This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
Looking for a snack or appetizer? Mexican doesn’t get much simpler – or tastier – than these surprisingly quick and easy Buffalo Salsa & Chicken Quesadillas!
I’m an instant gratification kind of girl.
I won’t lie. I know, I know. It’s all about the journey, not the destination. I get that, I really do. Believe me, I love the journey.
The journey is what helps us learn from our mistakes. What makes us the people we are today. Yadda yadda.
But…sometimes. Sometimes, I wish I could just hop a DeLorean and 88 MPH my way straight to the finish line.
Thankfully, these Buffalo Salsa & Chicken Quesadillas are a tiny DeLorean, speeding their way to happy bellies.
Do you ever just get a craving for something random?
Like, quesadilla random?
I don’t think I had ever made my own quesadillas at home before these, which came to me after work on a Tuesday. While out for margaritas at my favorite Mexican restaurant, they are damn near required, but just on a whim?
Instant gratification girl, remember? I’ll sooner reach for a box of cereal or the peanut butter jar.
I guess that’s also called being lazy.
I accepted that long ago; I am an extremely lazy eater. At least, I used to be.
This food blog adventure I’ve embarked on has kind of changed me. Don’t get me wrong, I still have days where I get home from work and want nothing to do with saucepans and stove tops.
Those are the pizza roll and PB&J days. But I’m working on it.
These chicken quesadillas are a good example of “working on it.” I’ve noticed, while coming across new blogs on the interwebs and wiling away the hours on Pinterest, that the people want easy.
I can surely empathize.
Easy, to me, is 30 minutes or less. Enough time to get comfortable, feed the dog, pour a glass of wine, kick up the sore feet, and settle down with dinner.
I love fresh ingredients; but when you’re feeling like a lazy eater, canned ones do the job just fine! And it’s way quicker than cooking up chicken breast!
Whip out the can opener and go to town on some tin. No one will judge when they taste the finished product.
My guess is, if you do it right, they won’t even be able to tell the difference.
(I’m thinking my next canned quesadilla creation might be made with my fave – tuna!)
The Buffalo Salsa was a delicious idea, by the way.
I wanted to amp up these quesadillas a bit. Sure, I could have just make plain ol’ Buffalo chicken, but combining two kinds of spice is fun!
Plus, I’m crazy about black beans and Rotel tomatoes. And guh, Frank’s RedHot. I could put that stuff on ice cream. It all seemed like a good combination.
Ranch was the obvious dipping choice. I suppose you could use bleu cheese instead, but blech.
Not me. Oh no, Bleu and I, we are not friends. And nothing anyone can say will ever change my mind.
Trust me, Hubby has tried and failed multiple times.
I suppose it’s only fair. I can’t get him on board with ground turkey.
Easy Buffalo Salsa & Chicken Quesadillas
- 13 ounces canned chicken breast drained and shredded
- 8 ounces black beans drained
- 6 ounces Rotel tomatoes drained
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce I used Frank's RedHot
- 4 soft flour tortillas burrito size
- Ranch dressing for dipping
- Heat indoor grill (or grill pan) to medium.
- Combine chicken, beans, tomatoes, cheese, salt, and wing sauce in a medium sized bowl and stir to combine.
- Place a tortilla on a clean work surface; spread ¼ of the mixture on half of the tortilla and fold gently to close.
- Place the quesadilla on lightly sprayed/oiled grill (or grill pan) and cook for about 4 minutes, until the cheese in fully melted and tortilla is toasted.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling, being sure to re-spray grill between quesadillas.
- Cut into thirds with a pizza cutter, dip in ranch, and enjoy!