This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
Light, fluffy, and totally refreshing, Nana’s No Bake Cheesecake Squares are a knockout ending to a steamy summer barbecue or picnic! Make a double batch to share at your next pool party!
I often wonder what my children and grandchildren will remember me for.
My Nana was my everything, but her biggest claim to fame was being the most badass baker and cook I knew. I could always count on her to have some tasty treat ready after dinner, or to take to school to share with my class for a special occasion.
I used to daydream about all the wonderful creations I’d bake up for my kiddos to show off with. I was sure by then, 1/4 of the kids in the class will have food blogger moms (or dads)…but I’d still have the best cupcakes in town.
Now that schools have taken that away from parents, forcing them to opt for store-bought sweets, how am I supposed to show off my own baking prowess?
JUST TAKE ME TO THE NO BAKE CHEESECAKE SQUARES ALREADY!
If you’d rather skip my (pretty darn helpful) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this deliciously easy no bake cheesecake recipe, just scroll right on down to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card!
No, don’t get excited…I have nothing to report on the pregnancy horizon, yet. Sunday Supper’s just get me thinking, especially when the theme is based around nostalgia. Nostalgic summer recipes to be precise since tomorrow is the official first day of my least fave season of all.
To most of the country (and likely the world) it means a nice warm break from harsh weather and a chance to get some color.
For Floridians like me, displaced on principle (I’m nearly translucent and fry like a side of bacon) if not by birth, it’s a call to snuggle under a pile of blankets in 60-degree air conditioning to avoid ironically freezing to death while the outside temperature soars above 100.
Rejoice in your electric bills, non-Floridians. The summertime ones hurt a little more every month.
Especially if you live with MY husband, who’s Dominican blood apparently runs hotter than fresh flowing lava and desperately needs the house to be cold at all times.
It’s a good thing I have a fuzzy sock and blanket obsession.
Anyway, back on topic. Nostalgia!
These incredible cheesecake squares come straight from Nana’s Cookbook and are one of my all-time favorite desserts.
She had a habit of making sweets for no good reason, and this was her go-to cheesecake all year long. For me, it always tasted better in the summer.
I’m a straight sucker for cheesecake of all kinds, but this one is so much different from your famous New York and French styles.
For starters, there’s only one package of cream cheese used, which I promise is not a bad thing.
It’s beaten until it’s creamy and soft, then mixed with sugar and salt, milk, vanilla, lemon juice, and loads of whipped cream.
Now, you can use homemade whipped cream, and that’s all well and good and delicious. I use fresh whipped cream regularly, but in this cheesecake…I just have to default to the way Nana made it – with a tub of store-bought Cool Whip.
It’s so easy, and the flavor just isn’t the same without it.
I will say that the title is a bit of a lie, but only if you make it that way.
The cheesecake itself is a true no-bake, but in Nana’s recipe, the crust does indeed get baked for 8-10 minutes.
Of course, you can always chill the crust in the fridge for an hour before you fill it with cheesy goodness if you absolutely refuse to turn your kitchen temp up by using the oven.
The final product will still be incredible. It’s fluffy and cool and it honestly just melts in your mouth. And the crust? So simple but SO GOOD.
One square probably won’t be enough. Just sayin’.
Baker’s note: I highly recommend garnishing these squares simply, with crumbled crust, or a lemon slice and perhaps a spring of mint for color as I did. Save the heavy fruit toppings and sauces for a heavy cheesecake – this one doesn’t need anything extra!
LOOKING FOR MORE CHEESECAKE RECIPES?
Join in on the fun in our Facebook group! Feel free to share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, help out your fellow home cooks, and see what’s new with The Crumby Kitchen (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #crumbykitchen so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
Nana’s No-Bake Cheesecake Squares
- 1 cup graham cracker or ginger snap! crumbs
- 1/2 cup plus 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar separated
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whipped cream Cool Whip
- If baking the crust, preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line an 8x8 baking pan with aluminum foil; lightly butter (or use cooking spray) the bottom and sides. Set aside.
- Combine crumbs and 3 Tablespoons sugar in a medium bowl. Add butter and mix well, until clumps start to form. Press crumbs firmly on bottom and up sides of prepared pan. Either bake for 8-10 minutes and cool completely, or chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before filling.
- To make the cheesecake filling, beat cream cheese in a large bowl on high until smooth and fluffy. Add remaining sugar in gradually, beating constantly. Blend in salt, milk, lemon juice, and vanilla, beating until well combined.
- Fold in whipped cream, or blend in on low speed until fully combined. Spoon filling into cooled crust and spread evenly. Refrigerate 3-4 hours until set. Cut into squares. Garnish with quartered lemon slice and mint leaf, serve, and enjoy!
- Blueberry Lavender Lemonade by Beauty and the Beets
- Chocolate Malt Milkshake by Love and Confections
- Natural Pink Pineapple Lemonade by Food Lust People Love
- Gazpacho Shooters by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled BLT Kebabs by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Strawberry Fruit Dip by Books n’ Cooks
- Classic Shrimp Roll Sliders by Crazed Mom
- How to Cook Hot Dogs by Life Tastes Good
- Lobster Rolls by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Wiener Schnitzel by Caroline’s Cooking
- Baked Beans by Magnolia Days
- Creamy Macaroni Salad by The Chef Next Door
- Creamy Ranch Potato Salad by Dash of Evans
- Grilled Zucchini Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Loaded Bacon Ranch Layered Salad by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Red, White and Blue Jell-O Salad by Feeding Big
- Seven-Layer Salad with Bacon and Peas by The Hungry Goddess
- Southern Fried Squash by Peaceful Cooking
- Spätzlesalat (German Spaetzle Pasta Salad) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Summer’s Best Tomato Cucumber Salad by Delaware Girl Eats
- Ambrosia Salad by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Bavarian Almonds by Palatable Pastime
- Blueberry Cobbler by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Boardwalk Funnel Cake by The Redhead Baker
- Buttermilk Pound Cake by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Creamsicle Ice Cream by Baking Sense
- DIY Drumsticks by A Mind Full Mom
- Double Corn Buttermilk Cake by What Smells So Good?
- Frosted Grapes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Gluten Free S’mores Magic Bars by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Homemade Banana Pudding by Cooking with Carlee
- Homemade Drumsticks by Pies and Plots
- Homemade Rocket Pops by April Golightly
- Japanese Melon Ice Cream by Ninja Baker
- Lemon Coconut Bars by The Finer Cookie
- Lemonade Pie with Sugar Cone Crust by Dizzy, Busy and Hungry
- Lime Poke Cake by Our Good Life
- Maple Sugar Candy by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Mom’s Rhubarb Cake by Monica’s Table
- Nana’s No-Bake Cheesecake Squares by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Pudding Pops by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Root Beer Float Ice Cream Sandwiches by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Sherbet Float by Cookin’ Mimi
- Strawberry Jello Angel Food Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Strawberry Jello Pie by Tramplingrose
- Tita’s Fruit Dessert by Basic N Delicious
- Toasted Coconut Puppy Chow by Helpful Homemade
- Watergate Salad by Flavor Mosaic
- Rhubarb Muffins by Wholistic Woman
- Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings