This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
These fun little one person, no-fuss Mini Strawberry Limeade Galettes are filled with fresh vanilla lime-spiked strawberries, and are a great dessert even for outdoor meals.
Don’t let the name fool you.
Mini Strawberry Limeade Galettes.
I promise you, they only sound fancy. These cute little single-serve tart-pie things are super easy to make…and are ready to devour so much quicker than a regular pie!
Make no mistake, I love pie. It’s always worth the effort. But sometimes, you just need near-instant gratification.
As for me, sometimes I just need little baby pies that can sit in the palm of my hand.
The cast is simple.
Strawberries. They’re the star of the show. The diva. The Beyoncé, if you will. They keep they’re ruby-hued beauty from start to finish.
Of course, they’re given a hand by their more subtle but equally talented backup singers: sugar, vanilla, and lime.
Lime is like the Effie White of this dessert. Loud and large in flavor, and yet, still not given the credit she’s due.
(Beyoncé, Dreamgirls…it seemed to fit. Just go with it.)
And then there’s the rest of the ingredients, combined and all wrapped up in a dreamy, soft, buttery little pie crust…
…and then sprinkled with stardust.
OK, so maybe it’s just more sugar.
But these lovely little strawberry galettes are perfectly dreamy in their size, flavor, and versatility.
Mr. Crumby polished off all but three of these, and he ate each one a different way. One with vanilla ice cream, one with whipped cream, one alone on a plate, one with his bare hands…
That’s what so great about these.
Simple to make, even easier to eat. It’s one of the best summer desserts I’ve made so far, and it’s only May!
Join in on the fun in our Facebook group! Feel free to share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, help out your fellow home cooks, and see what’s new with The Crumby Kitchen (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #crumbykitchen so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Mini Strawberry Limeade Galettes
Strawberry Limeade Filling
- 2 cups fresh strawberries hulled & sliced
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons water
- Turbinado or coarse sugar
- Refrigerate finished pie crust 10-15 minutes before making this recipe.
Strawberry Limeade Filling
- Combine strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, salt, lime zest and juice, and vanilla in a medium bowl, stirring to coat the berries. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Roll out dough on a lightly floured nonstick surface (baking mat or parchment).
- Press the mouth of a 3-inch glass or bowl, or large cookie cutter, in to the dough, creating circles. Re-roll remaining dough and repeat, aiming for 6-8 circles.
- Place dough circles on a baking sheet covered in parchment. Spoon about ¼ cup of strawberry filling in the middle of each circle.
- Fold the edges of the galette dough up over the berries, pinching it gently to keep it together.
- Refrigerate galettes for 30 minutes prior to baking. When ready to bake, combine beaten egg and water in a small bowl and brush each crust, then sprinkle with Turbinado sugar.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until the crust is crisp and golden.