This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
Spice up your fiesta with this colorfully delicious Avocado, Black Bean and Corn Salsa! Diced tomato, onion, and jalapeño come together with with fresh corn, black beans, and ripe avocado, with lots of lime and cilantro to round out the classic Mexican flavors.
I’m very aware that the world doesn’t need another salsa recipe, but I’m pretty spoiled when it comes to salsa.
So, why not?
Abe has a very particular way that he makes his, and it’s always delicious. My way is simpler – and you’re looking at it right here.
Chop. Season. Mix. Eat.
JUST TAKE ME TO THE AVOCADO, BLACK BEAN AND CORN SALSA ALREADY!
If you’d rather skip my (pretty darn helpful) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this deliciously easy salsa recipe, just scroll right on down to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card!
Who’s celebrating Cinco de Mayo this week?!
If you’re reading this post, there’s a good chance it’s not even remotely close to May 5th, and that’s OK!
Salsa is a fabulous anytime appetizer or snack – especially if there’s a party coming up, or a random Friday night in front of the TV.
I wouldn’t judge either way.
One of the greatest things about this salsa recipe is that you can prepare it in advance and keep it in the fridge! There’s a ton of lime juice in here, which helps keep the veggies (especially the avocado) lookin’ fresh and pretty until chow time.
This also means easy snacking availability. If you have a bag of chips handy, you can sneak scoops and no one will be the wiser.
How To Make Black Bean and Corn Salsa
This salsa recipe is so stinkin’ easy to throw together!
First, drain and rinse your black beans. Get all the gunk off, so the beans don’t clump and make the salsa look gross.
Next, grab a fresh ear of corn (or two if you’re into it) and slice all the kernels off. You could also just thaw some frozen corn or use canned, if you have that on hand.
Then, dice your veggies (I love using this nifty chopper, especially with onions – no tears!).
- Plum and Roma tomatoes are perfect here (their meat to seed ratio is great).
- As for onion, use whatever type you have. We usually use red onion more than anything, but had white available for this batch and it was great.
- If you like your salsa extra spicy, leave some of the jalapeño seeds in!
- Don’t forget to chop some cilantro as toss it in. If you hate cilantro, we can’t be friends. Seriously though – this salsa benefits from it, but if you’re not a fan, you can leave it out or replace it with parsley just for the color.
Finally, toss everything together in a bowl with some oil, salt, and cumin (to taste). Cover and chill the finished product for a while (30ish minutes, at least) to allow the flavors to combine and mingle, then get to dipping!
What To Serve Black Bean and Corn Salsa With
…I mean, besides chips or a spoon? This stuff can go in and on just about anything!
- On any kind of Tacos (obvious choice)
- As a topper for Quesadillas or Taquitos
- In a hearty Salad
- On top of a Baked Potato (fun!)
- As a side for Grilled Fish…
- …Or Grilled Chicken…
- …Or Grilled Skirt Steak!
- Simply wrapped up in tortillas or lettuce wraps as a snack
This Black Bean and Corn Salsa is absolutely open to your personal tastes and interpretation. Whether you follow the recipe exactly or toss things in all willy-nilly (like Abe does), it’s bound to be delicious!
Plus, it suits just about every diet. I dare you to find an appetizer that will please everyone the way this salsa recipe will!
LOOKING FOR MORE PARTY DIP RECIPES?
Join in on the fun in our Facebook group! Feel free to share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, help out your fellow home cooks, and see what’s new with The Crumby Kitchen (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #crumbykitchen so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Avocado, Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels fresh, frozen & thawed, or canned
- 1 pound plum or Roma tomatoes (about 3-4) seeded and finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado chopped
- 1/2 cup onion white or red; finely chopped
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers medium sized; seeded and diced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped, plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin plus more to taste
- ½-1 teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- In a large bowl, combine black beans, corn, diced tomato, onion, jalapeño, and cilantro.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the oil, lime juice and zest, cumin, and salt. Drizzle mixture over vegetables and toss well. Season to taste with more salt and cumin, if desired.
- Chill 30 minutes before serving with chips, in a salad, or on tacos.