This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
Calling all football fans – Spicy PB&J Wings are here turn a famed childhood sandwich into your new favorite tailgating snack! Dip these peanut butter glazed chicken wings into the strawberry jalapeño glaze and cheer louder than ever before!
Are you ready for some FOOTBALL?!
I suppose I am, but I’m mostly just in it for the food! You know, ’cause tailgating food is some of the best stuff in the world, after all.
Wings are practically a staple in American dining, wouldn’t you say? You can find them in any corner restaurant, and it’s practically a sin if they’re not laid out on the table at a football party.
Of course, many people think of wings as breaded, BBQ, or Buffalo only, but one glance at Pinterest can tell you loads about how we food bloggers think.
Nothing is cut and dry in the food world – just about anything can become anything else when you get creative in the kitchen.
I’m not of messy food fan.
Ribs, ice cream cones, kabobs…anything that requires me to use wet wipes between bites to feel clean is not on my list of favorite things. If it can’t be eaten with a fork, spoon, or chopsticks, I’ll pass.
Wings fall under that category for sure. I love love love chicken, but wings aren’t normally something I’ll order in a restaurant. My husband on the other hand loves them and can tear down a couple dozen in short order.
His favorite flavor is hot garlic, and unless the smell is coming out of his pores after the meal, they’re neither hot or garlicky enough.
We all know Mr. Crumby loves to cook, and I of course adore a surprise dinner. Out of the blue one day back in March, I came home and he had wings ready to go as he cooked the rest of our dinner. He told me to try one, but refused to tell me what flavor it was.
He likes to mess with me sometimes so I was understandably nervous. But, after eating one, I grabbed another one.
And then another one.
And then I asked what the flavor was.
I could make out the unmistakable peanut butter flavor, But there was something a bit deeper that I just couldn’t put my finger on.
Then he reminded me of our trip the previous month to Savannah, where we enjoyed an order of duck wings that tasted very similar.
Lightbulb. I could see the menu in front of my eyes – they were peanut butter & jelly duck wings.
Duck is probably my favorite bird (so rich and yummy!), but chicken wings are far more accessible, and muuuuch cheaper.
And, ultimately, just as tasty with this combo of sauces all over them, making these a perfect, easy snack to bring to any fall football get-together.
Or, you, know, a Tuesday evening in May. Whenever the mood strikes.
- 18 chicken wings, drummettes separated
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Peanut Butter Sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon red miso paste
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Strawberry Jalapeno Glaze
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons white onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeno, diced (with seeds optional)
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup cherry soda (recommended: Cheerwine)
- 3/4 cup strawberry preserves (recommended: Bonne Maman)
- In a large saucepan set over high heat, bring the stock and seasonings to a boil. Allow to boil about 5 minutes, then remove from heat and add separated wings/drums. Cool, then cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
- Preheat oil in deep fryer or Dutch oven to 350 degrees F. Remove wings from brine, placing on paper towels and allowing them to dry slightly. Fry in two batches until golden brown and crispy; internal temperature should be 165 degrees F before consuming.
- In a medium sauce pan set over medium heat, combine coconut milk and miso paste, stirring until completely blended. Then add peanut butter, sugar, and salt, stirring to combine. Allow to simmer 6-8 minutes to meld flavors, stirring frequently, then remove from heat.
- Place fried wings in a large bowl, then add peanut butter sauce. Toss to coat completely. Transfer wings to a platter and serve with jelly glaze for dipping.
- Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeno, and garlic and saute until fragrant and tender, 3-5 minutes. Stir in cherry soda, strawberry preserves, and red pepper flakes. Turn heat to low and allow to simmer 6-8 minutes until incorporated and thickened. Transfer to a small dipping bowl and enjoy!
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Avocado Corn Salad by Books ‘n Cooks
- Bacon-wrapped Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers by Food Lust People Love
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs by Highlands Ranch Foodie
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Crème by Cooking with Carlee
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Cucumber Shrimp Cups by Sunday Supper Movement
- Game Day Burger Sliders by Dessert Geek
- Gyro Meatballs & Herbed Yogurt Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Ham and Salami Rollups by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Healthier Patatas Bravas by Caroline’s Cooking
- Kale Pesto Dip by Cooking Chat
- Lemony Chicken Wings by Basic N Delicious
- Liptauer (Hungarian Cheese Spread) by Curious Cuisinere
- Loaded Guacamole by Casa de Crews
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes by The Hungry Goddess
- Mexican Spinach Dip by Meal Planning Magic
- Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip by Palatable Pastime
- No-Bake Almond Energy Bites by Pies and Plots
- PB&J Wings by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pork Belly Sliders by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Queso Blanco Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Jalapeno and Chorizo Queso by The Texan New Yorker
- Sausage Pizza Dip from Family Foodie
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Monica’s Table
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Black Bean Chili by Cricket’s Confections
- Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Mexican Pizza by Chef Next Door
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders by Food Done Light
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- White Chicken Chili by Powered by BLING
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad by Crazed Mom
- 5-Ingredient Buckeye Dip by A Mind Full Mom
- Brownie Bomb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Football Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Miso Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches by Ninja Baker
- Touchdown Popcorn Toffee Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- White Chocolate Toffee Chunk Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.