This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
Two appetizer favorites in one, these Bacon Guacamole Deviled Eggs take on the best qualities of the popular avocado dip and nix the chip!
For being on vacation, my week so far has been way more hectic than when I’m not.
Two parties, yard work, laundry, and a handful of recipes made and photographed for the blog.
The rest of the week promises pretty much more of the same. And a Disney day thrown in there, before the Food & Wine Festival ends.
This is one of those vacations where I need a vacation from my vacation!
I’ve been so all over the place, I’ve barely had time to eat!
And if you know me, you understand the tragedy in that.
Luckily, I made plenty of these Bacon Guacamole Deviled Eggs the other day for our annual Friend-O-Ween Party, and they’ve been easy to grab on the go!
Bacon Guacamole Deviled Eggs
I’m a huge deviled egg fan.
Eggy, mayonnaise-y, mustardy little two-bites of deliciousness.
Eggs are part of my food pyramid anyway, but making them devilish makes them that much more tempting.
And it’s so easy to go back for seconds, thirds, eighths…
I was a hard sell on guacamole, though.
It took Mr. Crumby a LOT of trickery and convincing me to try avocados before I was on board with guac.
I was truly afraid to try avocados. Texture, perhaps.
Luckily, he’s a stellar chef, and rarely makes a bad dish.
Aaaaand his guac is the bomb, guys.
Last year, for Friend-O-Ween, we carved one of those little puking pumpkins; his brains were salsa, and he was spewing Abe’s delicious guac.
It was hilarious. Total conversation starter.
We don’t like repeating ourselves when it comes to party foods, so I decided to combine my favorite appetizer with his (and add some bacon), and voilà! Bacon Guacamole Deviled Eggs.
(Besides, we forgot to buy chips, anyway.)
These put a nice, different spin on a classic appetizer, and they’re worth a try!
Bet you can’t eat just one!
Bacon Guacamole Deviled Eggs
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 1 medium ripe avocado peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons onion minced (red, white, or yellow)
- 1 small sweet red pepper minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Paprika for garnish
- 4 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- Peel the eggs and rinse them. Cut each egg in half, and pop the yolk out into a medium-sized bowl; mash yolks. Set whites aside on a serving tray.
- To the egg yolks, add avocado, mayonnaise, mustard, and lime juice; stir until well combined - if you like chunky guacamole, feel free to leave in that way!
- Stir in onion, red pepper, cilantro, and cayenne, mixing until evenly distributed. Add salt to taste.
- Fill an untipped pastry bag (or Ziploc with the corner cut off) and pipe filling into egg whites.
- Sprinkle eggs with paprika, then top each with crumbled bacon pieces.