Summer Chopped Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
Summer lovin' in a salad! Grilled chicken, grilled corn, fresh cherries, blueberries, and avocado are tossed with standard salad fare and a tangy lime vinaigrette - creating a crunchy Summer Chopped Salad that's perfect for any meal!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 2 grilled chicken breasts chopped
- 2 ears grilled corn cut off cob
- 2 heads romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 cup baby heirloom tomatoes halved
- 2 radishes chopped or sliced
- 1 avocado chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh cherries halved
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cucumber chopped
- 1 carrot chopped
- 4-6 fresh basil leaves
- Sea salt to taste
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons oil we used avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper optional
Season and grill chicken and corn on the cob. Allow to cool enough to be handled, then cut the kernels off the corn cob and chop the chicken breasts.
While chicken and corn are cooling, chop vegetables. In a large salad bowl, mix chicken, all chopped fruit and vegetables, and basil together well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste, then toss thoroughly.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together lime juice, honey, oil, vinegar, and red pepper (if using.) Pour over salad, then toss again to coat. Sprinkle salad with feta cheese, then serve.
Calories: 455kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 248mg | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 24g