These adorable Mini Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecakes make indulgence nearly guilt-free! Tart-sized pumpkin cheesecakes topped with a praline pecan sauce and whipped cream are a seasonal two-bite treat!
Guys guys guys! It’s here!
My favorite week of the year has finally arrived…well, as far as the blog is concerned (Christmas week firmly holds that spot, otherwise.)
It’s time for everything pumpkin under the sun! So let’s not waste any time – on to the pumpkin!
Have I ever mentioned how much I love love love tiny foods?
It’s pretty ridiculous, the love I feel. Give me a regular sized sandwich or dessert and I’ll eat it, and most likely enjoy it. But if you want me to collapse into giggle-fits of joy while I coo over food, make sure it’s of the miniature persuasion and you’ve got me.
That’s blackmail fodder.
I feel bad for my future kids, because I can already see myself sneaking their tiny Teddy Grahams when they aren’t looking, stifling a giggle the whole time because they’re just so darn cuuuute.
My original plan with this was to recreate the big Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecake I made for my bestie’s birthday a few years ago…but the draw of the bite-sized version was far too strong. I love the simplicity of just popping a heavenly bite of cheesecake in your mouth at the cost of only having to lick your fingers. No utensils required.
Big or small, this cheesecake is the bomb! Perfectly spiced, supremely creamy goodness – and then I topped it with a sweet, caramelly pecan praline sauce that is just out of this world! Like eat it with a spoon out of the pan good. Willing to burn off a few taste buds good.
If you’re looking to save a few calories, use low-fat Neufchâtel cheese in place of regular cream cheese, but for heaven’s sake, don’t mess with the sauce. That butter is in there for a reason!
Mini Pumpkin Pecan Cheesecakes
- ⅓ cup graham cracker crumbs crushed
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese full or low fat, room temperature
- 6 ounces pumpkin puree
- 1 egg room temperature
- ¼ cup sour cream room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
Praline Pecan Sauce
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar packed
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- ½ cup pecan halves toasted
- Whipped cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a tart or mini muffin pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and melted butter. Stir together well with a fork, then place about 1½-2 teaspoon crumbs in each tart cavity. Press down to flatten bottom. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Blend in remaining ingredients, mixing until well combined. Spoon a heaping Tablespoon of cheesecake mixture into each tart cavity over crusts.
- Bake on lowest oven shelf for 18-20 minutes, until cheesecakes are set. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature before removing from pan and refrigerating.
Praline Pecan Sauce
- Melt butter and brown sugar in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Stir in cream, vanilla, and salt and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer 3-5 minutes until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in toasted pecans.
- Spoon praline sauce over cheesecakes, then top with a dollop of whipped cream. Enjoy!
Wendy Klik says
Ooooooh, praline sauce. I will be drooling over that for the next few hours.
Slide a plate of those babies my way!! I love mini foods too… or super giant food. The extremes are just so much more fun!
Cindy Kerschner says
A tasty bite, indeed! Love the sauce!