This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
These fun and festive 3-ingredient Apple Cranberry Mimosas will make any holiday breakfast extra special – just don’t forget the cinnamon-sugar rim!
Would you judge me if I admitted that I could drink a mimosa right next to my coffee every morning? Like, it doesn’t even have to be Sunday brunch.
In fact, it was a Saturday brunch that inspired this here fall cocktail. Only about a week or so ago; a good friend of ours was visiting from Utah, and we took him to our favorite local cafe for our favorite meal. Among the hazelnut crepes, chorizo-laden hash, and shrimp with the creamiest grits on the planet, our table was scattered with emptied champagne glasses.
The boys opted for the standard flavor. I went for the fall cider version and fell in looooooooove.
Today is day 2 of our 12 Days of Thanksgiving, but it’s also Cranberry Week, and if you’re as much of a cranberry lover as I am, you’ll be stockpiling them so you can try every recipe! (Hop over to Instagram and keep up by following #cranberryweek.)
Make sure you freeze a bag or two to use for these mimosas come Thanksgiving/Christmas/Thursday morning. These Apple Cranberry Mimosas only need 3 ingredients, but a handful of frozen cranberries keep the champagne extra cold and extra fizzy.
Except…you really need that cinnamon-sugar rim. Ever since my first pumpkin beer of the season, that came with that particular surprise, I’ve been rimming all of my cocktails (and most of my brews) with it. It’s just SO GOOD.
And it’s kind of brownish-gold and cozy-looking and reminds me of crunchy fall leaves and brown paper packages tied up with string and all of those other happy things that come with the holidays.
Except you can still drink these Apple Cranberry Mimosas in spring & summer in addition to fall & winter because cranberry juice is an all-year kinda thing.
And, for some reason, since you can find apple cider in June – not that I’m complaining. (Though, if all else fails, make your own! Yay for autumn spirit!)
Apple Cranberry Mimosas
These fun and festive 3-ingredient Apple Cranberry Mimosas will make any holiday breakfast extra special - just don't forget the cinnamon-sugar rim!
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- Champagne or sparkling wine
- Frozen cranberries
- Apple slices for garnish
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Combine the cinnamon and granulated sugar in a small, wide-mouthed bowl. Rub the rim of 2 champagne glasses with a bit of honey, then dip them in the cinnamon-sugar blend. Set aside.
- Divide the apple cider and cranberry juice in the prepared glasses. Add desired amount of frozen cranberries to each glass, then carefully top with champagne until glasses are filled to the top. Garnish with apple slices.
Need a few more cocktail recipes for brunch? Or do you have a hankering for more cranberry love?!
See all the other recipes being shared today as part of Cranberry week – follow #cranberryweek for all the tasty cranberry creations!
- Apple Cranberry Mimosas from The Crumby Kitchen
- Cranberry Chicken Salad Wrap from Making Miracles
- Cranberry Dijon Ham from Cookaholic Wife
- Cranberry Cider Punch from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cranberry Margaritas from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cranberry Orange Wild Rice from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Fresh Cranberry Muffins from Family Around The Table
- Pickled Cranberries from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salad with Cranberry, Pear, Walnuts & Gorgonzola from Palatable Pastime