This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
A perfect snack for any dinner, party, or a fancy Girl’s Night In, these Crabcake Stuffed Mushrooms combine the simplicity of crabcakes with the fun of stuffed mushrooms.
I’m excited to bring you today’s post, and to introduce you to Caposaldo Wines, vintners of some of the most incredible Sweet Moscato I’ve ever had!
What comes to mind when you think Girl’s Night Out?
Getting dressed up. Hitting a nice restaurant with your best friends. Having a couple of fruity cocktails. Maybe even flirting with someone on the dance floor?
I love a good GNO, but many times, I’m just way too tired and lazy to put in all the extra effort of getting ready to go out and spend a big chunk of money on quality time with my girls.
Which is why I enjoy the alternative Girl’s Night In so much – same quality time, minimal effort, delicious homemade food and drinks, and, if you have cool friends like I do, you may not have to wear more than your pajamas!
For the fancier Girl’s Night In, though, I like to bring snazzy little appetizers like tomato-basil bruschetta, and these Crabcake Stuffed Mushrooms, both of which pair perfectly with Caposaldo’s Pinot Grigio.
Friends…I’m in desperate need of a fantastic Girl’s Night In.
My Girl’s Night Out situation seems constantly covered. Between visiting the theme parks with Gretchen, to having a couple of beers after work with Jerrica, to playing foodie critic with Lara, I’m always bouncing around with my girlfriends. I don’t only have one Girl’s Night coming up, I’m spending three days with Gretchen in Georgia for a concert this coming weekend!
I’m more than just mildly excited about our little road trip, but at the same time, I’m wishing I could do it all from the comfort of my wonderful couch.
Quality time with my girlfriends is about the most therapeutic activity I can imagine. Sure, I don’t have kids yet, but I still live with the hubby and my sweet furbaby Vader, and there are things that guys (furry and non) just can’t understand or help you with.
And they won’t enjoy a night full of chick flicks and girl talk as much, either.
Sometimes, you just have to kick the boys out, get the entire house to yourself, and call up your girls for some cathartic shenanigans.
My couch is honestly the best place in the world to lounge during a girly night! It’s a big, soft sectional with those nifty recliners on both ends, and I have a slight obsession with those fuzzy blankets, so there are always plenty to go around.
Mr. Crumby has a bit of a technology habit, also, so we have a pretty large television that’s perfect for watching said chick flicks.
Marathoning chick flicks (even ones we’ve seen a million times – I’m looking at you Pitch Perfect!), snacking, and sipping some smooth, snappy Caposaldo Sweet Moscato is my idea of a relaxing evening. No need to worry about designated drivers, checking our makeup, or saving each other from being hit on!
Plus, it’s a much cheaper bill at the end of the night!
I’m no expert, but as a wine fan, Caposaldo has it going on! From the pretty outside to the deliciousness on the inside, their line of vino is appealing in every way. They blend a handcrafted, artisanal approach to winemaking with cutting-edge quality standards and techniques, so that it stands as a benchmark of iconic Italian wines, which translates to food-friendly and appealing flavors.
Plus, wine infused with seasonally handpicked fruit from Italy? Sign me up!
Maybe one day I can convince Mr. Crumby to take me to their winery, when we finally make it to The Boot…or maybe that’s a trip only my girls can truly appreciate!
Caposaldo is available nationwide in a variety of still and sparkling wines, and is the go-to wine to share with friends for any occasion, such as a night in, before a night out or even on a laid back weekend:
- Pinot Grigio ($10.99) features a dry, crisp, vibrant texture and delicate aromas of white fruit, flowers and almonds.
- Chianti ($10.99) ruby red with a fruity perfume, smooth texture, excellent structure and a long, elegant finish.
- Prosecco ($15.99) bright with persistent bubbles, the wine has a fruity aroma of citrus, green apple and acacia blossoms. On the palate, the elegant, brut-style wine has a pleasant acidity and freshness and a soft, round mouth feel.
- Moscato IGT ($14.99) bright golden yellow in color, this wine delivers an assertive bouquet with exotic fruit and spice aromas and a fresh, vivacious and highly polished palate.
- Sweet Sparkling Moscato ($15.99) bright gold in color, this sweet wine delivers intense pear, peach and spice aromas and flavors, and fresh, vivacious bubbles.
- Sweet Sparkling Red ($15.99) lightly sweet wine delivers intense floral and red berry aromas and flavors, and fresh, vivacious bubbles.
- Sweet Pink Merlot Moscato ($15.99) lightly sweet wine delivers intense berry, rose petal and herb aromas and flavors, and fresh, vivacious bubbles.
- Sparkling Peach Moscato ($15.99) soft and elegant with lively bubbles, this sweet sparkling wine has intense aromas and flavors of freshly picked peaches, honeysuckle and citrus.
Crabcake Stuffed Mushrooms
A perfect snack for any dinner, party, or a fancy Girl's Night In, these apps combine the simplicity of crabcakes with the fun of stuffed mushrooms.
- 15-20 stuffing or baby portobello mushrooms
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 scallion, diced
- 3 Tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- Pinch crushed red pepper
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese, shaved or grated (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Clean mushrooms and remove stems, reserving them. Set mushrooms cap side down on a foil-lined baking sheet and brush with 2 Tablespoons melted butter. Bake for 10 minutes. When done, drain the excess moisture from the mushrooms through a colander. Reset the caps on the baking sheet and set aside.
- While mushroom caps are baking, in a small pan, melt remaining butter, and saute garlic and mushroom stems together until tender, 3-4 minutes.
- Remove stems from heat and cool slightly before adding them to a bowl with the remaining ingredients. Mix together until evenly distributed.
- Form ½ Tablespoon to Tablespoon-sized balls of crabcake mixture, and set on top of upside down mushroom caps. Sprinkle with shaved or grated Parmesan cheese if you'd like, then bake another 10 minutes.
- Serve with a lovely glass of Caposaldo Pinot Grigio, and enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 174kcal Calories from fat 99|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 11g||17%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|