This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
Citrusy, earthy, and not too sweet, this refreshing spring cocktail is perfect for lounging and enjoying the weather no matter where you live!
Is there anything like a cool drink on a warm spring afternoon?
I think not!
Relaxing by the pool or in the backyard, nothing ushers in the season quite like good conversation, lots of sun, and a frosty, refreshing cocktail in your hand.
If you’re a citrus fan and your beverage of choice is one of these Cucumber Grapefruit Basil Mojitos, I promise you’ll be mixing up extra batches!
Spring sprang a while ago here in Florida, but Mr. Crumby and I celebrated it yesterday at Walt Disney World during Spring Dapper Day!
An unofficial event, it’s a day to celebrate the tradition of stepping out in style, often bringing out ladies and gents dressed in their best from back in the day.
This was my second Dapper Day, and getting my hubs to dress up with me and enjoy the off-and-on weather was an absolutely wonderful way to spend a Saturday in April.
There was a lot of running around, selfie-snapping, chit chat, sore feet (I don’t recommend heels at Disney, even for a partial day) and making new friends, but no lovely cocktails around the verandah (Magic Kingdom don’t play like that – Epcot is the drinking destination!)
That happened after we got home from the park.
The fickle rain clouds disappeared and the sun finally broke through and stayed out until it set, giving me a little sunburn as we sat in the backyard, enjoying a couple of these, playing with the pooch, and doing not much else but watching the wind blow through the trees.
It was a perfect evening, wrapping up a lovely day with lovely people.
This is definitely going to become my new go-to entertaining cocktail!
The citrus combined with the muddled cucumber is so super refreshing, and since I’m not a big fan of mint, the basil variety was much more pleasant. I highly advise using lemon-lime soda instead of plain club soda, since it adds another layer of nice sweetness.
And then rum…because it’s just not a mojito without it!
- 1-inch cucumber, peeled
- 5-6 basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 lime, quartered
- 1 1/2-inch grapefruit slice, halved
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce grapefruit juice
- Crushed ice
- 2 ounces light rum
- 2 ounces lemon-lime or club soda
- Cucumber, thinly sliced (garnish)
- Lime wedges (garnish)
- 1 slice grapefruit, quartered (garnish)
- Basil leaves (garnish)
- Add cucumber and basil to a cocktail shaker; muddle gently with a cocktail muddler, pestle, or the back of a spoon. Add lime and grapefruit wedges and sugar, muddling them gently as well to release juices.
- Add lime and grapefruit juices to shaker. Fill to top with crushed ice, cover, and shake vigorously for 20-30 seconds.
- Double strain into a highball glass filled with crushed ice. Top with rum and soda, and garnish as desired with ingredients (You can also add the contents of the cocktail shaker if you’d rather not cut up more fruit – it works just as well!)
- Pop in a straw, kick back, and enjoy!
- Chicken Sausage, Apple and Cheddar Breakfast Bake by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Chive and Cheese Quiche by An Appealing Plan
- Lavender Scones by Feeding Big and More
- Raspberry Lemon Baked Donuts by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Matcha Donuts by The Ninja Baker
- Whole Wheat Lemon Berry Coffee Cake with Lemon Glaze by A Mindful Mom
- Artichoke Lemon Hummus by Food Done Light
- Asparagus and Goat Cheese Tart by Baking Sense
- Butter Lettuce and Spring Radish Salad by Hardly A Goddess
- Ceviche with Potato and Pea Shoot Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Roasted Strawberry Popsicles by Brunch-n-Bites
- Rustic Wrapped Tart with Ramps by Delaware Girl Eats
- An Unconventional Mojito by Monica’s Table
- Caribbean Cream Cocktail by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cucumber Grapefruit Basil Mojito by The Crumby Cupcake
- Limoncello Raspberry Sangria by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Spiced Rhubarb Champagne Cocktail by Hezzi-D Books and Cooks
- Vanilla Lavender Limeade by The Tip Toe Fairy
- Very Berry Springtime Spritzer by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Violet Hour by Wholistic Woman
- Cheese Tortellini with Herbed Ricotta and Fava Beans by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Gnocchi Primavera with Spring Asparagus and Peas by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Levantine Fattoush Salad by Curious Cuisiniere
- One Pan Spicy Lemon Chicken with Tomatoes by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Orecchiette with Peas, Pecorino and Onions by Cooking Chat
- Pasta with Peas by Manu’s Menu
- Pesto Shrimp and Zoodles Oh My! by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Ramp and Mushroom Frittata by Pies and Plots
- Spring Lamb Skewers with Roasted Baby Carrots by Food Lust People Love
- Spring Salad with Scallops and Strawberry Vinaigrette by My World Simplified
- Veggie Pasta Primavera by Momma’s Meals
- Asparagus, Goat Cheese, and Rhubarb Salad by The Texan New Yorker
- Green Peas with Onion and Bacon by Magnolia Days
- Minty Pea Farro Spring Salad by She Loves Biscotti
- Roasted Asparagus and Mushroom Quinoa Pilaf by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Amazing Coconut Cake by A Baking Legacy
- Berry and Honey Whipped Ricotta by Family Foodie
- Caramelized Black Figs and Walnuts with Mascarpone by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Carrot Oatmeal Raisin Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Colorado Crème by Cooking on the Ranch
- Honey Blossoms by Get the Good Stuff!
- Hot Milk Sponge Cake by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Lemon Scented Choux with Rhubarb Ginger Pastry Cream by The Finer Cookie
- Meyer Lemon Bars by The Chef Next Door
- No-Bake Berry Greek Yogurt Pie by An Italian in my Kitchen
- Rhubarb Meringue Pie by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Spring Cookie Bouquet by The Freshman Cook
- Strawberry Cheesecake Puffs by Moore or Less Cooking
- Strawberry Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream by Tramplingrose
- Strawberry Moscato Sorbet by Seduction in the Kitchen
- The Black Beast by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Plus Spring Vegetable Minestrone and more Spring Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement