Instant Pot Spicy Chicken Ramen
This 20-minute Instant Pot Spicy Chicken Ramen is a fantastic addition to your weeknight dinner menu! Start with a spicy-as-you-want broth, add some quick-cooked chicken, and top it all off with your favorite veggies for a healthy bowl of comfort.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil plus more for serving
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger grated
- 4 cups lower sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 2 tablespoons chili paste
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound chicken breast boneless & skinless
- 5 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms sliced; divided
- 6 ounces ramen noodles uncooked
- 1 cup fresh arugula (rocket)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro plus more for serving
- 1 small lime juiced, plus more for serving
- 4 soft boiled eggs cut in half
- Shredded carrots green onions, sesame seeds, & sriracha for serving
Press Saute on the Instant Pot. Heat sesame oil, then add garlic and ginger and saute until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Press the Cancel button and stir in ½ cup of chicken broth, scraping the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon.
Add the remaining broth, water, soy sauce, mirin, chili paste, fish sauce, and red pepper flakes and stir to combine. Add the chicken and half of the mushrooms. Cover and cook on high pressure for 8 minutes.
Once cooking time is up, perform a quick release of the pressure. Press the Cancel button, then press Saute. Remove the lid and carefully transfer the chicken to a large bowl. Shred the chicken, then add it back into the pot.
Stir in the noodles, arugula, spinach, cilantro, and lime juice and allow to cook for 4-5 minutes, or until the noodles are soft.
Ladle the soup into bowls and top with boiled eggs, remaining mushrooms, and any desired toppings.
Calories: 368kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 172mg | Sodium: 1334mg | Potassium: 715mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1195IU | Vitamin C: 7.6mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 2.9mg