This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
Celebrate your Independence – from plates! This tasty All-American Pie Shooter Trio has all your favorite patriotic flavors covered – apple streusel, blueberry cheesecake, and classic cherry. And the best part? All you need is a spoon to enjoy them, making them perfect for every summer party!
God Bless America…and all of the delicious little things that have come from it.
I’m talking Buffalo wings, cheeseburgers, potato salad, and s’mores. You know, all those things that are bound to show up at any (Memorial Day in this case) backyard BBQ.
Oh, and APPLE PIE. Actually, every pie. All the pies. Have I ever mentioned that I’m a freak for pie?
I’m also obsessed with mini-sized anything (is there a name for that?) so the idea of shoving a slice of pie into a cute little shot glass is my idea of fun!
JUST TAKE ME TO THE PIE SHOOTER TRIO ALREADY!
If you’d rather skip my (pretty darn helpful) tips and tricks, essential cooking info, and similar recipe ideas – and get straight to this deliciously easy shot glass desserts recipe, just scroll right on down to the bottom of the page where you can find the printable recipe card!
These little guys are the perfect size to be a part of our household commitment to eating better! It’s all about portion control, folks…which is something that’s hard to come by with sweets. We’re trying the Keto Diet starting in June, so we will be mostly low-carb and as sugar-free as possible.
People keep telling me I won’t even want sweets on this diet. I’ll believe it when I see it.
As far as this pie shooter recipe goes, there are 3 flavors and you’ll get about 8 shooters per. So don’t go making these thinking you’ll be helping out your own diet, because you may be like me and end up eating 2 or 3 at a time.
These are definitely party treats (though I don’t see anything wrong with keeping a couple at home before you head out!)
Meet the All-American Apple Streusel Pie Shooter!
He’s filled with sweet apple filling (homemade is definitely recommended, but in the interest of mass production, a can wouldn’t be frowned upon,) whipped cream, and crunchy, buttery streusel.
Hello! Textures! And the little lemon juice-doused apple stars on top? Take my advice and find a cookie cutter unless you’re a whiz with a knife. My stars were at least charming if nothing else.
Mmmmmm. Blueberry Cheesecake Pie Shooters.
Call it cheesecake only if you want, but if you’ve ever had a cheesecake pie, you’ll know exactly what’s happened here.
Lemon-scented no-bake cheesecake filling, gooey blueberry filling, and a graham cracker base. Summer in a glass? Preeeeeeeeetttty much.
And, of course, the Classic Cherry Pie Shooter.
Because cherries are my fave, I went heavy on the filling here and layered it with freshly baked pie crust.
I’m normally a crust girl, but with cherry filling, I can never get enough. It’s topped with a little bit of whipped cream and a crust heart.
Honestly, what’s cuter than shaped pie crust?
One of my favorite things about these shooters is how subtly patriotic they are! I’ll be the first person to slap some sprinkles on a dessert and call it festive – but using the ingredients as decorations!
SO cute. SO fun. SO easy to make them fit in at any holiday party.
LOOKING FOR MORE PARTY DESSERT RECIPES?
HELPFUL KITCHEN TOOLS FOR MAKING SHOT GLASS DESSERTS:
(Told you cherry was my fave. He’s so photogenic.)
Join in on the fun in our Facebook group! Feel free to share YOUR favorite recipes, ask questions, help out your fellow home cooks, and see what’s new with The Crumby Kitchen (so that you never miss a new recipe)! If you’d like to check it out, you can request to join HERE.
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and tag #crumbykitchen so we can see all the wonderful recipes YOU recreate from this site!
You can also subscribe to our weekly newsletter so you never miss a delicious recipe again!
All-American Pie Shooter Trio
Apple Streusel Pie Shooter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1 can apple pie filling
- Whipped cream
- 1 small apple
Blueberry Cheesecake Pie Shooter
- 8 ounces (1 package) cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 graham crackers crushed
- 1 can blueberry pie filling
- Fresh blueberries for garnish
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
Cherry Pie Shooter
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust
- 2 egg whites beaten
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Whipped cream
- Fresh cherries for garnish
- Apple Streusel Pie ShooterPreheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Combine sugars, flour, cinnamon, salt, and softened butter in a large bowl. Rub ingredients together between your fingers until it reaches a crumbly consistency.
- Spread streusel on prepared cookie sheet in a single layer. Bake for 4-5 minutes until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Spoon or pipe whipped cream into the bottom of the shot glass. Fill halfway with apple filling, top with streusel and additional whipped cream. Garnish with more streusel and star-shaped apple slices.
- Blueberry Cheesecake Pie ShooterCombine cream cheese, sugar, and cream in a medium bowl, beating until creamy. Add vanilla, lemon juice, and zest, and beat 2-3 minutes until smooth. Spoon into a piping bag or zipper bag.
- Spoon crushed graham cracker into the bottom of the shot glass. Pipe cheesecake filling on top, then layer in the blueberry filling, and another layer of cheesecake. Garnish with fresh blueberries and mint leaves.
- Cherry Pie ShooterPreheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Using a cookie cutter or knife, cut heart-shaped pieces from half of the pie crust. Arrange hearts and remaining pie crust on the baking sheet. Brush dough with beaten egg whites; bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Immediately use a metal spatula to gently remove crust from foil, then cool completely. Break up remaining crust into small pieces.
- Fill shot glasses ⅓ of the way with cherry filling. Layer crust pieces on top, then fill with more cherry filling. Pipe whipped cream on top, then garnish with fresh cherries and crust hearts.
Get your grillin’ grub on with these Easy BBQ Recipes!
Best Burgers and Sandwiches
- Barbecue Rib Burgers with Low Carb Sauce by My Life Cookbook
- Caribbean Jerk Chicken Burgers by Simple and Savory
- Guava-Ale BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich by Gourmet Everyday
- Turkapple Burgers with Yumback Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Grill Master Mains
- Grilled Red Snapper with Cilantro and Onion Stuffing by Food Lust People Love
- Honey Glazed Chicken Kabobs by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Homemade Coleslaw by A Mind Full Mom
- Spicy Grilled Leg of Lamb by Sunday Supper Movement
Mop Worthy Sauces
- Blueberry Sriracha Barbecue Sauce by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Homemade Ketchup by What Smells So Good?
Searing Starters and Sides
- Campfire Corn and Tomatoes by Cricket’s Confections
- Grilled Lime Beer Ritas with Smoky Lime Salt by Our Good Life
- Honey Chipotle BBQ Chicken Wings by Soulfully Made
- Pork Satay with Peanut Sauce by Asian In America
- All-American Pie Shooter Trio by The Crumby Cupcake
- Flourless Fudge Brownies by Pies and Plots
- Grilled Fruit Kabobs by The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone by Caroline’s Cooking
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mason Jar Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes by For the Love of Food
- Mini No Bake Coconut Cheescakes by Jonesin’ For Taste
PIN THESE PATRIOTIC PIE SHOOTERS FOR LATER!