This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
Low-carb and keto-friendly, these Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps are a bright and refreshing meal option for when you’re craving a sandwich but don’t want the bread! Plus, they’re super portable and convenient for any picnic, BBQ, or potluck party.
Well, this is it, friends! The dawning of a new era in my food blogging journey.
Welcome to The Crumby Kitchen!
If you came here on purpose, thank you! Expect pretty much the same kind of recipes – just because I changed my name doesn’t mean my eating habits are any different.
If you’re here because you got redirected from The Crumby Cupcake…enjoy your stay in my shiny, snazzy new internet home! (Isn’t it pretty?!? OMG I just can’t get over how much I love it.)
Are you wondering why I changed my name?
I have only three reasons.
The Crumby Cupcake was a name I felt I personally identified with when I started this blog 3 years ago. I was a cake decorator-turned-manager who felt more comfortable with the science of baking than I did with the freedom of cooking.
As I ventured out of my comfort zone more and more for the sake of presenting you, my readers, with all kinds of different recipes, I learned. I picked up hints from my husband, read cookbooks, drew inspiration from other blogs, and all of a sudden – holy crap, I could cook, too. And pretty well.
(Protip: salt is your best friend in the kitchen. Learn how to use it, and you can do anything!)
The more obvious reason for changing the name?
Confusion. I cannot tell you how many people were confused into thinking I was strictly a dessert blog. I even had folks emailing me asking if I could bake so-and-so many dozens of cupcakes for their birthday…or their daughter’s wedding in New Jersey in 3 weeks.
Flattered, yes. But that’s not my schtick.
Lastly, and really the most important reason – this blog was always supposed to be a joint effort between me and The Hubs, and it ended up becoming more my thing. The food that comes from our kitchen is often blended cuisine; unique recipes not easily duplicated unless written down.
(He’s really super-duper bad about writing them down, so he’s lucky he has me.)
I want this blog – this business – be about us again, instead of just me. We both love to dine out as much as we love to experiment in our own kitchen, and we can pretty much enjoy anything we want since we don’t have to worry about feeding little ones.
Going forward, we’ll be sharing mostly recipes that are perfectly sized for two. Anything larger than that in our home is meant for parties, potlucks, or leftovers (and yeah – we’ll share those, too!)
…or it’s a pan of brownies that we have no problem devouring on our own.
We’ll still be mixing it up between healthy and decadent recipes. Even though we’re both trying to get healthier, we still like to indulge just like you do. Portion control is a necessary evil, but there’s no reason not to enjoy a cookie every now and again!
Once a week, we’ll be sharing a super simple recipe we think is essential to have in any chef’s repertoire – we’re calling it the Kitchen Basics series, and it has its own little place at the top of the homepage.
We also want to be more openly transparent about our lives outside our kitchen, especially now that so many changes have happened for both of us. Crumby Life will be a place for anything else that doesn’t quite fit into a recipe category: big announcements, home improvements, travel tips, restaurant reviews, event recaps, general gushing nonsense…you get the idea.
Sooooo yeah! There are a few other fun things for you to discover, and more that will be coming as time goes on. But for now, this is our new home, and we’re so excited that this long time coming labor of love is finally complete!
And here are some Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps! Since, at the end of the day, this is still a food blog.
My tuna salad is usually super simple (think tuna+mayo+celery sometimes,) but after combining it with avocado, dill pickles, lime juice, and even more avocado (in the form of black garlic avo mayo – my new fave,) I can honestly say I’ll never go back to my old ways.
In an effort to cut some carbs out of my life (I said SOME,) I thought to try this on lettuce “wraps” (which honestly ate more like tacos but whatever.) OH MY. The crispy lettuce was so refreshing and was a perfect vessel for this delish tuna salad.
Perfect picnic food, my friends. Just think – no soggy tuna bread!
Looking for more keto-friendly recipes? How about more picnic perfect food?
- Blueberry Watermelon Salad
- Fresh Pineapple Coleslaw
- Summer Chopped Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps
- 2 4 oz. cans tuna in water, drained
- 1 avocado separated
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons avocado or light mayo
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion diced
- 2 tablespoons celery diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro finely chopped (optional)
- Kosher salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 6 large lettuce leaves butter, romaine, bibb
- Thoroughly drain the tuna and place in a large bowl.
- Slice avocado in half, removing the peel and pit. Mash one half in a small bowl, and dice the other half. Set diced avocado aside.
- Add lime juice, mayo, and salt & pepper to the bowl with the mashed avocado. Mix well, then stir into the tuna until well incorporated.
- Fold diced pickle, red onion, celery, and cilantro into the salad along with the diced avocado. Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve inside pieces of lettuce, stuffed into a tomato, on crackers, or in a sandwich. Cover and refrigerate leftovers if necessary.
Starters, Skewers, and Sandwiches al Fresco
- Antipasto Skewers by Soulfully Made
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cream Cheese Slider Sandwiches by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Layered Portable Picnic Jars by The Weekend Gourmet
- Low Carb Ham Pinwheels by Cricket’s Confections
- Patatas Brava Chorizo Sausage Rolls by Food Lust People Love
- Pickled Ratatouille Vegetables by My Life Cookbook
- Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps by The Crumby Kitchen
Stow-and-Go Sides and Salads
- Authentic German Potato Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Avocado Bacon Loaded Pasta Salad by Daily Dish Recipes
- BBQ Ranch Pasta Salad by Cooking With Carlee
- Broccoli Slaw by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Jalapeno Popper Macaroni Salad by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Marinated Zucchini and Summer Squash by Caroline’s Cooking
- Old Fashioned Potato Salad by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad by Family Foodie
- Southern Cornbread Salad by Gourmet Everyday
- Summer Quinoa Salad by Simple and Savory
- Sweet and Sour Macaroni Deli Salad by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Watermelon and Avocado Salad by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Whole30 Cauliflower Potato Salad by Bites of Wellness
Drinks and Desserts for Outdoor Dining
- Banana Snack Cake by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blueberry Hand Pies by Our Good Life
- Cantaloupe Mint Lemonade by Palatable Pastime
- Cherry Poke Cake by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Caramel Layer Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Cherry No Bake Bars by The Freshman Cook
- Mixed Fruit Drink by Basic N Delicious
- Rice Krispie Sushi by NinjaBaker.com