This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
You only need 3 INGREDIENTS to whip up these unique Raspberry Chipotle Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos! Topping these healthy tacos with Raspberry Pineapple Salsa and a sweet & tart crema really makes the flavors shine.
This post is sponsored by Spiceology, but all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands we love that make this blog possible!
Tacos aren’t just a recipe or a meme-d up day of the week.
They are a lifestyle, my friends.
While my husband defaults to Chinese takeout when we don’t know what to eat – I lean towards tacos.
You tell me – who has better taste? The guys who craves gloppy chicken skewers, or the gal who loves fresh flavors stuffed in a tortilla?
JUST TAKE ME TO THE SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TACOS ALREADY!
If you’d rather skip my (pretty darn helpful) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this deliciously easy Crock Pot chicken tacos recipe, just scroll right on down to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card!
If I’m being completely honest, I choose beef tacos 90% of the time. It doesn’t matter if I’m making them at home or eating out, I just LOVE classic ground beef tacos.
Luckily, from time to time, I feel inspired to try something new – which explains these fancy shredded chicken tacos. And they’re not just ordinary – come on, raspberry chipotle?
That’s pretty extra, wouldn’t you say?
Your Taco Tuesdays will never be the same.
How To Top Chicken Tacos
If you’re looking for these EXACT tacos, you need my Lime Raspberry Chipotle Crema and Raspberry Pineapple Salsa recipes! Keep scrollin’ – they’re in the card.
Grab some flour or corn tortillas (my fave!), hard taco shells, or lettuce wraps and go to town! The shredded chicken and crema also work well in taco salad, if you’re so inclined.
As far as toppings go, well – that’s where your tastebuds come into play! Use your favorite taco toppings, or maybe use up whatever is leftover in the fridge:
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Sliced avocado or guacamole
- Shredded cheese or crumbled queso fresco
- Sliced jalapeno coins
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
What To Serve with Chicken Tacos
Beer? Margaritas? More tacos? Tacos are unique in that they don’t really need much else to be awesome, but if you’re dying for a side dish or two, try adding these to your spread:
- Tortilla chips (to scoop up any extra salsa!)
- Refried or black beans
- Mexican rice
- Mexican Street Corn Salad
- Gazpacho (in shooter form!)
How To Make Shredded Chicken Tacos in the Slow Cooker
This is literally the easiest recipe on the blog, guys. Just put the chicken, salsa (or Rotel), and seasoning in the slow cooker and press start!
Specifically, 3-4 hours on high, or 6-8 hours on low. The result will be juicy, moist, flavorful chicken that absolutely falls apart!
For this recipe, I used Spiceology’s Raspberry Chipotle seasoning and was NOT disappointed. The chipotle really shines, but adding raspberries to the fresh salsa we topped the tacos with brings the fruity flavor out of the seasoning as well.
If you don’t have a jar of that blend, plain old taco seasoning will do in a pinch – at least, until your order comes in. 🙂
LOOKING FOR MORE TACO RECIPES?
- Instant Pot Carnitas Tacos
- Korean Ground Beef Bulgogi Tacos
- Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos
- Pulled Pork Waffle Tacos
- Slow Cooker Tequila Lime Carnitas Taco Bites
HELPFUL KITCHEN TOOLS FOR MAKING CHICKEN TACOS:
Join in on the fun in our Facebook group! Feel free to share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, help out your fellow home cooks, and see what’s new with The Crumby Kitchen (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #crumbykitchen so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Raspberry Chipotle Slow Cooker Chicken Tacos
- 1 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup Raspberry Chipotle seasoning
- 1 cup salsa or tomato/chilies or tomato/chilies blend
- For topping: tortillas or taco shells, shredded lettuce, sliced avocado, cilantro, lime wedges
Raspberry Pineapple Salsa
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper diced
- ½ cup fresh pineapple diced
- ¼ cup sweet onion diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro minced
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- Pinch salt
Lime Raspberry Chipotle Crema
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 2 teaspoons Raspberry Chipotle seasoning
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Place chicken into a slow cooker, top with salsa, and sprinkle with seasoning. Close lid and cook on high for 3-4 hours, or low for 6-8 hours, until chicken is cooked completely.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker. Use two forks to shred the meat.
- Return chicken to crock and stir with remaining liquid. Cover and keep warm in cooker until ready to serve.
- Serve in tortillas or taco shells with desired toppings.
Raspberry Pineapple Salsa
- Combine all salsa ingredients in a small bowl and stir well. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use.
Lime Raspberry Chipotle Crema
- Combine all crema ingredients in a small bowl and whisk well. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use. Drizzle on tacos before eating.