This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
A soft strawberry infused cupcake, crowned with a tiny cloud of lemon cream cheese heaven. Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes – Perfect for babies, brides, and birthdays alike!
Hey, so it’s finally Wednesday. The middle of the week. Hump day. Halfway to the weekend.
Today is also my last day of work before the big Food Blog Forum at Disney!! (You’ll be hearing plenty about that in the coming days!)
I definitely think today feels like a great day for a party!!! A mid-week celebration!
Yep, I’m thinking there’s nothing more I’d like to do than put on a pink party dress, grab a glass of pink moscato, and eat a dozen of these adorable pink Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes!
Don’t give me that confused/surprised/expectant look…just keep reading.
That’s right! Today we’re throwing a surprise virtual baby shower for the sweetest Texan I know, Erin of The Speckled Palate!!!
If you aren’t familiar with Erin (though you should be after the amazing Crunchy Parmesan Chicken Salad she shared right here on this blog a couple of weeks ago), you should get over to her fun blog and take a gander at some of the other wonderful recipes she’s crafted. Everything from sandwiches to cocktails to dessert and beyond, this girl has a unique style all her own, and has fast become one of my favorite people on the internet.
And today is all about her! And her soon to be newborn. And these cupcakes!
Erin has taken to calling her little one “Lady Baby,” and I think that’s an adorable way to address her.
That name inspired these cupcakes. That name, and The South (that’s right, we capitalize it), from where Erin hails.
They’re mini cupcakes, ’cause baby. Strawberry Lemonade, because for some reason when I think of lemonade, my mind settles right here in The South; Erin’s moved from Tennessee to Louisiana to Texas during her life. And the tiny, single crown to represent the tiny Lady Baby herself.
I can’t help but smile when I look at these. Or take a bite of one.
I am so beyond excited for Miss Erin and her family, as they welcome their sweet bundle in to the world this week! I’m sending over nothing but happy vibes, my friend, as well as these virtual sweets that I hope you get to try for real after Lady Baby comes home!
They were made with nothing but love!
Alright, guys, it wouldn’t be a baby shower (even a virtual one) without everyone bringing something to the party…so here’s your chance to link up! Drop your best and favorite baby shower appropriate recipes, DIY/crafty gifts, or party ideas in the collection down below, and show Lady Baby your love, too! Appetizers, sweets, cocktails, tiny-sized bites…anything you might find at a fun welcome-to-the-world party!
It doesn’t have to be pink, but bonus points for you if it is!
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
A soft strawberry infused cupcake, crowned with a tiny cloud of lemon cream cheese heaven. Perfect for babies, brides, and birthdays alike!
Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes
- 6 large strawberries, pureed to desired chunkiness (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (or melted butter)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup strawberry Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-3 drops red or pink food coloring (optional)
Fluffy Lemon Cream Cheese (makes just enough!)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 -2 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar, sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare 2 mini cupcake pans with liners. Set aside.
- Wash, hull, and puree strawberries in a blender. If you like chunks of strawberry, roughly chop them instead.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together sugar and coconut oil on medium speed for about 3 minutes. Add egg and beat to combine.
- Add Greek yogurt and beat til combined, then add milk and extracts (and food coloring if desired) and mix until combined.
- Add flour mixture to bowl slowly, about ⅓ at a time, mixing on low until just incorporated.
- Fold in strawberries by hand with a rubber spatula, being sure not to over mix.
- Using a small cookie scoop, fill liners ⅔ full. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and immediately remove cupcakes from pans, setting them on wire racks to cool completely.
Fluffy Lemon Cream Cheese
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle, cream butter and cream cheese for 3-4 minutes until pale and fluffy.
- Slowly add in confectioner's sugar, about ½ cup at a time, until it's all incorporated and smooth, and reaches desired sweetness..
- Incorporate extracts in on low, then beat icing on high for 5 minutes until fluffy.
- Pipe icing on cooled cupcake. Enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 131kcal Calories from fat 64|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 7g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Before you head on down to the collection, be sure to stop by my fellow hostess’ blogs and check out what they brought to the party!
[inlinkz_linkup id=499758 mode=1]