This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
Quick & easy, this tasty stir-fry is full of your favorite vegetables, sesame ginger pork, and is ready in less than 45 minutes – a true #WeeknightWin!
So. This is the dish I’ve been bugging everyone all over social media with the last couple days.
That’s right, friends, I’m home, and back to blogging with a vengeance!
I’m sure you all want to hear about our epic European vacay, but I’m going to keep you in suspense a bit longer. I promise, it’s for a good cause.
This Sesame Ginger Pork Stir Fry.
OmAGah. Let’s chat about it. (And try to win some stuff together!)
Mr. Crumby LOVES Asian food.
I mean intense love.
Do you remember having a favorite stuffed animal as a child; the kind your parents had to throw away in secret because it was so threadbare from years of cuddling? Have you ever had a pair of boots that went with everything, that you wore down to nothing? Or a movie that you could watch once a day and never tire of?
That’s Mr. Crumby with Chinese food. (And Night At the Roxbury, for what it’s worth.)
I’m pretty sure if I came home with those cute little white boxes full of rice and Boneless BBQ Spareribs three or four nights a week, I wouldn’t get any complaints.
Of course, we’d probably both have awfully high cholesterol levels.
Well, this dish isn’t greasy, unnaturally red spareribs, but it definitely hits the spot. And the best part about it is…
Wow. I can’t figure out what the best part is.
A few weeks ago, I was contacted by a rep for Simply Organic, inviting me to take part in their #WeeknightWin recipe contest they would be holding to introduce a new product, Steam Gourmet Parchment & Seasoning Kits.
What’s a #WeeknightWin? When you cook with Steam Gourmet, it’s a win-win. You win with a perfectly seasoned, organic entrée. And you win time back with little prep and even less clean up.
Of course, I jumped at the chance. Try a new product, make a healthy dinner, take pretty pictures, possibly win prizes? Slightly up my alley.
For those of you who are not familiar with Simply Organic (like I was!), they specialize in affordable spices and seasoning products that are made with 100% organic ingredients. But their product line doesn’t end there: they also carry baking extracts, pasta sauces, chili mixes, dips and salad dressings, to name a few. They even have gluten-free certified products for those with special dietary needs.
When I received their package in the mail, I set out to create a masterpiece meal . There were four flavors to choose from, and when I saw the Sesame Ginger box, I knew that would be my winner.
Mainly because Mr. Crumby and I hadn’t had Chinese food in weeks. Cravings were setting in.
The kits are pretty spectacular, and make French steam-in-parchment cooking easily accessible to home cooks of any skill level. Each one comes with two packages of a carefully crafted seasoning blend, plus two parchment bags, and for a family of four you only need one set per meal. Use the seasoning kit to coat your protein (no need to marinate or add oils), seal it in the parchment bag, steam and enjoy!
Or, do as I did, and toss it with your favorite veggies and a sweet & spicy stir-fry sauce to turn it in to homemade takeout Sesame Ginger Pork Stir Fry. This meal is quick (30 minutes!), healthy (organic everything!), and divine, folks. Mr. Crumby approved.
So, back to the contest part.
The prizes Simply Organic is giving out to the grand prize winning blogger are pretty fantastic ($1200 worth!), but I’d be happy making it in to their eBook just the same (prize for the Top 8). That said, I need your votes! Pretty please stop by my contest entry link and click the little green VOTE button!
You can vote every 24 hours, and since I already adore you all, I can’t offer my undying love. BUT, since this is a “win-win” kind of post, I’d love to give away some of these new Steam Gourmet Kits! Scroll down below the recipe for the entries – the more you vote for me, the more you vote for yourself!
Plus, you can win even more Simply Organic products by voting daily, also! They are giving away 9 #WeeknightWin daily prizes for those voters who enter their name and email upon voting. So please be sure to toss a few votes in for me – it would really mean a lot!
Sesame Ginger Pork Stir Fry
- 1 Simply Organic Sesame Ginger Steam Gourmet Parchment and Seasoning Kit
- 1 lb. pork tenderloin, cubed
- Steamed white rice
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon sriracha
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 small bell peppers, green and red, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place cubed pork in a medium bowl and sprinkle on contents of seasoning kit. Toss pork to coat all sides with seasoning.
- Place seasoned pork in a single layer in Steam Gourmet Parchment Bag. Place bag seam side up on a baking sheet. Fold the open edge of the bag under twice and crease well.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes before opening bag.
Stir Fry Sauce
- While pork is cooking, prepare the sauce and stir fry vegetables. Combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently until cornstarch is dissolved. Remove from heat and cover; set aside to thicken.
- Heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil in a large heavy-bottom skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Add carrot and shallots and stir-fry 2-3 minutes, until shallots begin to turn opaque.
- Drizzle 1 Tablespoon sesame oil around perimeter of skillet, then toss in garlic, broccoli, and mushrooms, stir-frying another 2 minutes, until garlic is fragrant.
- Drizzle remaining teaspoon of sesame oil, then add peppers, peas, and water chestnuts, and stir-fry until crisp-tender. Total stir-fry time should equal about 8 minutes.
- Remove vegetables from heat, add cooked pork and sauce, and toss to coat. Serve immediately over steamed rice.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 485kcal Calories from fat 122|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 14g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 3g||15%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED. CONGRATS TO THE WINNER!