The Blackberry Paloma cocktail is a berry delicious take on an already twisted cocktail! Muddle grapefruit juice and blackberries together with a little tequila, mint, and sugar, and you’ve got yourself a lovely version of the popular Mexican drink.
Today has been a stellar day.
Yesterday was bittersweet, but today – completely wonderful.
It brought me a glimmer of clarity and peace that I never thought I’d know.
I can’t think of a better way to celebrate a new job – a new lease on life – than with a delicious little cocktail that’s perfect for Cinco de Mayo, can you?
JUST TAKE ME TO THE PALOMA COCKTAIL ALREADY!
If you’d rather skip my (pretty darn helpful) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this deliciously easy Blackberry Paloma Cocktail recipe, just scroll right on down to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card!
I won’t wax poetic about career changes, but I highly recommend them. Especially if you’re mostly miserable where you are.
Excuse my Millennial, but in spite of hating the shorthanded, hipster phrasing, I am a firm believer in YOLO.
You Only Live Once.
For the last three weeks, I’ve been explaining my decision to leave my career of 17 years for a relatively uncertain future, but I haven’t needed to.
Long story short, if I don’t leave now and do something that makes me happy…I never will.
And since I’m so highly supported and encouraged by my husband and loved ones, it didn’t seem fair to myself to not take the chance.
I’ve jumped feet-first into a fast moving train of a job, but I think I’ve found the seatbelt. Now if someone would pass me a Blackberry Paloma to enjoy the ride with, I think I’ll be set!
So, Palomas. What are they?
Think of a margarita, but you toss in some deliciously tart grapefruit juice. That’s basically it.
It’s a lovely cocktail, and this one is made even lovelier with the use of fresh blackberries and bright mint to balance out the bitter citrus.
It’s gonna be a delicious addition to your Cinco de Mayo menu, too. And beyond!
What’s in a Paloma Cocktail?
A simple, standard paloma is made up of tequila, lime juice, sugar, and then a fizzy grapefruit juice – either soda or juice + sparkling water.
In THIS paloma, you’ll find all of that PLUS muddled blackberries & mint.
How To Make A Paloma Cocktail:
- To start, squeeze a lime wedge into a cocktail jigger, or in the bottom of a glass if you’re without one. Add the blackberries, mint, and lime wedge and muddle together.
- Next, add grapefruit juice, tequila, and simple syrup (or sugar). Shake or stir until well mixed.
- Fill a glass to the top with ice, pour the cocktail in, and top with sparkling water.
- Garnish with mint.
Try these other fun drink recipes!
Join in on the fun in our Facebook group! Feel free to share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, help out your fellow home cooks, and see what’s new with The Crumby Kitchen (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Also, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram and tag #crumbykitchen so I can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site! You can also subscribe to my weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
- 5 fresh blackberries
- 2 fresh mint leaves
- ½ cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 3 shots tequila blanco
- 1 shot simple syrup or agave nectar
- ¼ lime wedge juiced
- ½ cup sparkling water or club soda
- Fresh mint for garnish
- Crushed ice
- In a cocktail jigger, squeeze the juice from the lime wedge. Gently muddle the blackberries, mint, and squeezed lime wedge together.
- Add the grapefruit juice, tequila, and simple syrup. Shake until well mixed.
- Pour over a tall glass filled with ice and top up with sparkling water. Garnish with mint as desired.