Red Wine & Maple Glazed Carrots
A little sweet, a little spicy, and totally delicious, these Red Wine & Maple Glazed Carrots are about to be your new favorite side dish!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup shallots 1 large, sliced
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled and sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb. carrots whole, chopped, or baby
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Fresh thyme
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook shallots, stirring occasionally until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
Add fresh ginger, cayenne, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
Stir in carrots, wine, and maple syrup. Simmer, covered, for about 18-20 minutes, stirring occasionally until carrots are just tender.
Uncover and add vinegar. Cook 3-5 minutes more until liquid is reduced to a thin glaze.
Remove from heat and toss with sprigs of fresh thyme. Serve.
Calories: 177kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 323mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 18g