If you have never Grilled Salmon before, today is the day! A simple rub and 10 minutes on the grill rewards you with perfectly cooked and flavorful salmon – and a fresh Strawberry Salsa is a refreshing way to top it off.
I’m ashamed of myself.
Five years of blogging, and I’ve never shared my favorite fish recipe with you guys. That’s way too much time without Abe’s crispy-skinned salmon in your lives.
What kind of Florida girl am I?
JUST TAKE ME TO THE GRILLED SALMON WITH STRAWBERRY SALSA ALREADY!
If you’d rather skip my (pretty darn helpful) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this deliciously easy grilled salmon recipe, just scroll right on down to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card!
Cooking fish on the grill is one of our favorite ways to eat seafood! Abe loves grilling all the things anyway, and we both adore salmon.
We used to solely grill salmon in foil because of how easy it is to make up packets. Once he discovered how perfectly crispy the skin gets when it’s grilled directly over the flame?
He said he’d never go back to foil.
This is legit the best grilled salmon recipe I’ve ever developed! It comes together super quickly, and requires no marinating time – it uses a dry rub instead.
How Long To Grill Salmon
Salmon is one of those fish that can actually be eaten completely raw (think sushi) with no worries about food poisoning.
You can grill this salmon as little or as long as you’d like. Fully cooked and flaky salmon should be between 125 and 130 degrees F. This takes about 10-12 minutes on your grill.
Do You Have To Flip Salmon On The Grill?
You don’t have to flip salmon on the grill – but aren’t those perfect grill marks just gorgeous??
The fish will cook completely if you are worried about it sticking and choose to grill it skin side down only.
As long as you oil your grill grates really well before heating it to 500 degrees, the fish should not stick. Your reward will be beautiful, Instagram-worthy salmon!
What To Serve With Grilled Salmon
- Grilled Corn & Zucchini Salad
- Summer Chopped Salad
- Sauteed Asparagus with Bacon
- Baked Garlic Truffle Fries
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Kale & Quinoa Salad
- Garlc Herb Roasted Potato Salad
- Lemon Garlic Roasted Cauliflower
How To Make An Easy Strawberry Salsa
Any salsa would be delicious with this salmon, but I opted for a strawberry, avocado, and tomato version! It’s a fresh and light and brightens up the butteriness of the fish.
To make it, add chopped strawberries and avocado, quartered grape tomatoes, diced jalapeno and red onion, and cilantro to a bowl.
Zest a lime and add it to the mix, then squeeze in the lime juice. Liberally sprinkle in some sea salt, then toss it all together. Taste the salsa and adjust the seasonings, adding more salt or lime if needed.
Cover the bowl and chill the salsa for at least 30 minutes before serving over the salmon.
I suggest eating any leftover salsa with some cinnamon pita chips or lime tortilla chips! Yum!
How To Grill Salmon
First, make your salmon rub. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cumin, parsley, salt, orange zest, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper.
Next, drizzle the salmon filets with oil, then rub the pink side of each salmon filet with the seasoning mixture.
Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil (your choice) and rub it on the grate of a gas or charcoal grill, lightly coating it. Preheat the grill to 500 degrees F. Alternately, you can turn your oven broiler to high.
Place the salmon filets on the grill, skin side up. Grill, covered, (or broil 3-4 in. from heat source) for 5 minutes. Gently flip and grill 4-6 minutes more, or until the fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
Remove the fish from the grill and set aside to rest for 5 minutes. Serve topped with the strawberry salsa.
LOOKING FOR MORE GRILLING RECIPES?
- Sriracha Grilled Chicken Thighs with Pineapple Salsa
- Grilled Skirt Steak with Mojo Mustard Butter
- Grilled Parmesan Fish Foil Packs
- BBG Grilled Chicken Leg Quarters
- Grilled Tequila Lime Fish Tacos
HELPFUL KITCHEN TOOLS FOR MAKING GRILLED SALMON:
Join in on the fun in our Facebook group! Feel free to share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, help out your fellow home cooks, and see what’s new with The Crumby Kitchen (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #crumbykitchen so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Grilled Salmon with Strawberry Salsa
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon hot paprika
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4 salmon fillets 6 ounces each
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 ounces strawberries hulled & finely chopped
- 8 ounces grape tomatoes quartered
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 1 avocado finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup red onion diced
- 1 large lime zested and juiced
- Pinch sea salt
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cumin, parsley, salt, orange zest, garlic powder, paprika, and pepper. Drizzle the salmon with oil, then rub the pink side of each salmon filet with the seasoning mixture.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and rub it on the grill rack, lightly coating it. Preheat grill to 500 degrees F (or turn oven broiler on high).
- Place salmon on grill rack, skin side up. Grill, covered, (or broil 3-4 in. from heat) for 5 minutes. Gently flip and grill 4-6 minutes more, or until the fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- In a medium bowl, add the strawberries, tomatoes, jalapeno, avocado, onion and cilantro. Toss with lime zest, juice, and salt, adjusting the seasonings if needed.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving over fish. Eat the rest with some cinnamon tortilla chips.
- Store any leftover salsa in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
PIN THIS GRILLED SALMON RECIPE FOR LATER!