Summer grilling with a kick! Top your Buffalo Hot Dogs with shredded Buffalo chicken, zesty Buffalo mayo, chopped celery & carrots, and blue cheese (or Feta for BCHaters) for a change of pace in your hum-drum dog game!
It’s been a real grillin’ weekend around here, in spite of the drenching afternoon rains we’ve gotten just about every day. We’re spoiled – our grill is under a roof.
Grilling in any weather is how. we. roll.
JUST TAKE ME TO THE BUFFALO HOT DOGS ALREADY!
If you’d rather skip my (pretty darn helpful) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this deliciously easy hot dog recipe, just scroll right on down to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card!
This Buffalo Hot Dogs recipe is ALL about grilling, too. The dogs are grilled. The buns are grilled. Corn (on the side) is grilled. The chicken is grilled before it’s drowned in Buffalo sauce.
How do you guys feel about your sauce to meat ratio when it comes to Buffalo-flavored food? I’m partial to LOTS of saucy goodness – same goes for BBQ. Pulled pork? It better be swimming in sauce that I can dunk my bun (or garlic bread, in the case of a local BBQ joint’s sides are concerned) in.
So why wouldn’t I add to the Buffalo sauce deluge on these unique hot dogs by adding a Buffalo mayo to them, too? Obviously, it had to happen.
And what Buffalo dish is complete without celery and carrots? You don’t really need them on the side like with wings – they’re not exactly grilling fodder – but dicing them up and tossing them on top of the whole shebang is a GREAT idea.
If you’re a superfan of blue cheese…knock yourself out, here. I’m gonna stick with my 90% BCHater ways (I only like it in my hubby’s sliders) and top my dogs with feta or cotija just for a hint of queso love.
Since I can barely make any savory recipe without cheese.
I also, for some reason, can’t eat anything Buffalo (or anything grilled for that matter) without a cold beer to accompany it. Or two. And I definitely recommend some with these Buffalo Hot Dogs. The mayo cools them down slightly – but your mouth is likely to still be on fire after a couple of these guys.
Feel free to pop some heartburn medicine afterward. YOLO, and these are something to enjoy at least once in your life. Though I’m betting you’re going to go back for these again and again, whether it’s summer or not.
(Fall football season is almost here, after all…)
Join in on the fun in our Facebook group! Feel free to share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, help out your fellow home cooks, and see what’s new with The Crumby Kitchen (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #crumbykitchen so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
Buffalo Hot Dogs
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1 cup shredded Buffalo chicken
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 carrot diced
- ¼ cup blue cheese or feta
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons buffalo wing sauce
- Juice of 1/4 lime
- Black pepper
- Combine all ingredients and keep refrigerated until serving time.
- Slice hot dogs lengthwise about 3/4 of the way through, then grill hot dogs (or broil, pan fry, boil according to package directions) until crispy and browned to your desired color.
- Toast buns, then spread 1/4 cup of Buffalo chicken inside buns. Place hot dogs on top and drizzle with Buffalo mayo. Sprinkle diced celery, carrots, and cheese over the top. Serve immediately.
Still hungry for more summertime eats? How about a side or two to go with your dogs?
- Cheesy Pretzel Dogs by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Jalapeno Popper Hot Dogs by Life Tastes Good
- Queso Kielbasa Dogs by Daily Dish Recipes
- Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs with Fruit Salsa by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- BBQ Hot Dogs by Home Sweet Homestead
- Hot Dog & Hamburger Cowboy Beans by Soulfully Made
- All American Hot Dog by The Freshman Cook
- Banh Mi Hot Dog by Cricket’s Confections
- Buffalo Hot Dogs by The Crumby Kitchen
- Copy Cat Detroit Coney Dogs by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Hawaiian Hot Dog by Palatable Pastime
- Matcha Ochazuke Hot Dog Rice by NinjaBaker.com
- Memphis Hot Dog by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Philly Mushroom Swiss Dog (Low Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Sauerkraut Stuffed Dogs by Gourmet Everyday
- South of the Border Hot Dogs by My Blissful Mess