This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
Burrata Caprese Crostini with Prosciutto puts a creamy twist on a classic crostini – toasted ciabatta topped with burrata, prosciutto, mini heirloom tomatoes, basil & balsamic.
I like to consider myself pretty adventurous with the foods I eat, but that hasn’t always been the case.
Ten years ago, if someone asked me to try avocado, I’d wrinkle my nose in distaste. Sushi? Only if it was tempura and had no roe on it. Beef tripe?!? Get the hell out of here, I wasn’t eating cow stomach.
(For the record, I did try it, but tripe is still gross.)
All this food negativity coming from a girl who used to drink straight buttermilk with her Papa, and still eats liverwurst and sauerkraut to this day.
JUST TAKE ME TO THE CAPRESE CROSTINI ALREADY!
If you’d rather skip my (pretty darn helpful) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this deliciously easy crostini recipe, just scroll right on down to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card!
Marrying in to a culture that is so different from what I was used to has been such a blessing.
Abe has been more than happy to introduce me to plenty of tasty food I would have otherwise never touched. In turn, my eyes and taste buds are much more welcoming to trying new things.
I really don’t know how I didn’t know about burrata.
After all, cheese is an integral part of my life. I don’t feel complete unless I’ve had some sort of cheese at least a few times a week.
And mozzarella? Pfft.
Shredded. String. Ball. Pearl. Melted. Pizza. Stick.
Whatever, it’s in my top ten foods made of milk, for sure.
How I didn’t know that someone stuffed more cheese and dairy goodness into an already perfect ball of cheese…is simply beyond my understanding.
When I stumbled across this Burrata and Garlic Tomato Appetizer, it was like a shot to my stomach. Cheese, tomato sauce, olive oil, garlic, and bread.
One of the most primal and fun ways to eat – rip, dip, chew.
Sometimes I think I’m actually Italian, and just got adopted into my German-Polski family.
LOOKING FOR MORE APPETIZER RECIPES?
HELPFUL KITCHEN TOOLS FOR MAKING CAPRESE CROSTINI:
Join in on the fun in our Facebook group! Feel free to share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, help out your fellow home cooks, and see what’s new with The Crumby Kitchen (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #crumbykitchen so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Burrata Caprese Crostini with Prosciutto
- 6 ounces balsamic vinegar
- 1 loaf ciabatta bread sliced in 1/4'-1/2" slices
- 8 ounces burrata cheese
- 6 ounces prosciutto
- 1 1/2 cups mini heirloom tomatoes halved or sliced
- 3 tablespoons basil chiffonade
- In a small saucepan set over medium heat, bring balsamic vinegar to a slow boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes until reduced by half. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place ciabatta slices on 1 or 2 baking sheets, and toast for about 5-8 minutes until crispy.
- Carefully slice burrata, trying to keep the creamy middle inside, and spread on to hot crostinis.
- Layer prosciutto on top of cheese, then place 3-4 tomato slices. Sprinkle each with basil ribbons, then drizzle with reduced balsamic.
- Birthday Cake Cocktails by Daily Dish Recipes
- Blueberry Lavender Mojitos by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Caipirinha Colada by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Fig-Bourbon Fizz by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mocha Martini by Desserts Required
- Mocha Mudslide by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Plum and Thyme Champagne Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Summer Fizzies by Momma’s Meals
- 2-Ingredient Deviled Eggs by Shockingly Delicious
- Apple and Chorizo Crostini with Shallots and Basil by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Buffalo Chicken Wontons by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Burrata Caprese Crostini with Prosciutto by The Crumby Cupcake
- Chorizo and Kimchi Potato Pancakes from kimchi MOM
- Cotija and Roasted Corn Guacamole by Simply Healthy Family
- Gluten Free Basil Tomato Flatbread by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Salt Cod Fritters by Recipes Food and Cooking
Birthday Main Courses:
- Chai Sweet Chili Chicken Flatbread by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Chorizo Eggs Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Espetada (Portuguese Beef Skewers) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Grilled Salmon Rice Salad by Magnolia Days
- Sofrito Marinated Beef Skewers by Nik Snacks
- Steak with Red Wine Reduction and Blue Cheese by The Weekend Gourmet
- Angel Food Cake by Feeding Big
- Birthday Blondies by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake with Buttercream Icing by Whole Food | Real Families
- Chocolate Doughnuts with White and Chocolate Glaze by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- French Vanilla Eclair Cake by Love and Confections
- Homemade No-Churn Nutella Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cheesecake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Italian Cream Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Japanese Cherry Blossom Brownies and 10 Tips on How-To Get Drunk With Happiness by NinjaBaker
- Mint Chocolate Cream Pie by gotta get baked
- Pink Lemonade Cookies by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Queijadas de Sintra by Food Lust People Love
- Red Currant Cheesecake Ice Cream by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Summer Peach Cake by The Wimpy Vegetarian