This Mushroom Spinach Chicken with White Wine Sauce is a light yet filling meal – perfection has found your dinner table.
Random fact time: I absolutely adore fuzzy socks.
Actually, I love all fuzzy things (pants, blankets, puppies). Ask any of my close friends and family. If there’s one way to get on my good side, it’s a pair of warm, colorful, microfibery socks. My sock collection explodes at Christmas, I’m telling you.
There’s just something about the feel of slipping the soft, comforting polyester on my aching feet at the end of an 11-hour workday that makes the whole world slip away for a second.
Can I tell you something?
I get a very similar feeling when I take the first bite of this Mushroom Spinach Chicken with White Wine Sauce.
This chicken…it’s an all-around terrifically warm, satisfying sensation;
The warm, juicy chicken.
The fragrant mushrooms and shallots.
The white wine reduction sauce that literally drenches everything on your plate.
It’s a bit messy, but that sauce will most likely go with whatever side you pair with the meal.
(Even in it’s not my Garlic Herb Roasted Potato Salad.)
Let it play with the rest of your food. Don’t be scared!
But really, folks: think about it. Rice pilaf, quinoa, lentils, mashed potatoes, angel hair, baked yams, winter squash…this mushroom spinach chicken has unlimited potential for meal-repeatability.
The weather is starting to cool down everywhere north of the equator, so you can turn your ovens back on and get back to the hearty, family-style cooking and baking we’ve been missing all summer.
I can’t think of a better meal to start with that this!
Just look at that sauce, oozing all over the plate. Someone get me a straw.
And my fuzzy socks!
Mushroom Spinach Chicken with White Wine Sauce
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
- 1 large shallot diced
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- ½ lemon juiced
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Herb de Provence in a small bowl and season chicken with the blend.
- Heat olive oil in cast iron (or other oven-ready) skillet over medium heat; add chicken and brown on each side for 5-6 minutes, until golden.
- Place the skillet in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Add sliced mushrooms and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the shallot, lemon juice, and spinach, and continue to cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour in wine and bring to a gentle boil; when the wine has reduced by half, add the chicken stock and return to a boil until it reaches sauce-like thickness, about 10-15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- When chicken is ready, plate, spoon wine sauce over each breast, serve, and enjoy!