This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
The Pumpkin Horchata Cocktail is a boozy, creamy fall-flavored infusion of pumpkin-spiced proportions! You’ve never had a drink like this before!
I don’t drink a lot of liquor. I adore wine, and my tastes in beer have matured quite nicely, but I’ve just never been a big fan of the hard stuff.
When I do indulge in liquor, it’s usually in the form of Ouzo, lemon drops, or the Cinnamon Toast Crunch shot – Fireball and RumChata.
I had one of those recently while out with Gretchen, and this cocktail popped in my head immediately after downing the shot. I couldn’t let the opportunity to combine one of my favorite shots (OK, my only favorite shot) with my favorite fall flavor pass me by!
And #PumpkinWeek is the perfect time to début my Pumpkin Horchata Cocktail!
Welcome to #PumpkinWeek day 2! Hosted by Terri from Love and Confections, 19 Bloggers will be sharing 65 pumpkin-filled recipes over the course of the week. Be sure to come back every day to see all the delicious creations – from muffins to cakes, cocktails, breakfast baked goods, savory pastas and stews, and gluten-free recipes too. You can also find these great recipes and more on Love and Confections’ #PumpkinWeek Pinterest Board!
I’m going to keep things short today, and let you get straight to the alcohol.
It is Tuesday, after all.
I have to warn you: this pretty, simple little cocktail is a sipping drink.
Don’t hit this too hard, unless you wanna get knocked on your butt. It’s pretty smooth going down, but that cinnamon whiskey doesn’t mess around.
The pumpkin flavor is just enough to not be overwhelming – the Fireball makes sure of that – but if you’re looking to bring it out more, add a bit more pumpkin spice.
I added a touch of spice and brown sugar to the rim, also, to sweeten the whole deal a bit more. Because…why not?
Pumpkin Horchata Cocktail
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice plus more for garnish
- 4 ounces Horchata Cream Liqueur such as Rumchata
- 1 ounce Cinnamon whiskey such as Fireball
- Brown sugar for garnish
- Combine brown sugar and pie spice in a shallow dish. Wet rim of glass with a bit of Fireball, then dip in mix.
- Pour the drink ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well.
- Strain into glass. Serve and enjoy!
Do you prefer warm or cold alcoholic drinks when it’s chilly outside?
#PumpkinWeek Day 2 Recipes:
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Snack Cake from Cupcakes & Kale Chips.
- Heart Healthy Pumpkin Chili from A Day in the Life on the Farm.
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Milkshake from The Redhead Baker.
- Pumpkin Horchata Cocktail from The Crumby Cupcake.
- Pumpkin Hummus from Culinary Adventures with Camilla.
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Bourbon Maple Syrup from Love and Confections.
- Pumpkin Seed Granola from Gluten Free Crumbley.
- Savory and Spicy Pumpkin Soup from Feeding Big and more.
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spiced Latte from Making Miracles.