This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our full Disclosure Policy for details.
These Strawberry Pina Colada Popsicles are a frosty, refreshing treat, made with fresh fruit and coconut milk, sweetened with agave, and spiked with coconut rum for the grown ups!
Whew! What a week!
Blogiversary week is finally over, and I have to thank you all again for celebrating with me. I’ve learned so much in the last year, but I feel like I learned a lot in the last week, too!
Like five days of recipes in a row is exhausting.
But totally worth it. At last, I can turn my gaze to what’s ahead of me again, instead of what has passed.
And, oh my goodness, do I have an incredible weekend coming up!
The 2015 Food & Wine Conference is upon us, guys, and as a brand ambassador for the conference, I’m pretty sure I couldn’t have been paired with a better, more perfect brand sponsor!
Curious who they are? I’ll give you a hint. They’re responsible for one of the main ingredients in these Strawberry Pina Colada Popsicles!
Strawberry Pina Colada Popsicles
Isabel, Renee, and all the other fabulous organizers of #FWCon really have outdone themselves so far this year, and we haven’t even walked through the doors of the Rosen Shingle Creek yet! We’ve been getting sneak previews of all the fun things we’re going to get to be a part of this weekend, and I just know that we are all going to have a fantastic time learning, eating, drinking, networking, and making new friends!
We have an incredible host of sponsors that I’ll be gushing about all weekend, you can be sure, but there’s one in particular that I’m rather fond of…
And I couldn’t be more thrilled to be the ambassador for the Florida Strawberry Growers Association!
If you look back at my posts over the last year, I have no less than ten recipes including these lovely little red fruits.
You could say I’m slightly obsessed with them. It helps that I live in Florida, THE state that essentially produces them all year round, and they’re always juicy, sweet, and delicious – especially in the winter!!
No matter how many times I find myself at the farmer’s market in a given month, I end up coming home with at least one pint, and they often find their way into my cooking…if Mr. Crumby and I don’t polish them off with ice cream, first.
In the case of these popsicles, it was all a matter of blending.
These tasty frozen treats are super easy to make, and are healthy to boot, made with fresh fruit, coconut milk, and agave nectar.
And of course, the rum is optional if you want to make these family friendly, but it’s an optimal addition for adults-only! (Bonus points if it’s coconut rum!)
Strawberry Pina Colada Popsicles
- 1 cup pineapple fresh or frozen
- 1 cup strawberries fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 2/3 cup coconut milk full fat or lite
- 1/3 cup coconut rum optional
- Combine pineapple, strawberries, and pineapple juice in a blender. Pulse until coarsely chopped/blended. Strain if desired.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together coconut milk, agave nectar, and rum (if not using rum, increase the coconut milk to 1 cup) and set aside.
- Portion blended fruit into popsicle molds, filling them about ⅓ of the way.
- Pour coconut-rum blend into molds, then spoon remaining fruit on top until the fill line is reached.
- Freeze popsicles for 30 minutes, then insert popsicle sticks. Continue to freeze for 12-24 hours.
PIN THESE STRAWBERRY PINA COLADA POPSICLES FOR LATER!