Lighten up a simple classic for summer with this Peach Old Fashioned Cocktail! Sweetened with a hint of fresh peaches and cherries, a splash of bubbles make this familiar drink perfect for the poolside!
This post is sponsored by JoyJolt, but all opinions expressed are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands we love that make this blog possible!
I think every classic cocktail deserves a fancy-schmancy glow-up from time to time.
Now, there is nothing wrong with an Old Fashioned. A bit of bittersweet whiskey is good for what ails ya any day.
But it’s summer, people, and there’s just so much fresh produce to be enjoyed!
So let’s muddle it up in our drinks, shall we?
JUST TAKE ME TO THE SUMMER PEACH OLD FASHIONED COCKTAIL ALREADY!
If you’d rather skip my (pretty darn helpful) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this deliciously easy Old Fashioned drink recipe, just scroll right on down to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card!
I have been simply obsessed with peaches and cherries all summer.
Between ice cream and crisps to galettes and even burgers, I’ve been eating more than my fair share of my favorite fruits of the season.
Summer has never been my favorite except when it comes to the produce, and the peaches and cherries really bring this drink to life!
What Is an Old Fashioned?
The Old Fashioned is a cocktail that dates back to 19th century New York. The ingredients in an Old Fashioned consist of:
- Granulated sugar (or a sugar cube)
- Angostura bitters
- Whiskey or bourbon (sometimes brandy)
- A twist of citrus rind
This cocktail is traditionally served in a short, round, tumbler-like glass, which is also named after the drink.
The Old Fashioned should not be confused with the very similar Manhattan, which uses sweet vermouth in place of the straight up sugar as its sweetener.
How To Make a Peach Old Fashioned
- First, place a sugar cube, granulated sugar, or simple syrup in the bottom of an old-fashioned glass (or these gorgeous Black Swan Stemless White Wine glasses).
- Next, saturate the sugar with a few dashes of bitters.
- Add a peach slice and and orange slice and gently muddle them using a wooden or stainless steel cocktail muddler.
- Then fill glass with ice. A large whiskey ice cube is best, but crushed will also work.
- Pour in the whiskey or bourbon, and drop in the second peach slice and halved cherries.
- Stir everything up well, and feel free to add a splash of sparkling water if you want to lighten it up a bit.
- If you’re into garnishes, deco it up with orange and peach slices.
LOOKING FOR MORE BOURBON DRINK RECIPES?
HELPFUL KITCHEN TOOLS FOR MAKING OLD FASHIONED COCKTAILS:
Join in on the fun in our Facebook group! Feel free to share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, help out your fellow home cooks, and see what’s new with The Crumby Kitchen (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #crumbykitchen so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Summer Peach Old Fashioned Cocktail
- 1 sugar cube or ½ ounce simple syrup
- 2-3 dashes of peach bitters or Angostura Bitters
- 2 fresh peach slices divided
- 1 orange slice
- 3 fresh cherries pitted & halved
- 2 ½ ounces bourbon or rye whiskey
- Ice cubes
- Sparkling water or water or club soda, optional
- Place sugar cube (or simple syrup) in an old-fashioned or tall wine glass, then saturate it with bitters.
- Add 1 each peach slice and orange slice and gently muddle.
- Fill glass with ice.
- Add the bourbon, second peach slice, and cherries.
- Stir well to combine. Add a splash of sparkling water, if desired.
- Garnish with orange and peach slices.
PIN THIS OLD FASHIONED COCKTAIL RECIPE FOR LATER!
Share Your Thoughts