Citrusy, earthy, and not too sweet, this refreshing basil mojito cocktail is perfect for lounging and enjoying the weather no matter where you live!
Is there anything like a cool drink on a warm spring afternoon?
I think not!
Relaxing by the pool or in the backyard, nothing ushers in the season quite like good conversation, lots of sun, and a frosty, refreshing cocktail in your hand.
If you’re a citrus fan and your beverage of choice is one of these Cucumber Grapefruit Basil Mojitos, I promise you’ll be mixing up extra batches!
Spring sprang a while ago here in Florida, but Mr. Crumby and I celebrated it yesterday at Walt Disney World during Spring Dapper Day!
An unofficial event, it’s a day to celebrate the tradition of stepping out in style, often bringing out ladies and gents dressed in their best from back in the day.
This was my second Dapper Day, and getting my hubs to dress up with me and enjoy the off-and-on weather was an absolutely wonderful way to spend a Saturday in April.
There was a lot of running around, selfie-snapping, chit chat, sore feet (I don’t recommend heels at Disney, even for a partial day) and making new friends, but no lovely cocktails around the verandah (Magic Kingdom don’t play like that – Epcot is the drinking destination!)
That happened after we got home from the park.
The fickle rain clouds disappeared and the sun finally broke through and stayed out until it set, giving me a little sunburn as we sat in the backyard, enjoying a couple of these, playing with the pooch, and doing not much else but watching the wind blow through the trees.
It was a perfect evening, wrapping up a lovely day with lovely people.
This is definitely going to become my new go-to entertaining cocktail!
The citrus combined with the muddled cucumber is so super refreshing, and since I’m not a big fan of mint, the basil variety was much more pleasant. I highly advise using lemon-lime soda instead of plain club soda, since it adds another layer of nice sweetness.
And then rum…because it’s just not a mojito without it!
Even more refreshing spring cocktails!
If you love this recipe, please consider leaving a 5 STAR RATING! If you really love it, leave us a comment and let us know – we appreciate all forms of feedback!
Join in on the fun in our Facebook group! Feel free to share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, help out your fellow home cooks, and see what’s new with The Crumby Kitchen (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #crumbykitchen so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also enjoy exclusive content before anyone else by subscribing to our weekly newsletter – and you’ll never miss a delicious recipe again!
Cucumber Grapefruit Basil Mojito
- 1 inch cucumber peeled, plus more slices for garnish
- 5-6 basil leaves plus more for garnish
- ½ lime quartered
- 1 grapefruit slice plus more slices for garnish
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 ounce lime juice fresh
- 1 ounce grapefruit juice fresh
- Crushed ice
- 2 ounces light rum
- 2 ounces lemon-lime soda or sparkling water
- Add cucumber and basil to a cocktail shaker; muddle gently with a cocktail muddler, pestle, or the back of a spoon. Add lime and grapefruit wedges and sugar, muddling them gently as well to release juices.
- Add lime and grapefruit juices to shaker. Fill to top with crushed ice, cover, and shake vigorously for 20-30 seconds.
- Double strain into a highball glass filled with crushed ice. Top with rum and soda, and garnish as desired with ingredients (You can also add the contents of the cocktail shaker if you’d rather not cut up more fruit – it works just as well!)