place purple…well. I saw a pin of a glass of champagne with rock candy in it, and I just had to use that idea. I happened to have some rock candy left over from my wedding (that stuff lasts forever…)
And it was black cherry flavored.
So now you know why your tongue changes colors when you eat rock candy. Turns out, the bubbles really enjoy food coloring.
Happy New Year, everyone! However you celebrate, please be smart and safe tonight, and I’ll see you in 2016!!
- Sorbet Kir Royale
- 4 small scoop raspberry sorbet
- 4 ounces creme de cassis
- Fresh raspberries
- Cranberry Pomegranate Spritzer
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup pomegranate liqueur
- 4 springs of fresh rosemary
- Grand Strawberry Mojito
- 4 large strawberries, sliced
- 4 mint leave
- 4 rock candy sticks
- Place 1 small scoop of sorbet in each glass. Add 1 ounce creme de cassis in each, then slowly fill with champagne. Top with 2-3 fresh raspberries and a festive swizzle stick.
- In a small saucepan, bring cranberries, sugar, and water to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Lower heat and bring to a simmer, adding pomegranate liqueur. Allow to cook 18-20 minutes until cranberries have all burst and softened, and syrup is thickened. Remove from heat and strain, letting the syrup cool. Discard solids (or use as cranberry sauce!)
- When ready to serve, pour 2 ounces of syrup in each glass, top with champagne, and garnish with rosemary-skewered cranberries.
- Place strawberry and mint leaf in each glass. Gently muddle into the bottom of the glass with a rock candy stick, then top with champagne.
What drink will you enjoy while ringing in the New Year?
If your choice involves strawberries, like this lovely Grand Strawberry Mojito here, be sure to snap a picture of the pretty red berries and post it to Instagram, with the tag #FLStrawberry and you could win some New Years’ cash from The Florida Strawberry Growers Association and Sunday Supper! Find all the details right here!