This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
A fun mix of classically favorite snack foods – peanut butter pretzels & chocolate chunk granola bars. Would it be a stretch to call them healthy??
So here we are. Day 4 of Christmas Cookie Week 2014, and I’m still going strong! Today, I’m excited to share with you a hybrid of two of my favorite snacks. Well, it’s sort of a hybrid. They share ingredients, so I like to think of these Oatmeal Peanut Butter Pretzel Chunk Cookies as a cross between a bag of those peanut butter filled pretzels and the granola bars with the chocolate chunks.
You know, the ones that can’t possibly be a healthy breakfast snack. Adding oatmeal does not a nutritious breakfast make.
But we’re here for cookies, not healthy, so that’s irrelevant. Let’s get to it!
For these, I think I’m going to keep it short and sweet.
Mainly because…well…I’m tired. I’ve been living and breathing social media this week, and I’m finally off work tomorrow and I have way too much planned to really have any time to relax during it. Baking and laundry and Christmas decorations and more baking and some food photography and then some shopping since my gift list hasn’t been touched.
And because I still haven’t seen the mid-season finale of The Walking Dead and I’m quite honestly going crazy trying to figure out who dies and why everyone is so mad about it.
And because I’m saving all of my really good puns for Friday’s post.
And because, really, these cookies speak for themselves. I mean, oatmeal, chocolate, and pretzels in a peanut butter cookie. There’s nothing bad in that sentence.
The pretzels chunks are super crunchy and the chocolate literally oozes out of these babies when they’re hot out of the oven.
Which is how I recommend eating them.
With a big glass of milk.
Comfort food cookies, folks. That’s what I should have named these! Oatmeal Peanut Butter Pretzel Chunk Cookies suddenly sounds like a mouthful.
Aw, damn. There goes one of the puns I was saving. Bazinga!
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Pretzel Cookies
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup pretzels chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Line your baking sheets with parchment of Silpat liners. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle, combine butter and sugars, mixing on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated, then follow with the peanut butter.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet, mixing until smooth.
- On low speed, add in the oats, chunks, and pretzels, only mixing until uniform. Too much mixing with break apart the chunks too much.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop dough on to prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until bottoms are barely browning and tops no longer look wet.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet for 5 minutes, before moving them to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
What would your ultimate comfort food cookie contain?
|DAY ONE | Snickerdoodles (3 Ways!)|
DAY TWO | White Chocolate Cranberry Brown Butter Bars
DAY THREE | Pumpkin Butterscotch Streusel Cookies
DAY FOUR | Oatmeal Peanut Butter Pretzel Chunk Cookies
DAY FIVE | Chocolate Chip Cookie Bronados