This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
A deliciously light Tropical Yogurt Trifle for one, made with angel food cake, fresh lime whipped cream, tropical fruit, and Yoplait Greek 100 Whips!
There’s just something about yogurt and fruit that go so well together, especially down here in Florida, and all my fellow deep south states. It’s getting pretty hot already (our spring is pretty short), and a cold cup of yogurt paired with a bowl full of juicy strawberries or freshly sliced pineapple – even oranges wedges – quickly triggers thoughts of cooling down under and umbrella by the pool, after baking in the sun all morning.
Well, I don’t bake. I burn. Matter of fact, I tend to avoid sun exposure altogether for the most part.
White girl struggles. They’re real, folks.
Do you know what’s not a struggle? Tearing up one of these Tropical Yogurt Trifles! And saving money on your favorite Yoplait Whips!! And the chance to win $15.00 in PayPal cash!!!
It took me years to get down with yogurt.
Especially the Greek kind. So thick and tart.
My favorite yogurt for a long time, once I learned what I’d been missing, was Yoplait’s Whipped Key Lime Pie flavor. It was just so light and fluffy and unlike any other gloppy kind that I’d tried.
I still love that flavor, but my palette has matured with my age.
Now, I have no issues cracking open a plain vanilla Greek yogurt, tossing in some berries or granola, and bam! Pre-workout snack.
I use it a lot in my baking, as well as in breakfast smoothies and dessert milkshakes. (Don’t tell Mr. Crumby that part!)
Of course, when I found out about Yoplait’s new Greek 100 Whips!, I had to try them.
Duh. My palette may have matured, but I still love a whipped yogurt.
I picked up one of every flavor (2 of the cherry and vanilla cupcake) from Publix on my latest after-work shopping trip, and proceeded to plow through all of them in four days. They’re that good.
Moderation need not apply with 100 calorie yogurt cups.
Before devouring my last few cups, I wanted to share with you one of my favorite ways to dress up your yogurt cup. And it involved leaving a couple yogurts untouched.
They’re so fun and pretty and flippin’ amazingly tasty! Cake and yogurt, fruit (like mango and papaya) and LIME whipped cream?? What’s not to like about that?
Plus, they’re individually sized, so there’s no temptation to overindulge! By following my recipe, each trifle is only 232 calories!
I mean, come on…it’s almost bikini season, after all. Gotta look good under that umbrella by the pool!
- 1 cup fat free whipped topping (I used Reddi-wip Fat Free)
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 1-inch slices low fat angel food cake, cubed
- 1 can (15oz) tropical fruit salad with Stevia (I used Libby’s Skinny Fruits)
- 2 Yoplait Greek 100 Whips! yogurt in Tropical Fruit (or Vanilla Cupcake)
- To prepare lime whipped cream, add lime zest to whipped topping and stir in gently, until incorporated.
- Layer your trifles as follows: half slice of cubed angel food cake, half container yogurt, 3.5 ounces (about a quarter can) tropical fruit chunks, 2 ounces lime whipped cream.
- Repeat layers a second time, piping on the top layer of whipped cream if desired.
- Repeat process to make second trifle.
- Garnish with a lime slice and enjoy your low-guilt dessert!