This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes are soft berry-infused treats, crowned with a tiny cloud of lemon cream cheese heaven. Perfect for babies, brides, and birthdays alike!
Hey, so it’s finally Wednesday. The middle of the week. Hump day. Halfway to the weekend.
Today is also my last day of work before the big Food Blog Forum at Disney!! (You’ll be hearing plenty about that in the coming days!)
I definitely think today feels like a great day for a party!!! A mid-week celebration!
Yep, I’m thinking there’s nothing more I’d like to do than put on a pink party dress, grab a glass of pink moscato, and eat a dozen of these adorable pink Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes!
Don’t give me that confused/surprised/expectant look…just keep reading.
That’s right! Today we’re throwing a surprise virtual baby shower for the sweetest Texan I know, Erin of The Speckled Palate!!!
If you aren’t familiar with Erin (though you should be after the amazing Crunchy Parmesan Chicken Salad she shared right here on this blog a couple of weeks ago), you should get over to her fun blog and take a gander at some of the other wonderful recipes she’s crafted. Everything from sandwiches to cocktails to dessert and beyond, this girl has a unique style all her own, and has fast become one of my favorite people on the internet.
And today is all about her! And her soon to be newborn! And these cupcakes!
Erin has taken to calling her little one “Lady Baby,” and I think that’s an adorable way to address her.
That name inspired these cupcakes. That name, and The South (that’s right, we capitalize it), from where Erin hails.
They’re mini cupcakes, ’cause baby. Strawberry Lemonade, because for some reason when I think of lemonade, my mind settles right here in The South; Erin’s moved from Tennessee to Louisiana to Texas during her life. And the tiny, single crown to represent the tiny Lady Baby herself.
I can’t help but smile when I look at these. Or take a bite of one.
I am so beyond excited for Miss Erin and her family, as they welcome their sweet bundle in to the world this week! I’m sending over nothing but happy vibes, my friend, as well as these virtual sweets that I hope you get to try for real after Lady Baby comes home!
They were made with nothing but love!
Be sure to stop by my fellow hostess’ blogs and check out what they brought to the party!
Join in on the fun in our Facebook group! Feel free to share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, help out your fellow home cooks, and see what’s new with The Crumby Kitchen (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #crumbykitchen so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes
- 6 large strawberries pureed to desired chunkiness (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted (or melted butter)
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 1/2 cup strawberry Greek yogurt room temperature
- 2/3 cup milk room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2-3 drops red or pink food coloring optional
Fluffy Lemon Cream Cheese (makes just enough!)
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 4 ounces unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 -2 1/2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare 2 mini cupcake pans with liners. Set aside.
- Wash, hull, and puree strawberries in a blender. If you like chunks of strawberry, roughly chop them instead.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together sugar and coconut oil on medium speed for about 3 minutes. Add egg and beat to combine.
- Add Greek yogurt and beat til combined, then add milk and extracts (and food coloring if desired) and mix until combined.
- Add flour mixture to bowl slowly, about ⅓ at a time, mixing on low until just incorporated.
- Fold in strawberries by hand with a rubber spatula, being sure not to over mix.
- Using a small cookie scoop, fill liners ⅔ full. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and immediately remove cupcakes from pans, setting them on wire racks to cool completely.
Fluffy Lemon Cream Cheese
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle, cream butter and cream cheese for 3-4 minutes until pale and fluffy.
- Slowly add in confectioner's sugar, about ½ cup at a time, until it's all incorporated and smooth, and reaches desired sweetness..
- Incorporate extracts in on low, then beat icing on high for 5 minutes until fluffy. Pipe icing on cooled cupcakes.