Homemade, no preservatives, and naturally sweetened, it only takes five ingredients to enjoy a perfectly seasonal cup of coffee with this Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer!
When fall is falling, there’s no lack of pumpkin spice creamer on any supermarket shelves. But what if it’s the middle of May and you’re suddenly hit with a PSL craving?
You know what is on store shelves all year long? Pumpkin puree.
Let’s make our own creamer, friends!
Honestly, have you ever read most of the labels on store-bought coffee creamers? I’m not a fan of artificial flavors if I can avoid them. Those bottles are chock full of them, not to mention the hydrogenated oils and stabilizers I can’t even pronounce.
Making your own homemade pumpkin spice coffee creamer is so easy! It also allows you to control the ingredients and adjust the sweetness to your liking.
This page includes step by step instructions, as well as tips and notes. If you’d like to skip all that, feel free to scroll down to the full, printable recipe card at the bottom of the post.
This homemade pumpkin spice coffee creamer isn’t just great in coffee. You can also use this to flavor your tea, hot chocolate, oatmeal – even your breakfast shakes (like this iced coffee protein shake)! It’s a versatile and delicious way to add a touch of fall to your morning routine. No more freakouts when you run out of coffee creamer!
And you only need five simple ingredients to make it a reality!
- Heavy cream – or milk. Non-dairy milk works here, too!
- Maple syrup – for a little natural sweetness. You can also sub in any sugar substitute you’d like to here.
- Pumpkin puree – gotta get that punch of pumpkin in somewhere.
- Pumpkin spice – use my homemade blend, or just use the stuff from your pantry.
- Vanilla extract
For exact ingredient measurements and recipe instructions, scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the post!
How to make pumpkin spice coffee creamer at home
Making this homemade coffee creamer recipe is as simple as boiling water!
- Whisk together heavy cream (or your dairy or non-dairy milk base of choice), maple syrup, pumpkin puree, and spices in a small saucepan.
- Set the pan over medium heat, bringing the mixture to a boil for about 1 minute while continuing to whisk occasionally to keep the milk from clumping.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the vanilla.
- Allow the creamer to cool in the saucepan for about 5 minutes before adding it to your coffee. If you’re simply storing the finished creamer, let it cool for about 30-45 minutes, then transfer it to a sealed bottle or container and refrigerate it for up to one week. (It won’t last that long!)
Yes, you can use any type of dairy or non-dairy milk in this creamer recipe.
Yes, you can use honey or any kind of sugar, as well as any kind of sugar substitute. Just make sure to dissolve granular sugars completely during the boiling process to avoid a gritty texture.
Properly stored homemade coffee creamer will last for 1-2 weeks in the coldest part of the refrigerator.
If the creamer has a sour or unpleasant smell, taste, or texture, it’s best to discard it.
Yes, you can freeze it for later use, but the texture and flavor might be affected. Just pour the creamer into an airtight container or freezer-safe bag, leaving some air inside, and place it in the freezer. Thaw the container in the refrigerator overnight when you’re ready to use it, and stir it before using. Use it within 1-2 months for optimal quality.
More recipes using pumpkin puree!
If you love this recipe, please consider leaving a 5 STAR RATING! If you really love it, leave us a comment and let us know – we appreciate all forms of feedback!
Join in on the fun in our Facebook group! Feel free to share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, help out your fellow home cooks, and see what’s new with The Crumby Kitchen (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #crumbykitchen so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also enjoy exclusive content before anyone else by subscribing to our weekly newsletter – and you’ll never miss a delicious recipe again!
Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream or milk non-dairy milk works, too!
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whisk together cream, maple syrup, puree and spice in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Continue to whisk occasionally and bring to a boil for about 1 minute, then remove from heat. Whisk in vanilla.
- Allow to cool in pan for 5 minutes before adding to your coffee, then top with whipped cream and ground cinnamon. Enjoy!
- Refrigerate remaining creamer for up to one week in a sealed container.