This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
A summery twist on a classic drink, this Spicy Watermelon Margarita kicks up flavor a notch with the use of strawberries and jalapeno-infused tequila!
At last! Mr. Crumby and I made it to our (end of) summer vacation!
And not a moment too soon. Work is finally winding down for the summer (working at a beachside grocery store in Florida is insaaaaaane ), and it’s finally time to relax and get some stuff done around the house.
To kick off my time away from work, I spent all day today cleaning. Which, yes I know, is essentially still work, but it’s for my own enjoyment and appreciation.
The kitchen, the bathrooms, laundry, dishes, vacuumed, bathed the pooch.
All to the tune of the 90s Pop Pandora station. ♥
After all that non-work work, I decided to treat myself to my first vacation drink! Inspired by this masterpiece from What’s Gaby Cooking, I used the last quarter of the huge watermelon we bought last week to make this Spicy MelonBerry Margarita.
Why Spicy MelonBerry?
Well, it’s mostly made of watermelon, I tossed in some strawberries, and you can blame the spicy on the half jalapeño that I soaked in my tequila.
If you ever want to make a shot of tequila even more kick-you-in-the-face, just throw a jalapeño in there.
Even your chaser won’t help.
Oh, and the Tajin powder rim on the glass?
Have I told you how much I love that stuff?
It’s chili and lime and salty and OMG so good.
I don’t usually drink from all sides of a margarita glass, because it can get super salty, but with Tajin…it’s lick-the-rim-clean good.
I may have to go out and buy more watermelon tomorrow.
I want this margarita to make a repeat appearance before this vacation is over!
Next time, we’ll do it frozen-style!
Spicy Watermelon Margarita
- 1/2 jalapeno sliced lengthwise and seeded
- 1 cup tequila
- 3 cups watermelon cubed (works best if frozen)
- 1 cup strawberries fresh or frozen
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- Rimming salt and/or Tajin powder
- Lime wedges strawberry slices, or watermelon chunks for garnish
- Place jalapeno into cup of tequila and let soak for 2-4 hours, or overnight if you really want a kick!
- Combine the jalapeno, tequila, watermelon, strawberries, lime juice, agave nectar and triple sec in a blender and process until smooth. (Use frozen fruit if you prefer a frozen drink!)
- Place salt and/or Tajin powder in a saucer; rub the rims of 4 glasses with a lime wedge; spin rim of each glass in salt/Tajin to coat.
- Fill each prepared glass with ice (if desired), then portion out margarita.
- Garnish with a lime wedge, sliced strawberry, or a chunk of watermelon and drink up!
So spicy and so sweet and so summery and so yum!