The Pumpkin Horchata Cocktail is a boozy, creamy fall-flavored infusion of pumpkin-spiced proportions! You’ve never had a drink like this before!
I don’t drink a lot of liquor. I adore wine, and my tastes in beer have matured quite nicely, but I’ve just never been a big fan of the hard stuff.
When I do indulge in liquor, it’s usually in the form of Ouzo, lemon drops, or the Cinnamon Toast Crunch shot – Fireball and RumChata.
I had one of those recently while out with Gretchen, and this cocktail popped in my head immediately after downing the shot. I couldn’t let the opportunity to combine one of my favorite shots (OK, my only favorite shot) with my favorite fall flavor pass me by!
I’m going to keep things short today, and let you get straight to the alcohol.
It is Tuesday, after all.
I have to warn you: this pretty, simple little cocktail is a sipping drink.
Don’t hit this too hard, unless you wanna get knocked on your butt. It’s pretty smooth going down, but that cinnamon whiskey doesn’t mess around.
The pumpkin flavor is just enough to not be overwhelming – the Fireball makes sure of that – but if you’re looking to bring it out more, add a bit more pumpkin spice.
I added a touch of spice and brown sugar to the rim, also, to sweeten the whole deal a bit more. Because…why not?
Pumpkin Horchata Cocktail
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice plus more for garnish
- 4 ounces Horchata Cream Liqueur such as Rumchata
- 1 ounce Cinnamon whiskey such as Fireball
- Brown sugar for garnish
- Combine brown sugar and pie spice in a shallow dish. Wet rim of glass with a bit of Fireball, then dip in mix.
- Pour the drink ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well.
- Strain into glass. Serve and enjoy!